Delta TechOps/Roll Royce Announce Service Center Deal

You mean DL has 2 years plus to figure out how to resolve it all and here you are making a royal commotion because you are convinced the work you care about will all be outsourced?

How about you just sit tight and wait for the answers from above instead of launching into a childish tirade about how DL will screw you?

WorldTraveler said:
You mean DL has 2 years plus to figure out how to resolve it all and here you are making a royal commotion because you are convinced the work you care about will all be outsourced?
No. If they are going to start work on the engine shop in 2018 that means the hangar much be clear before 2018. 
So they have two years to build something, buys something, whatever to put the work in. 

My bet is they know they will have to get the staffing somewhere to fill the new engine shop, just take it from 265 and send the other work on down to Mexico, SAL and AAR. 

WorldTraveler said:
How about you just sit tight and wait for the answers from above instead of launching into a childish tirade about how DL will screw you?
I don't believe I started a tirade. You simply said its good, I said probably not

then you said something really stupid (as normal) and I had to explain why it was a stupid comment. 

and I would just like to note, a single memo could clean all this up. "Hey we aren't going to outsource any of the work, its going to go XXX" 
boom. One line. The fact they have yet to do so shows me 1) we don't have a plan 2) its leaving 3) we don't really care if your worried. 
I'm going with, man we really thought ASA would give us back the Eastern hangar...they didn't and um..... umm....... plan Bs are stupid. JMO 

Reactions: 2 people
bookmark the thread and see how right you were.

I'm betting this will be one of your phobias that turned out to be wrong.

When you have a deal saying that the work will be lost, let us know.

WorldTraveler said:
bookmark the thread and see how right you were.

I'm betting this will be one of your phobias that turned out to be wrong.

When you have a deal saying that the work will be lost, let us know.
I will be more than happy to say I'm wrong if I am. Just like i have said I was wrong about the engine shop issue. 

but just like then, lack of communication is driving fear. I am not nearly the only person on the floor who is worried about the work. 

and maybe you wouldn't have so much fear if you could accept that the plan is not going to come across your locker for approval.

And fear or no fear, you either post factual information or you wait - but you don't come out and publicly accuse the company of trying to screw you just because they haven't given you a plan and they have months at a minimum to figure it out for themselves.

It's no wonder you are so stressed because of posting on here.

WorldTraveler said:
and maybe you wouldn't have so much fear if you could accept that the plan is not going to come across your locker for approval.

Since you're not a DL employee, it sure is nice and easy for you to ridicule and belittle current DL employees. 

Reactions: 3 people
WorldTraveler said:

And fear or no fear, you either post factual information or you wait - but you don't come out and publicly accuse the company of trying to screw you just because they haven't given you a plan and they have months at a minimum to figure it out for themselves.
I have said no such thing. 

but seeing the management team you came from I truly don't expect you to understand communication. You guys sucked at it too.

Oh and for all you exNW guys (Glenn I think?) your hangar will no longer be empty. Delta is taking it over for a line hangar. I don't think they are going to use any of the back shop areas though. Not sure who is going to be staffing it (250 or 251) 
Pretty sure it can only really fit the 717. 737/320 are to tall and the 88/90 are to long to go in straight. 
(saw it in the AJC this morning. http://airport.blog.ajc.com/2015/10/26/delta-announcing-deal-with-engine-maker-rolls-royce/)

Reactions: 4 people
see. you just can't help yourself.

You want to call names and associate me with people that I had no more association with than you did.

Either DL gives away the work or it doesn't dawg.

Prove it at the appropriate time or admit that you were driven by your phobias.

how can DL be taking over the exNW hangar and be only cutting work because of expanding the engine shop?

I don't suppose you knew that little tidbit just an hour ago when you were convinced that DL was out to screw you?

WorldTraveler said:
see. you just can't help yourself.

You want to call names and associate me with people that I had no more association with than you did.

Either DL gives away the work or it doesn't dawg.

Prove it at the appropriate time or admit that you were driven by your phobias.

how can DL be taking over the exNW hangar and be only cutting work because of expanding the engine shop?

I don't suppose you knew that little tidbit just an hour ago when you were convinced that DL was out to screw you?
I knew it 6 months or so ago. Hasn't been public so I didn't post it

as I said in my edit the hangar will be for Line work and is to small to fit any of the airplanes in it done in Atlanta. On top of that its only big enough for two or three (depending on type) to be put into a tail dock. 

And we don't do 717 checks in Atlanta, they are in MSP. 737/320/757 are all to big to be tailed into the hangar. (the 320/737 would require a Hangar two style raise of the roof AFAIK. and on top of that the 739/321 are for sure to long and I think the 320/738 are also to long)

12096536_1196980433650900_2245969608048349219_n.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:
Like i said in the other thread, I call BS. 

1) my understanding is the airflow isn't there for the XWB. (possibly T1000/T7000 though) 
2) the new engine shop in Atlanta is happening. So if they took over TAESL it would be for other engines. (maybe Trent 800 depending on if they add more 777s and i could see V2500s.)
3) They are already complaining about supply chain costs for some of the vendors (yeah big shocker, you do a bunch of engines and components in house but send the airframe work either half way around the world, or even better you build an outsourcing arm in a Mexican city you don't even f'in fly too). I simply can't see Delta adding space outside of a hub at this point.  
4) if it was posted in whatever this is a week ago someone else would have picked up. Couldn't get a single hit on google. 

Having said that, for all my Dallas friends, I hope and pray its true. I would love nothing more than DL to take over the AFW base (engine shop and hangar) and give these guys a chance to get back home. Also, hopefully some of the great people we lost out there to other jobs would get a chance to come back in some capacity.