Delta mechanics getting raise again

WorldTraveler said:
As with any issue, if it was as big as you want us to believe it is, then people across the system would be screaming and a union would be on the property yesterday.
Unless the company keeps throwing money at the employees.
You see, money IS a motivator.

Reactions: 1 person
it apparently isn't just the TWU that fear mongers. It seems to be the norm for unions as a whole.

Kev3188 said:
People are screaming.

(Re)securing representation isn't something that just happens...
really? Every time I fly I see calm employees who do their jobs well and say they are happy with their current work environment and esp. the profit sharing they will receive.

with all due respect, you aren't seeing the same DL that I or the majority of DL's own employees see.... if what you see was reality, then we'd have no shortage of votes confirmed.

Sum total of votes scheduled ZERO.
Sum total of new unions appointed as DL employee representatives since the merger. ZERO

I can appreciate the difference of opinion you bring to the discussion. I really do.
but I can assure you that if things at DL were as dire as you paint them, then you should have no problem getting the unions you say DL employees want... and yet that just is not happening.

saying that WN employees are paid well because they are unionized but DL employees are well paid because the company is trying to keep the unions out makes absolutely no sense.

DL and WN employees make what they do because they are playing on the same side as their company who is doing very well.

unity works great at getting both sides what they want. unions in the US airline industry represent the historic contentious environment that DL employees want to stay far away from.

WorldTraveler said:
really? Every time I fly I see calm employees who do their jobs well and say they are happy with their current work environment and esp. the profit sharing they will receive.
Of course you do. We're professionals, and know to leave that at the cabin door, break room, etc.

As for people saying they're happy, what do you expect them to say? Do you honestly think they'll tell a member of the flying public anything else? C'mon.

Exactly Kev.   What he doesn't understand is even SWA has many, many unhappy employees right now.  But when asked by anyone in the GP will retain their complete professionalism and tell them just how happy they are.  Then back at the break room or discussions between planes the truth comes out between the employees privately.   This is not the same company from when I was hired.  The culture has been going down hill especially since Herb and Colleen left.  If they keep going the way they are I feel we will just be another AA or NW.  Very sad to watch but it is happening,  don't let the blinders get in your way when trying to pump the company sunshine pump at Delta.  The professionalism is so good the companies don't even realize how bad it just slowly erodes away, until it's gone.   Then when it's gone for awhile, all of a sudden they miss what they once took for granted.  And that last statements works in both directions, I am not blaming the company 100% it's more like 75/25, I do put the majority of it on the company.

bingo, swamt.

of course every company has a few disgruntled employees and apparently being the highest paid and having a union doesn't change that.....

except Kev said that DL employees ARE professional and I wouldn't doubt that for a minute.

but when I show my DL ID and walk into breakrooms or galleys, I don't get the answer that employees give to the public. I get what they think and that is what I want to hear one way or the other.

I still am not convinced there is any more of an issue regarding employee dissatisfaction that there is at any other airline and in fact there probably is alot less than there was at the time of the merger or at PMDL or PMNW in the year and a half for both carriers right after BK.

I don't believe that everyone believes in unicorns and rainbows. I am certain that most employees have their feet enough on the ground to be able to honestly appraise the world in which they live and work, esp. in light of what other airline employees experience.

I value the diverse opinions... I just don't think they are representative of the majority of DL employees.

Funny if you dont have a SIDA badge you shouldnt be allowed in secured areas.

Didnt know DL had breakrooms in Brasil

Kev3188 said:
I'm calling bullsh*t here.

But please; tell us more about the breakrooms you visit, where they are, and how you're received...
because I can still access DL facilities and talk to DL employees away from the rest of the public?

DL employees have breakrooms where ever they work, 700. DL has its own AW staff in Brazil. BTW, BW is contract not only for DL but for most int'l airlines as well as a several domestic airlines... Swissport.

... or because they talk to me and see what you don't think they say?

Does Delta give retirees IDs?

And if you dont have a SIDA badge and your are not flying non-rev, you shouldnt be in a secured areas.

Maybe someone needs to inform the TSA.

Reactions: 2 people
700UW said:
Does Delta give retirees IDs?
Retirees have company ID's, but not SIDA badges.

And if you dont have a SIDA badge and your are not flying non-rev, you shouldnt be in a secured areas.
Shouldn't be doing it, even if you are non-revving.

Security issues aside, just popping up in a break room seems awkward at best.

It also seems selfish, as that may be the only time an employee gets to relax. Having some random show up, and then having to be "on" while they pepper them with questions seems like the last thing most people would want to do...