Delta TechOps/Roll Royce Announce Service Center Deal

dawg  im guessing that you folks are not going to do the work?   if so my apologizes for the congrats as I read it as though you were getting more work

robbedagain said:
dawg  im guessing that you folks are not going to do the work?   if so my apologizes for the congrats as I read it as though you were getting more work
the engine work? 

yeah it will be in-house. I personally wont because I'm not a shop guy. When i leave the hangar floor it'll be for management 

Having said that I know a few people who are going to make the jump the XWB. Working on that big of an engine will be cool if your into that kind of thing. 

robbedagain said:
yes!    good luck for mgmt position   Is the Trent the only one that powers the A350  or no
Trent XWB-84 is the A350-900 powerplant Trent XWB-97 is the A350-1000 powerplant

and yes its the only options 

thanks Rob. It will be a little bit before I make the jump. 
But i will be starting on my sigma six green belt soon and I'll probably be looking to move on once i get it done. 

Reactions: 1 person
Like so many other assets that DL has picked up, if the price is right and it meets a DL need, DL will bite

and based on this and talk about what DL might do with extra facilities in ATL, DL is clearly looking to expand its maintenance footprint... which makes it hard to believe that DL is simply expanding the engine shops at the expense of other work that is done there already.

Just like with so many other things, DL is moving in the opposite direction with its maintenance ops than other US carriers.

and after just finishing a trip that took me on multiple other carriers, DL's cabin refurbishment efforts are clearly apparent.... lots of carriers with fleets that are far newer than many of DL's types don't have cabins that look or function as well as DL's.

It could very well be that the reason why DL is expanding Tech Ops is because carriers really are recognizing that DL can deliver reliable service far better and far cheaper than other carriers can do.

Reactions: 1 person
WorldTraveler said:
and based on this and talk about what DL might do with extra facilities in ATL, DL is clearly looking to expand its maintenance footprint... which makes it hard to believe that DL is simply expanding the engine shops at the expense of other work that is done there already.
Its hard to believe cause you don't even know what your talking about. 
Please, tell the class exactly what airplane types and how many can fit inside the old southern hangar?

What happens at AFW, if(big huge if) anything happens will be engine stuff. 

I might be wrong and Delta might find space for all the work, but as of right now it doesn't look promising. 

WorldTraveler said:
Just like with so many other things, DL is moving in the opposite direction with its maintenance ops than other US carriers.
not really. Even adding the Trents, they are replacement motors. As Trents come in, PW4000s and CF6s go out. 

Airframe work is all over the place. They are doing in-house checks now with vendors. SAL is doing 320 letter checks now for example

WorldTraveler said:
and after just finishing a trip that took me on multiple other carriers, DL's cabin refurbishment efforts are clearly apparent.... lots of carriers with fleets that are far newer than many of DL's types don't have cabins that look or function as well as DL's.
the vast majority of which are done by vendors remember?  

WorldTraveler said:
It could very well be that the reason why DL is expanding Tech Ops is because carriers really are recognizing that DL can deliver reliable service far better and far cheaper than other carriers can do.
Only US carrier that doesn't do a single heavy in-house. 

Oh but that doesn't fit the narrative does it? 

Oh BTW, http://wnewsj.com/news/6669/ames-announces-new-client-eyes-200-new-jobs-at-air-park

hmmm 717s fresh out of overhaul are getting heavies already? me thinks not.