Delta +7%.......means what?

swamt said:
"support the employees at AA"  Are you serious?
Does OS and the AFL-CIO/TWU/IAM support the semi-unionized employees of the New American Airlines or are they there for the money and the political leverage they have seized?

Overspeed said:
chilokie,
I believe it was wrong not to put it to a vote by the membership of whether to pursue a link up or stick with the TWU. In a straight up vote I know I would have preferred my dues be used to maintain TWU representation. I would have gladly campaigned for the TWU.

WTF !!!!!!!

What's the campaign slogan? If you don't like it, there's no fence between here and United.

Reactions: 2 people
Overspeed said:
chilokie1,
The war would be that even though the TWU may have had the numbers, the IAM still has the ability to collect cards from incumbent TWU members. The IAM could have shown there was enough IAM members plus TWU members that wanted a vote between the two. The TWU tried to do that during the US and HP merger for the ramp. That didn't go so well for the TWU. The Association was put together to avoid the union on union fight.
"the association was put together to avoid the union on union fight"
What is really meant is that the TWU and IAM would have to face off and campaign to the membership on what they will do in the future to win their vote.  Imagine that?   Putting the association together was a corporate union decision and not what is best for the memebrship.  The TWU and the IAM both would prefer to keep their empires instead of earning it the old fashion way, proving themselves worthy.

Reactions: 13 people
Chuck,
Where's the cards? Is Kilbane auditing as we post? So excited to see all the cards show up at the NMB office.

Reactions: 1 person
Obviously part of the plan was for the NMB to stall as long as they have to ensure most cards would time out.  I think we know by now the NMB was not going to allow any kind of representation change.  Look what they did to the NAAP.  They made a new rule and then applied it retro-actively to the NAAP.  This is pure corruption.

Reactions: 3 people
OldGuy@AA said:
Obviously part of the plan was for the NMB to stall as long as they have to ensure most cards would time out.  I think we know by now the NMB was not going to allow any kind of representation change.  Look what they did to the NAAP.  They made a new rule and then applied it retro-actively to the NAAP.  This is pure corruption.
OldGuy@AA said:
Well, they will have a vote , cards or not.
Anyone going online to vote has the right and the ability to type in AMFA, and they will all count.
Most votes wins.

Overspeed said:
Vortilon,
You are right. The scope clause was brought up several times and in other town halls. The DL + 7% is with major conditions. My understanding is that while the TWU scope clause gave up work from prior to BK, Isom/Wroble/Seymour want more flexibility in being able to outsource. We know that US has limited overhaul capacity in PIT and outsources more heavy overhaul type work than AA does currently. I suspect New AA wants to give us DL + 7% with outsourcing of more overhaul on the line of US volumes. US/IAM contract seems stronger on line MX work being outsourced to local hires overseas though.

How will the TWU, IAM, and it looks like the Association respond? Can GP, Pike, and Danker get us the DL + 7% without allowing more overhaul being outsourced?
If you guys go to a US scope with our pay you will still be making less and outsourcing about 15% more than Delta overall (~41% for Delta ~55% for US) 

and Delta's number is going down with them bringing in more CF6 overhauls, 330 C-checks and some work that hasn't been made public yet. 

I really hope that if your union brings that back for a vote you guys vote a big hell no to it. 

Chuck,
Where's the cards? Is Kilbane auditing as we post? So excited to see all the cards show up at the NMB office.
How did you guess!!!!!!!! He said to tell you that if you would like to see the cards in person that you could meet him at the NMB on 5/15.

Reactions: 8 people
767 mechanic said:
How did you guess!!!!!!!! He said to tell you that if you would like to see the cards in person that you could meet him at the NMB on 5/15.
Outstanding. Great to hear. Just like all the past fiascoes, it would still be smart to run an "AMFA write-in" campaign.  A little birdie told me many months ago that they had enough cards from US guys but they were going to continue to collect.  Also don't know how adding the new groups to the mechanic and related boosted the numbers that would count against the 50% plus one.  I would much rather see AMFA on the ballot as one of the choices, that would be alot easier than write-in, but none the less, CMH_GSE is correct, most votes will win so run the "AMFA write-in" campaign while still busting but on this last effort to collect the cards to get AMFA on the ballot.  This is it guys, here's all your chances up front and close, now is the time to make change if you guys really do want to change. This will more than likely be your last and final chance to replace the two worst unions in our mechanic fields of representation.  Now lets get on board and all of you need to get on the same page and run rampant with this AMFA card drive as well as an AMFA "write-in" campaign.  Good luck to you guys and I look forward to hearing some very good news come 5-15-15 as well...

Emphasis and focus right now should be one thing.
Sign a card, mail it in.
It will take all of 10 minutes to fill it out, sign it, mail it.
10 minutes, and we have a good 3 weeks, there's no excuse.

The TWu and IAM leadership brought this on with their arrogance toward the membership.
They've done zero to sell the virtues of an association to the membership , all the while there's been numerous unanswered questions.

We need one Union going forward, not two.
I would have been fine with TWU if they would have taken control in the merger like the Pilots and FAs dominant Union did.

TWU made their bed with the IAM, so now the membership needs to be heard.

CMH_GSE said:
Well, they will have a vote , cards or not.
Anyone going online to vote has the right and the ability to type in AMFA, and they will all count.
Most votes wins.
Don't bet on it.  The NMB has given the TWU everything they wanted so far.  One of the highest things on TWU's wish list is no vote and for the NMB to recognize the alliance as the bargaining agent.  They are making up the rules as they go along as it is so what is to stop them? The NMB's corruption knows no boundaries.

Reactions: 3 people