Dave Siegel Issues Letter

Industry Observer said:
I appreciate that Dave is keeping the employees informed on this issue. I do believe that labor will work with management. I have lost faith in my IAM officers and will do what it takes to save this company, even if it means more concessions.

Most of my fellow mechanics feel the same way, at least in the PIT hanger. They understand that there are few choices for us if Bronner liquidates the company. There is a growing sentiment of support for Dave within the hanger. The IAM has failed me and my fellow brothers. It is time to sign on to this new business plan so we can fight the competitors.

Lets give Dave a chance with this new plan! The PIT mechanics are ready to work with this management team.
I can assure everyone this is not my experience. Everyone I see appears ready to end it all. They support the unions and do not believe anything that management has to say. I think this new poster is just trying to stir the pot.

--Management is just digging a deeper hole. I expect more from them than what they have been doing. How about being somewhat professional. Lead by example Dave.

It is no secret that I support Dave and his management team. Dave is right on track in making us a viable carrier. My only advice to labor would be to give his plan a chance. Listen to the plan and make your own judgments. It is imperative that the labor leaders agree to at least listen to this new business plan.

The rank and file must understand that no leader is perfect and they should focus on the positive attributes of our valiant CEO. The negativity on this board must end for us to survive in the end. Labor and Management can work together as a team to fight the competitors. An important key is that labor allows the company to modify the work rules in a manner that they are more efficient in their daily work.

This is not about whether you like Dave or his current management team. Dr. Bronner has publicly stated that we have no more than 90 days to get our house in order. The events in the next few months will have a drastic impact on the lives of every employee. I have optimism that labor will make the right choice in agreeing to this new business plan. Another consideration is that the employees will lose their severance in the event of liquidation. We must forget about the negative events in the past and move on to the future. Each employee controls his or her own future.

Pronunciation: (')ad-'hä-m&-"nem, -n&m
Function: adjective
Etymology: New Latin, literally, to the person
Date: 1598
1 : appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect
2 : marked by an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made

Do-it-

Care to shed some light on the work rules that are preventing Dave from implimenting his plan? Care to shed some light on what the plan is?

Until the details of the plan are revealed, Dave will get little to no support from anyone.

Do_it_for_Dave said:
It is no secret that I support Dave and his management team.

We have heard you before saying the same things. You are a loyal soul, but the trouble is...............

Sounds like an Aerosmith song:

Same old Song and Dance

Get yourself cooler
Lay yourself low
Coincidental murder
With nothing to show
With the judge’s constipation
Will go to his head
And his wife’s aggravation
You’ll soon end up dead

dont forget that the iam also forgot to throw in the life preservers too when they sold those of us in the expressed out cities such as pwm, abe, dtw etc etc.
But I dont think SRQ is served by any express. Last I looked it was only served by
5 mainline jets a day out of clt

For the new posters, I am not management nor am I affiliated with your company. I am a former US1 for the last 5 out 7 years; since your company reduced its service out of LGA I do not fly your company as much. I would like to offer some advice and I hope that you heed my admonitions.

The employee have no choice but to agree to any concessions. Liquidation is not a road that your company wants to venture down in the future. It is chaotic, frightening and everyone loses except the creditors. David Bronner will do what is in the best interests of the ATSB board and creditors. The employees are last in the food chain in any liquidation. You can spout the labor contracts, fragmentation protection, but that means nothing when there is not a company. My recommendation is that each employee group works with your current management structure.

In all reality labor does not have any choice but to agree to any concessions. It is easy to state that you are ready to move on outside the company. Get ready to pay those $1000 COBRA monthly payments even though you aren’t earning much more with unemployment. Your future does not look very bright if the unions do not agree to more concessions.

WOW! The topic of the potential sale of US has really rattled the woodwork. There are "friends" posting that i haven't seen or heard from in eons......since the last round of concessions! :eek:

Uinvestor;

Lets get one ything STRAIGHT. US employees DO HAVE A CHOICE.
It's called "NO" !!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you used "benifits" as your selling point. Asuming(hypothetically) that US keeps the "bennys" going, but(for what ever reason) keeps cutting an employees pay, WHEN IS ENOUGH,ENOUGH ????????

(hypothetical example)

Fleet service employee

Highest(ever) rate $22.00
1st. concession rate $18.00
2nd................. rate $13.00
3rd..................rate $8.75
4th..................rate $5.00
etc. etc. etc.

So tell me Uinvestor, "WHEN IS ENOUGH,ENOUGH ???????????????????????

Anxiously awaiting your reply.

NH/BB's

Uinvestor said:
For the new posters, I am not management nor am I affiliated with your company. I am a former US1 for the last 5 out 7 years; since your company reduced its service out of LGA I do not fly your company as much. I would like to offer some advice and I hope that you heed my admonitions.
Thanks Jack

You always appear spouting the obvious when we are yet again in dire straights. I am glad you are here, that way I can make an educated judgment as to what I must do for my personal welfare. Let me ask you something Jack. Why is it only in times like this do we have the honor to read your wisdom? Where are you hiding when the sails are not torn to pieces and the ship is not listing?

The problem here is that labor friendly Dave does not have a plan. At least one that does not amount to merely stealing from employee groups.
The proof of this is abundantly obvious, that is if he actually had a plan he could simply mail it to his employees as he recently mailed to us a do not post or be fired policy book. This would by pass Union leadership and if it made sense and was not simply (at the point of redundancy ad nauseam) stealing from employee groups already below those of legacies and low cost start ups, I’m sure all would help.
As for Bronner, if this is all the mans about, perhaps it is time to chop of the useless appendage and cauterize this festering wound for the benefit of the industry as a hole.
Besides we will all be able to fall back on the succor of our illustrious President Bush. He has the cash to give Iraq and Afghanistan 90 B a year and illegal immigrants permanent status and all the blessings of liberty surely he will come to our aide. Right?
:(

Attachments

• plan.jpeg
    plan.jpeg
    4.1 KB · Views: 136
Hey I have a deal for this airline. If Dave can do nothing but steal from employees and operate without any real plan, then they can hire me to replace him at a third of his salary.
This would be a deal for all involved. I could get a job with fantastic pay and benifits, you could be boned by a jag-off who has no intention of trying to run an airline.
The company can still lose money but save on his salary.

Yipee I'm going to rich----please pass this up to your board!

I THANK THE LORD EVERYDAY FOR WHAT I STILL HAVE AND I PRAY THAT I WILL STILL HAVE THAT TOMARROW. I COULD CARE LESS IF US FOLDS OR NOT BUT I WOULD AT LEAST LIKE TO DECIDE FOR MYSELF. STOP RUNNING TO THE PRESS DAVE AND DAVE AND TELLING THEM THE BIG BAD UNIONS WON'T TALK TO US. WE NEED TO SEE A PLAN FIRST D & D BEFORE WE SAY SHUT THE DOORS. I FOR ONE AM REALLY TIERED OF THE DOG AND PONY SHOW. SHOW US A PLAN OR IS IT SO BAD THAT YOU KNOW THE UNIONS ARE GOING TO HAND IT BACK TO YOU AND SAY TRY AGAIN. NOBODY LIKES A BULLY D & D. WE HAVE BEEN DOWN THIS ROAD BEFORE DO THIS OR WE WILL DO THIS BULL. YOU TALK ABOUT LOOKING AHEAD WHEN ALL YOU DO IS DRIVE OUR PASSENGERS AWAY. IS OR WAS YOUR PLAN ALL ALONG TO CHOP UP US AND SELL IT OFF FOR WHAT EVER YOU CAN GET. YOU HAVE TAKEN SO MUCH FROM US ALREADY YET WE STILL DO OUR VERY BEST FOR EACH OF OUR PASSENGERS DAY IN AND DAY OUT. ITS BEEN TOLD THAT YOU SAY ITS A JOB ACTION EVERY TIME SOMETHING GOES WRONG IN THE HUBS. ITS TIME YOU STOP POINTING YOUR FINGER AT THE UNIONS AND START USING THAT LUMP THATS 3 FEET ABOVE YOUR BUTT AND FLY THIS AIRLINE.

Industry Observer said:
I appreciate that Dave is keeping the employees informed on this issue. I do believe that labor will work with management. I have lost faith in my IAM officers and will do what it takes to save this company, even if it means more concessions.

Most of my fellow mechanics feel the same way, at least in the PIT hanger. They understand that there are few choices for us if Bronner liquidates the company. There is a growing sentiment of support for Dave within the hanger. The IAM has failed me and my fellow brothers. It is time to sign on to this new business plan so we can fight the competitors.

Lets give Dave a chance with this new plan! The PIT mechanics are ready to work with this management team.
i suggest you take your views and visit hangars 1-2 or 5....do you have medical coverage? 'yall tell the CLT boys the DUDE said 'hey,now'.....