Delta TechOps expands WestJet deal

WorldTraveler said:
really? Alaska sends engine work to DL? most or all of it?

yes, of course AM is part of the mix.
original deal..... here 

AFAIK it has been extended. 

Sun County, Air Berlin and SkyMark are also CFM56 customers. 

thank you, sir.

and it goes to show that despite the passenger business related competition, AS knows full well that DL Tech Ops is the BEST choice it can make.

It isn't a surprise that DL and its employees benefit from insourced work even from DL's strongest competitors.

and it bears a reminder that DL Tech Ops profits are shared with ALL DL employees thru profit sharing.

thank goodness airlines don't listen to what you said and worry about the airline side when it comes to MROs. 

If they did what you said TechOps wouldn't have work from airlines like AS. 

Reactions: 1 person
I have no idea where you came up with that but AS clearly knows that Tech Ops is a wholly owned subsidiary of Delta Air Lines which is AS' most aggressive competitor right now.

AS chooses DL Tech Ops because it is the best choice but also knowing full well that Tech Ops profits help DL's bottom line overhaul.

perhaps they decided DL would be profitable and do what it was going to do in SEA regardless of the Tech Ops contract but it cannot be denied that some companies would not seek outsourcing services from a direct competitor.

WorldTraveler said:
I have no idea where you came up with that but AS clearly knows that Tech Ops is a wholly owned subsidiary of Delta Air Lines which is AS' most aggressive competitor right now.

AS chooses DL Tech Ops because it is the best choice but also knowing full well that Tech Ops profits help DL's bottom line overhaul.

perhaps they decided DL would be profitable and do what it was going to do in SEA regardless of the Tech Ops contract but it cannot be denied that some companies would not seek outsourcing services from a direct competitor.
You have said in the past that Delta wouldn't send work to AA because they wont give AA money. 

*even though Delta sends work to AA already* 

Reactions: 3 people
Kev3188 said:
Sidebar: I wish that ACS was as proactive in securing OAL contracts as Tech Ops is...
me too. 

but DGS does that for you.
and remember, while you are probably more junior for it and have a worse QOL.......its still good for you.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Reactions: 2 people
You have said in the past that Delta wouldn't send work to AA because they wont give AA money. 

*even though Delta sends work to AA already*
I am well aware that DL does send work to TAESL which is a joint venture partner of AA.

and DL has undoubtedly also made the calculation that the 16 active engines aren't enough to move the competitive environment.

and DL does insource passenger handling. But with all due respect, the advantages that DL can offer in ground handling are not as great as what Tech Ops can offer.

WorldTraveler said:
I am well aware that DL does send work to TAESL which is a joint venture partner of AA.

and DL has undoubtedly also made the calculation that the 16 active engines aren't enough to move the competitive environment.
lol You are just all over the place.

Is it like this for all you bean counters? come into the real world.

WorldTraveler said:
and DL does insource passenger handling. But with all due respect, the advantages that DL can offer in ground handling are not as great as what Tech Ops can offer.
lol of course.

You love you some DGS don't you WT?

Reactions: 2 people
topDawg said:
me too. 

but DGS does that for you.
and remember, while you are probably more junior for it and have a worse QOL.......its still good for you.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Yeah, all that ancillary revenue and offsetting fixed costs is just gross. :D

BTW, I was reminded today that one of the guys on my crew was three when I was hired. Oy...

Yes we know you like everything on paper but yet DL has maintained its senior workforce at the pay they are at even while creating different pay steps for new hires

WorldTraveler said:
Yes we know you like everything on paper but yet DL has maintained its senior workforce at the pay they are at even while creating different pay steps for new hires
and of course you don't 

that way people like you can come in and do whatever they want whenever they want "for the good of the company" 

shut up and be happy! 

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts