IAM Merger Update

quite so...however the gray area between the two contracts regarding inhouse heavy checks is up to serious debate...I feel if IBT gets the nod,heavy is gone...they can not now guarantee that it won't.they claim anything done inhouse now isn't permitted to be vendored....but under their contract that isn't the way it is.IAM gets it...its cut and dried...even crellin made statements as to the state of heavy depending on which union gets the nod...looks cut and dried to me.....IBT-bye bye heavy.....IAM-inhouse heavy.
As seen through my rose colored glasses that I happen to have on at this very moment, the transition agreement will hopefully combine the best of both....whichever union prevails. A transition to a bigger, better, profitable airline.

I'll take the glasses off now. :D

WHAT I KNOW IS THE IBT TOOK THE JOB SCOPE AND UP DATED IT TO HELP US ALL.. That was one of the contract items that was not TA'ed so now DP and The BOYS have to deal with that lol...The IBT will take care of us thay have done right my me. :up: and what do I have to look fwd for with the IAM ..........2009 10 11 12 And a back door deal while they get my dues (VOTE IBT AND LETS GET SOME NOW)

JUST POST THE FACTS BOYS LOL

Educate me and everyone else who is in the dark......

Why would a declaration of single carrier status stop a change in representation if that's how the vote goes...if there is a vote?? If it doesn't, then why wouldn't the IAM put out information like the IBT is? Does the IAM do the same or something similar to keep members informed? :unsure: I don't know so that's why I am asking.

No! the iam doesn't keep the membership informed. Everything is a secret with them. They hide behind phony confidentiality agreements. AMFA kept their membership informed. ie: AMFA update gives pages of minutes for every session and allows non commitee members to sit in on the negotiations. The iam negotiations update," Negotiations are continuing". Check the AMFA locals web sites if you don't believe me. I imagine the ibt isn't much better than the iam when it comes to keeping the membership informed. I'm not pushing AMFA but they are the model all unions should use when it comes to information. But then again. How could the iam make all those secret little deals with the company if the membership knew about them?? The iam is only worried about the iam. Not the membership. The End

Yea boy AMFA did a stellar job at NWA didn't they?

When the took over they had 8,000 AMTs down to 3,000 now ZERO!!!

NWA slaughtered AMFA.

Well since you are going there, the outcome may have been different if the IAM would have honored the picket lines. IAM is no better than ALPA in regards to the strike of 92. And I really don't care about scope, it was in the IAM clause the did not have to cross a company picket line. Whats left of the IAM is next at NWA and what is going to happen to them? We going to read how bad ALPA is for crossing the lines? I believe U had almost 6000 mechanics working at U and that number is down to about 2000....sure is something to brag about!!! Lots of union $$$$ gone, no wonder the dues are increasing!! Don't believe the number of AGC's were reduced by the same ratio......

I don't have a dog in this fight but if I did, I would want the right to decide my future, not just follow along because everyone else has already decided my fate.

I don't have a dog in this fight but if I did, I would want the right to decide my future, not just follow along because everyone else has already decided my fate.
I think that we all do.........want the right to decide. But the facts have to be put on the table from both sides. I hope that happens.

Yea boy AMFA did a stellar job at NWA didn't they?

When the took over they had 8,000 AMTs down to 3,000 now ZERO!!!

NWA slaughtered AMFA.

My post had nothing to do about the iam backed slaughter of AMFA at NWA. Is that the only thing you can say? Obviously the rest is all true then and you won't admit it. No defense of the iam when it comes to their non-information? Just slurs? Typical iam! The End

My post had nothing to do about the iam backed slaughter of AMFA at NWA. Is that the only thing you can say? Obviously the rest is all true then and you won't admit it. No defense of the iam when it comes to their non-information? Just slurs? Typical iam! The End
Can anyone factually explain WHY the IAM is so secretive?? :down:

No! the iam doesn't keep the membership informed. Everything is a secret with them. They hide behind phony confidentiality agreements. How could the iam make all those secret little deals with the company if the membership knew about them?? The iam is only worried about the iam. Not the membership. The End
explain all these secretive little deals.......i believe they're listed in your contract under LOA'S...letters of agreement...for all to see in your contract booklet...oh....sorry...didn't realize you never read it... :lol:

Eastern went out of business, the AMFA strike at NW will not have the same effect.

Guess you forgot ALPA, IAM and TWU all went on strike at EAL.

Eastern went out of business, the AMFA strike at NW will not have the same effect.

Guess you forgot ALPA, IAM and TWU all went on strike at EAL.

it was because all the unions backed each other, something that doesn't happen anymore. just like your iam people crossed the line at northwest because they were mad they left the iam!

Latest posts