Dave Siegel Issues Letter

repeet said:
PITbull
Posted on Jan 10 2004, 02:31 PM

The fatal mistake of the union leadership is that at the Dec. 16 USAirways BOD meeting, THEY SHOULD HAVE ALL RISEN TO THE OCCASION AND WALKED OUT OF THE BOARD WITH The ALPA MEC President, who in my minds eye displayed the ultimate courage as a union leader in this modern day 21stcentury labor environment.
PITbull,
Spot on!!!!!

I'm going to start researching whos butt I need chew on so that a fellow coalition member won't ever take that kind of stand, ALONE, again.
Whoa, wait just a minute. When those individuals (representatives of the unions) accepted those Board positions, their fiduciary responsibility to the company began, notwithstanding any union position they hold. Walking out of a Board meeting is NOT acceptable for so many reasons. That Board member, no matter what group he represented failed to serve in the office he was selected. Had all the employee representatives followed, they too would have been derelict in their duty. If a Board member doesn't like what they hear, they should try to change it, move for removal of the Chief Operating Officer or resign if they can not accept the consequences.

Realistically, the company would be within their rights to seek this Board members' removal for violating standard governance covenants. Further, he is personally susceptible to shareholder litigation for malfeasance of duty.

I'm not management or a shareholder. I thought the BOD shirked its' responsibility when it did not rescind the payouts to W & G. Bad corporate governance stinks, no matter who is responsible.

robbedagain said:
dont forget that the iam also forgot to throw in the life preservers too when they sold those of us in the expressed out cities such as pwm, abe, dtw etc etc.
But I dont think SRQ is served by any express. Last I looked it was only served by
5 mainline jets a day out of clt

CHARLOTTE, NC to SARASOTA/BRADENTN, FL
01/12/2004
US Airways
CLT
SRQ
1030A
1223P
View
View

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

US Airways
CLT
SRQ
225P
414P
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 flts daily.....no ramp.....most pax fly to tpa as it is only 48 miles from airport to airport.
not to mention that quite a few dest require a double xfer.....