Dan Garton puts full blame on AA mechanics

What's happening at AA is what happens when you allow the "Bobby Boutris" :down: types to run wild at the FAA. Of course,it doesn't help when you have UNLICENSED NON A+P ENGINEERS :down: writing the ECO's. This ECO has stuff in it that defies Standard Wiring Practices that are supposed to be standard in this industry. They need to write an AD for the AD in my opinion. :blink:

What's happening at AA is what happens when you allow the "Bobby Boutris" :down: types to run wild at the FAA. Of course,it doesn't help when you have UNLICENSED NON A+P ENGINEERS :down: writing the ECO's. This ECO has stuff in it that defies Standard Wiring Practices that are supposed to be standard in this industry. They need to write an AD for the AD in my opinion. :blink:

For your edification.

Your Engineering Staff will not 'Dummy Down' OEM/Vendor Change Orders again.

Get used to 'Do Per SB'.

B) UT

I don't think anyone has a problem following the rules, but I do have a problem with the rules changing in mid-game.

Yea we are used to that.
Like when the rules (the RLA) say we cant strike as long as we are working under terms that we agreed to at one time or another but once those terms are changed we are free to strike but then they simply say you cant strike no matter what the terms are.

Yea we are used to that.
Like when the rules (the RLA) say we cant strike as long as we are working under terms that we agreed to at one time or another but once those terms are changed we are free to strike but then they simply say you cant strike no matter what the terms are.

Or the rules when an airline asks a bankruptcy judge to abrogate all union contracts and turn the pensions over to the PBGC and then ask that same judge to increase the compensation packages to all the "key executives" in order to keep that "talent."

Or the contracts that your unions agreed to which permitted the PUP they never dreamed would pay out, but once they actually did the unions got pissed off?.....

AMR didn't go to a judge to change your contracts, and they haven't prohibited you from striking. You might want to remember that once in a while...

Even when it's shown that the company actually stuck up for the wrenches, contrary to media spin, you still look for the negative...

Hooray for the FAA.

While grounding the entire MD80 fleet due to relatively minor discrepancies (1 inch +/- .25) may seem a bit extreme, especially when in the past we saw an MD-80 dive into the Pacific killing all on board and the FAA continued to let the aircraft fly, I see this as a potentially good development for aircraft mechanics. Lets not forget how 737s were doing flips into the ground due to rudder malfunctions yet no grounding of the 737 fleet. The last time I saw such a large grounding of a fleet size was back when the DC10 fliped in ORD. So now they ground a fleet for something minor, but if they stay this vigilant if could be good for us.
?

What are you talking about? The FAA didn't "ground an entire fleet" like your post suggests. Plenty of MD80s were flying legally at other airlines last week.

AMR didn't go to a judge to change your contracts, and they haven't prohibited you from striking. You might want to remember that once in a while...

We are not free to strike until we have been released from federal mediation and have gone through a 30 day cooling off period. Until that time we continue under the same CBA under which we cannot strike. Basic RLA

Even when it's shown that the company actually stuck up for the wrenches, contrary to media spin, you still look for the negative...

They stuck up for the "mechanics " because they were about to get 300 tubes of aluminum collectively put where the sun doesn't shine over Garton foolishness.

The entire AA MD80 fleet was grounded. :huh:

Ken:

The entire fleet was grounded, yes - but by AA (mis)management and then only as better PR than allowing the FAA to ground the entire fleet which they were going to do until the so-called wiring discrepancies were corrected.

This mess needs to be seen by the traveling public for what it really was - Congress stepped on the FAA's tail and the FAA lashed out at anyone or anything they had power over, similar to what an animal would do in the same situation, and also be reminded that the same group of blithering idiots are still in charge of public safety.

Or the contracts that your unions agreed to which permitted the PUP they never dreamed would pay out, but once they actually did the unions got pissed off?.....

Because key information was not disclosed before the SEC filing. Why do you think there was a "drop dead" date on the voting? This was the most questionable business act in terms of ethics that I have seen from a company I 've worked for... But then, many of us ha tried to warn the f/as. That is one of the main reasons the APFA bb was shut down.

I guess you dont remember 1997 when the company ran to the President to stop the pilots from striking.

Well as long as the paycheck is negative so will our attitudes be.

Well as long as the paycheck is negative so will our attitudes be.

Bob come visit Tulsa sometime, it has become so depressing working here with the negative attitude on the floor. The majority hate this place and stay only because they are so far in debt from over extending themselves.

NO ONE seems to really care anymore if this place flops, Me included!!!!!!

Hows that for the truth?

Because key information was not disclosed before the SEC filing. Why do you think there was a "drop dead" date on the voting?

Uh, the PUP plan had nothing to do with the SERP, and neither plan was new. The only "new" twist was creating the trust for the SERP, which didn't do anything more than guarantee exec pensions to the same degree pilot lump sum plans were...

Bob come visit Tulsa sometime, it has become so depressing working here with the negative attitude on the floor. The majority hate this place and stay only because they are so far in debt from over extending themselves.

NO ONE seems to really care anymore if this place flops, Me included!!!!!!

Hows that for the truth?
I've been there and likely will be there again. Sounds like Tulsa is getting more like New York or visa versa, everyday.

Back