Delta Mechanics get raise again

700 is correct, you would be a US employee, lowest paid in the industry with a 10 year top out. You will be working in PHL, BOS or probably DCA. And 3rd shift, little chance of seeing weekends off for the next several years. And you get to pay the IAM for that privledge! They are in a constant state of hire, come on over and get the training and then take those skills elsewhere where the pay is better!!!

If US hires a mechanic they are US employees, not working for a contractor that provides mechanics to a company.

And they are actually hiring.

https://usairways.gr...d6-72552fb4b2ce

Want to apply?

Go from daylight with weekends off in the gutter, to Mids with no weekends and a 10 year top out in a different gutter? No thanks, like I told your Boss "US treats their workers as bad as AA does. The last thing I want to see is the two crappiest carriers merge to form a megacarrier that drags down wages in the rest of the industry". The fact is the rest of the industry, and over the long run most of the people at these two carriers, would be better off if they both liqudated and allowed the better carriers room to expand.

Three months and they could not fill that one spot PHX? I know, they are being selective right?

Mechanic - A&P

Requisition #: 155094

Phoenix, AZ

POSITION TITLE: Mechanic - A & P

POSITION PURPOSE:
Perform inspections, troubleshoot, and repair aircraft and/or engines and all associated systems using, safe, cost effective maintenance procedures.

QUALIFICATIONS:
-A&P license required
-FCC radio License required
-Formal training on 737, 757, A320 aircraft
-At least 1 year heavy commercial jet transport aircraft experience or previous performance of the duties set forth on the job qualification checklist
-Ability to trouble-shoot and repair aircraft systems
-Must be current per FARs
-Must have own tools
-FAA drug test is required
-Valid drivers license

Wow, a whole year of experience required? Wow.

No AMTs at the moment but with a top out of over $38, vs your $33 I'd say their openings dont stay open for three months.
https://delta.greatj...00-34d5f804f922

Dont know why they dont have anything listed for NY but they do have ORD, and they even say what the pay is. What is starting pay at USAIRWAYS?
http://www.aacareers...htm?index.shtml

I have paid my last Union dues after 33 years in the business.. 27 with TWU..

There are options out there..

75 pages with 25 positions per page of A&P positions.. All over the world...

http://www.jsfirm.com/searchjobs.asp?Position=Maintenance&Type=ANY&State=ANY&Country=ANY&keyword=&Search=Search

All it takes is a decision..

700 is correct, you would be a US employee, lowest paid in the industry with a 10 year top out. You will be working in PHL, BOS or probably DCA. And 3rd shift, little chance of seeing weekends off for the next several years. And you get to pay the IAM for that privledge! They are in a constant state of hire, come on over and get the training and then take those skills elsewhere where the pay is better!!!

Sounds like AA!

The DL TechOps webpage says that DL has over 9,600 maintenance personnel. Does that count facilities management (Title II at AA) plus stock clerks/parts washers, utility, etc? Reason I ask is that when DL and NW merged, the media quoted figures that DL had just over 5,000 AMTs and DL had about 1,000 left at that point. That would be 6,000 AMTs, give or take. AA has far more than that even after the early out and the downgrade of hundreds to OSM, no?

The DL TechOps webpage says that DL has over 9,600 maintenance personnel. Does that count facilities management (Title II at AA) plus stock clerks/parts washers, utility, etc? Reason I ask is that when DL and NW merged, the media quoted figures that DL had just over 5,000 AMTs and DL (NW?) had about 1,000 left at that point. That would be 6,000 AMTs, give or take. AA has far more than that even after the early out and the downgrade of hundreds to OSM, no?

A&Ps? No, I would guess that AA has roughly 7000 A&Ps working as AMTs. Around 3300 on the line.

M&R is at around 1072 right now, thats all title I and II. Around 8500 in Tile I and 1500 in T-II. When AA filed they were at 11500. I have no idae of how many have put in to leave but have not been released yet.

When they did the roll call vote the International used the headcount from the beginning of negotiations, despite the fact that Tulsa had seen considerable reductions between 2007 and 2012 and DFW had seen a considerable increase.

In 2003 we were at around 16000 or 18000 if you want to use the number they told the NMB.

The DL TechOps webpage says that DL has over 9,600 maintenance personnel. Does that count facilities management (Title II at AA) plus stock clerks/parts washers, utility, etc? Reason I ask is that when DL and NW merged, the media quoted figures that DL had just over 5,000 AMTs and DL had about 1,000 left at that point. That would be 6,000 AMTs, give or take. AA has far more than that even after the early out and the downgrade of hundreds to OSM, no?
I presume your "about 1000 left" is supposed to apply to NW, not DL.

DL has hired DL employees in Tech Ops since the merger.

Playing "my thingy is bigger than yours" doesn't really matter if both groups are happy; I'm not sure that is at all the case.

Reactions: 3 people
I presume your "about 1000 left" is supposed to apply to NW, not DL.

DL has hired DL employees in Tech Ops since the merger.

Playing "my thingy is bigger than yours" doesn't really matter if both groups are happy; I'm not sure that is at all the case.
Stop splitting hairs with the numbers WT... ;-)