Delta +7%.......means what?

OldGuy@AA said:
Don't bet on it.  The NMB has given the TWU everything they wanted so far.  One of the highest things on TWU's wish list is no vote and for the NMB to recognize the alliance as the bargaining agent.  They are making up the rules as they go along as it is so what is to stop them? The NMB's corruption knows no boundaries.
They shouldn't bet on it. Collect the cards to ensure a vote is called by the NMB. Then the membership will have a solid choice for a single representational and transparent union...

Reactions: 3 people
There will not be a vote with the TWU/IAM association.  If an intervenor does not produce 50% plus 1 of cards as show of interest to be put on the ballot then there will not be a vote and the association takes over as the bargaining unit.  The Debate is over, if you do not want the association then sign a card and bring on the vote.

Note: as you recall, the TWU claimed that AMFA was an association, not a union.  Yet now they want us to be an association.........Really?

Reactions: 6 people
Chuck Schalk said:
There will not be a vote with the TWU/IAM association.  If an intervenor does not produce 50% plus 1 of cards as show of interest to be put on the ballot then there will not be a vote and the association takes over as the bargaining unit.  The Debate is over, if you do not want the association then sign a card and bring on the vote.

Note: as you recall, the TWU claimed that AMFA was an association, not a union.  Yet now they want us to be an association.........Really?
Chuck I have also thought the same that if there is no intervenor producing the 50% plus 1 then there will be no vote.  The NMB has stated as such.  It is only the 2 unions involved saying there will be a vote.  How many times in the past has these 2 unions lied to you guys?  It's another scam by the unions to trick or mislead the membership in order to stop the card collections for AMFA.  Why? you ask, so that nobody will sign and send in enough cards to get AMFA on the ballot, therefore there would be no vote, therefore this association BS will be blessed by the NMB if there is no intervenor with 50% plus1 to be put on the ballot as there would be no ballot.  It is their (the 2 unions TWU and IAM) last chance on keeping AMFA out or off the ballot to ensure they will prevail with this complete useless association they are so hardly fighting to keep within the airline mechanic ranks.  This is their absolutely last chance of survival to stay with the mechanics ranks within the airline industry and they know this and will do anything and everything to keep their stay, INCLUDING lying and giving misinformation and complete confusion to the membership to scare them into voting for this association BS.  Chuck I honestly hope all the members will in fact see thru this crap and sign the cards and send them in and let a true democratic vote happen to see what the membership really wants.  These 2 unions as well as AA are scared to death if AMFA gets on the ballot and they have proven this over time and time again by all their antics by all parties to keep AMFA from getting in over the years.  This is the time for you guys to make the move, get it done, sign the cards, get them in at let the membership decide.  It does not hurt the membership one iota to get AMFA on the ballot, in fact it will help the membership as it will give choices instead of being forced into this association BS or forced non-union (what a joke of a union to threaten that) it is because they are soooo desperate.  Sign the cards guys, get AMFA on the ballot.  The membership will still have to vote in order for the representation to be legal, but at least you guys will have a choice and not be forced into something that nobody wants for the rest of your careers... 

Reactions: 1 person
swamt said:
Chuck I have also thought the same that if there is no intervenor producing the 50% plus 1 then there will be no vote.  The NMB has stated as such.  It is only the 2 unions involved saying there will be a vote.  How many times in the past has these 2 unions lied to you guys?  It's another scam by the unions to trick or mislead the membership in order to stop the card collections for AMFA.  Why? you ask, so that nobody will sign and send in enough cards to get AMFA on the ballot, therefore there would be no vote, therefore this association BS will be blessed by the NMB if there is no intervenor with 50% plus1 to be put on the ballot as there would be no ballot.  It is their (the 2 unions TWU and IAM) last chance on keeping AMFA out or off the ballot to ensure they will prevail with this complete useless association they are so hardly fighting to keep within the airline mechanic ranks.  This is their absolutely last chance of survival to stay with the mechanics ranks within the airline industry and they know this and will do anything and everything to keep their stay, INCLUDING lying and giving misinformation and complete confusion to the membership to scare them into voting for this association BS.  Chuck I honestly hope all the members will in fact see thru this crap and sign the cards and send them in and let a true democratic vote happen to see what the membership really wants.  These 2 unions as well as AA are scared to death if AMFA gets on the ballot and they have proven this over time and time again by all their antics by all parties to keep AMFA from getting in over the years.  This is the time for you guys to make the move, get it done, sign the cards, get them in at let the membership decide.  It does not hurt the membership one iota to get AMFA on the ballot, in fact it will help the membership as it will give choices instead of being forced into this association BS or forced non-union (what a joke of a union to threaten that) it is because they are soooo desperate.  Sign the cards guys, get AMFA on the ballot.  The membership will still have to vote in order for the representation to be legal, but at least you guys will have a choice and not be forced into something that nobody wants for the rest of your careers... 

The bottom line is if Tulsa has had enough then they will sign cards for change.  

With all the AMT movement going on in Tulsa, there is complete apathy in regard to the situation with the association. As usual they are just worried about how THEY are being affected today...

Chuck Schalk said:
The bottom line is if Tulsa has had enough then they will sign cards for change.
Title 2 is our Achilles heal. We don't know how the guys feel at USAir especially the Ole timers. The nmb added more in our class and craft plus USAir and they new January was when cards started to drop off. They gave it 4 months past January to ensure that it would be very difficult to collect enough cards in 30 days to file. Not to be funny but the nmb has just stacked the cards against us. We are all filling out cards but I wonder if it will be enough cards by next month. I'm pushing hard as always but the same idiots just refuse to fill out cards or even care anything about union issues.

Chuck Schalk said:

Spot on pal, and to succeed we need the 3500+ on the US side to also sign. For those that find difficulty with participation of 'change', it's needs to be understood that change is all around us. Both Companies set in motion 'change' with the present evolution of the Company as we currently are experiencing it. Both POS Industrial Unions have conceded their failures of the past and have set in motion changes that will have a direct effect on the quality of our lives going forward. So what we each need ask ourselves is, "do I want to be a participant in the changes going forward or will I just accept them?"

Reactions: 2 people
1AA said:
Title 2 is our Achilles heal. We don't know how the guys feel at USAir especially the Ole timers. The nmb added more in our class and craft plus USAir and they new January was when cards started to drop off. They gave it 4 months past January to ensure that it would be very difficult to collect enough cards in 30 days to file. Not to be funny but the nmb has just stacked the cards against us. We are all filling out cards but I wonder if it will be enough cards by next month. I'm pushing hard as always but the same idiots just refuse to fill out cards or even care anything about union issues.
You are correct.  Everybody knew the cards were dropping starting in Jan.  Now, where were all the AMFA organizers come Jan 31st starting at midnight with their hands full of all of Jan signed cards in hand to get resigned?  They had 28 days in Feb to get that done.  Then repeat the same for the next 4-5 months as well as having some collecting new cards as well. Then the 30 day waiting period, now in affect, could spent on the final month of resigns and of course working with all the new groups that were added along with the new US guys that were added.  I know all this sounds easy on paper.  But I have been there I know what it takes and the work involved and hopefully there was and is now some major hustling going on right now.  I just wanna see AMFA on the ballot at AA. Several personal reasons and I really want you guys to be the final say so of who represents you guys when this is all said and done, not forced upon you guys.  If the membership pushes AMFA to the side after being on the ballot, I would respect what the membership wanted and move on, but at least get AMFA on that ballot so the membership can finally say rather they do or do not want AMFA in.  Now please tell me that all the organizers were diligently working their arses off and covering their buts this whole time we've been in this holding pattern?  DFW has been slammin in the new cards as well as picking up the resigns as well as reported by 2 different people out 2 different locations at DFW.  Tulsa-whole different crowd up there.  However with the dismantling of jobs, lay-offs, involentary relocations, moves and paycuts over the years upon years and with the future showing less and less at Tulsa, and these guys have been warned previously and are now feeling it and living it.  Pretty sure alot of them are ready to move on, if not they will get what they deserve staying with the ole 2 worst industrial unions left in the mechanics ranks in the aviation industry---yea sign me up for that.  If you can give an up date that would be great, if the organizers are keeping everything quiet pls let us know and we will abide, but for heavens sake it really has been quiet, can someone gives us a little hint on what to expect???  Good luck to all the brothers and sisters at both AA and US--whatever happens please take the time to vote, this will be one of the most important votes in the history of both of your airlines and will affect your entire future careers.  You guys should get a 100% turn out on a vote of this importance hands down...

enough already said:
With all the AMT movement going on in Tulsa, there is complete apathy in regard to the situation with the association. As usual they are just worried about how THEY are being affected today...
Maybe the time is now for Tulsa?  You never know, good luck...

swamt said:
Chuck I have also thought the same that if there is no intervenor producing the 50% plus 1 then there will be no vote.  The NMB has stated as such.  It is only the 2 unions involved saying there will be a vote.  How many times in the past has these 2 unions lied to you guys?  It's another scam by the unions to trick or mislead the membership in order to stop the card collections for AMFA.  Why? you ask, so that nobody will sign and send in enough cards to get AMFA on the ballot, therefore there would be no vote, therefore this association BS will be blessed by the NMB if there is no intervenor with 50% plus1 to be put on the ballot as there would be no ballot.  It is their (the 2 unions TWU and IAM) last chance on keeping AMFA out or off the ballot to ensure they will prevail with this complete useless association they are so hardly fighting to keep within the airline mechanic ranks.  This is their absolutely last chance of survival to stay with the mech
anics ranks within the airline industry and they know this and will do anything and everything to keep their stay, INCLUDING lying and giving misinformation and complete confusion to the membership to scare them into voting for this association BS.  Chuck I honestly hope all the
members will in fact see thru this crap and sign the cards and send them in and let a true democratic vote happen to see what the membership really wants.  These 2 unions as well as AA are scared to death if AMFA gets on the ballot and they have proven this over time and time again by all their antics by all parties to keep AMFA from getting in over the years.  This is the time for you guys to make the move, get it done, sign the cards, get them in at let the membership decide.  It does not hurt the membership one iota to get AMFA on the ballot, in fact it will help the membership as it will give choices instead of being forced into this association BS or forced non-union (what a joke of a union to threaten that) it is because they are soooo desperate.  Sign the cards guys, get AMFA on the ballot.  The membership will still have to vote in order for the representation to be legal, but at least you guys will have a choice and not be forced into something that nobody wants for the rest of your careers...

N617P said:
17.5K members eligible to vote! That's 8751 cards signed in less than 30 Days!
WON'T HAPPEN!!
Approximately 300 per day.
Slim chances in TULE.
The "and related" for the most part.. are not AMFA fans. 26% of us in TULE is a given. Maybe 30% now. Good luck

N617P said:
17.5K members eligible to vote! That's 8751 cards signed in less than 30 Days!
WON'T HAPPEN!!
Sadly we could not do it in a year. What makes anyone think it can be done in 30 days?