IAM Merger Update

monthly local union meetings
IAM 142 updates which some are supplied here
you can also fgot to the 142 website
Thanks Dell. Can you post the 142 website address?

So I guess since the cards are coming in, there is a possibility for a change in representation. Interesting it will be.

First of all if/when the NMB declares Single Carrier Status, there is no vote and all the former HP/ibt AMTs will fall under the IAM/US CBA, then a transition agreement is negotiated on how to intergrate the workforce.

THe only way there is a vote is if the ibt gathers 35% of the total group to sign Authorization Cards, including furloughees.

The IAM is putting out bulletins and they are not raiding a organized group like the ibt is doing.

The main reason the ibt pulled out of the AFL-CIO is they want to raid other established unions. They just tried it on the IAM at ATT Auto Transport and got trounced.

I believe the ibt has 14 days to file after the single carrier ruling is issued. And the teamsters did not pull out of the aflcio for the reasons that you stated 700. :down: I would like to see proof of this accusation.

I believe the ibt has 14 days to file after the single carrier ruling is issued. And the teamsters did not pull out of the aflcio for the reasons that you stated 700. I would like to see proof of this accusation.
HELP DELL THEY WANT PROOF! Help IAM help me I Need PROOF?

Whenever one of the iam cskuceckors is asked a direct question they sure do dummy up. But when no question is asked they have all the answers but no facts to prove them. That tells me a lot about anyone that truly believes in the iam.

quote 700

"The IAM is putting out bulletins and they are not raiding a organized group like the ibt is doing."

The IBT has a large group it is protecting... Not raiding. This is not like AMFA... There are over 1.4 million Teamsters and 850 are mechanics at AWA.. Sure the IBT has more to gain but they are not Raiding anything.. The allready have the CBA and a membership, if the NMB's outcome is single carrier they will have 30 days to show %35 interest in a vote..

The ibt does not have 30 days, the cards expire after one year, there is no time limit on the ibt raiding US.

The ibt does not have 30 days, the cards expire after one year, there is no time limit on the ibt raiding US.
The IBT is "raiding" US???? More like giving the members on both sides the opportunity to make a choice........hopefully, based on FACTS. This country and it's political goings on, is still a democracy. Each and every member should excercise their rights.

The ibt is soliciting cards from US/East Mechanic and Related, that is what unions call "raiding", if you were a union member and involved you would know this.

Don't try to sugarcoat it and I am just calling it like it is.

The ibt is soliciting cards from US/East Mechanic and Related, that is what unions call "raiding", if you were a union member and involved you would know this.

Don't try to sugarcoat it and I am just calling it like it is.
I'm not sugar coating anything. I am calling it like I see it. Each and every individual has a choice and I hope that they excercise their right to choose....based on facts presented by both sides. I think the more accurate word would be soliciting. You have a choice there too....you, as an individual do not have to accept anything that you choose not to.....for example, you don't have to subscribe to the newspaper even if they call and solicit you to do so. I would like to see you not "sour coat" everything and try to see some possibility for POSITIVE change in the future.

And again, I have been in the union and the possibility exists that I may be again so...........I welcome facts, information and solicitation from BOTH sides.

More like giving the members on both sides the opportunity to make a choice........hopefully, based on FACTS. Each and every member should excercise their rights.
quite so...however the gray area between the two contracts regarding inhouse heavy checks is up to serious debate...I feel if IBT gets the nod,heavy is gone...they can not now guarantee that it won't.they claim anything done inhouse now isn't permitted to be vendored....but under their contract that isn't the way it is.IAM gets it...its cut and dried...even crellin made statements as to the state of heavy depending on which union gets the nod...looks cut and dried to me.....IBT-bye bye heavy.....IAM-inhouse heavy.