Dave Screwed Up Again

AirTran is killing US to ATL and Florida, but they haven't had any luck yet with the more business oriented routes. US has chased FL out of PHL-PIT, PIT-MDW, and PIT-LGA, and it appears that US is easily winning the battle on PHL-BOS. (Before anyone mentions that FL just added a PHL-BOS frequency, they did that because they didn't before offer a competitive number of frequencies--probably due to not having enough aircraft. They still don't really offer a competitive number of frequencies.) US has completely given up in ATL, with the RJs from PIT and PHL. (Although Delta seems to also be giving up in these markets, having also recently downsized their aircraft.)

I'm going to use AirTran next week from ATL to PBI. My choice was backhaul on an RJ to CLT or PHL, for nearly $500, or buy an AirTran Business Class seat for $280, and go nonstop. I'm not that smart, but I don't think you really want your upper tier customers sampling something like that, especially since inflight service levels have been dropped to at, or below discount carrier standard.

i wouldn't say Delta has given up on the ATL-PHL route. Yes, Delta was supposed to have 5 757's and a 763 among 5 other MD-80's starting in Jan. and now will only have 3 757's, and 8 MD-80's or 738's. I deffinitely don't think Delta is giving up compaired to Airtran's 5 daily 717s.

Also in Nov. American Eagle will decrease it's number of flights from PHL-BOS to 5. Leaving:

5-American Eagle flights
5-Delta Connection flights
3-Airtran flights
15-US Airways flights

Personally Airtran should be having a hard time competing on this route with 3 other airlines who have served the route for years. However i think you'll start to see Airtran take away AE and DL's passengers

Bob,

The major point for me is that the company should not be "in trouble".

We should be able to compete and go toe to toe with these other carriers. We have received every "advantage" under the sun, as a company, and should be well ahead of the pack in our restructuring process.

I don't think U should lose one more city. WE need to try harder and compete and NOT give up any more routes. There is no excuse for this at this juncture. None!

You tell em' Pitt Bull!!!
Toe to Toe is not Daves way. He prefers the sucker punk and run method.
He wont even got toe to toe with his own employees.

PITbull said:
The major point for me is that the company should not be "in trouble".

We should be able to compete and go toe to toe with these other carriers. We have received every "advantage" under the sun, as a company, and should be well ahead of the pack in our restructuring process.

I don't think U should lose one more city. WE need to try harder and compete and NOT give up any more routes. There is no excuse for this at this juncture. None!
Pittbull,
Right on, Right on.
These boyo's up in space cadet palace have the keys to the kingdom. At the point of extream noxiousness, they heve stollen 1.8 billion of annual concessions. Stollen the pilot's pensions. Cut the F/A's to FAA min's including stripping first class service. Hammered every employee group imaginable. And now are trying to strip the mechanic's of their right to employment.

If these theives can't turn a trick with this. Than Babylon truely need's a great new whore. I mean if these dudes in the big shinny palace who can suck a golf ball through a prom dress corsage stick pin, can't make a buck here, it can't be done. I mean check out these dudes portfolio's, if they bugger this one it's all over. Not for us, I mean for them in their own sinfull world!

USAIRWAYS HAS BEEN GIVING UP CITIES FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS.

We had a full non stop flight out of my city to MCO DAILY.

The brain trust pulled the flight and another fly by night airline took over.

They now have 4 of there 8 airplanes in and out of this city.

Which by the way they are flying md-80's and dc-9's which our usairways old airplanes.

We also boarded up to 20,000 passengers a month in the city i am at
and now we are LUCKY to board 5,000 a month.

We now fly RJ'S AND DASH-8's.........

Were did the other 15,000 other passengers go ?????

To the other carriers.....

CAN DAVE AND DAVE SAY BYE-BYE ......MONEY

AND THEY WONDER WHY WE ARE IN TROUBLE.....

WE HAD A VILLAGE AND WE HIRED THE IDIOTS TO RUN IT....

When US Airways pulled the mainline flights out of Cleveland last June,we were told it was because we had a 70% load factor on out three 737's to CLT.SO, they made CLE a mainline express station and replaced the 737's with 50 seat RJ's but they didn't increase the frequency. 70% of 126 is 88. Where did those other passengers go? They certainly weren't on the 30 seat SAABs to PIT. The only business plan in place is to continue to show losses so they can drive wages down to Jet Blue levels.

It sure is a true shame to have hired some idiots such as seigal and bronner to run this airline into a cemetery. I'd like to see someone like Gordon Bethune of CO run this airline and actually turn profits. It seems to me that we took a big paycut and then on top of that, we got whacked at my station due to company "failure" for paying us mainline wages after we went express.