Delta TechOps signs A330 deal with Virgin Atlantic

WorldTraveler said:
dawg,
I understand that you are referring only to airframe maintenance.
clearly you don't
if you didn't you wouldn't be rambling about engines.

WorldTraveler said:
I am simply saying that the vast majority of DL's MRO revenue and work hours are for engine and component maintenance. DL Tech Ops says that.
first, AFAIK airframe is bringing in more revenue than components.(ahem thank you US DoD) 
second, again this has nothing to do with what I was saying.

WorldTraveler said:
We get that airframe MRO work is important to you and I absolutely hope that DL does pursue it as well as growing its own in-house airframe work.
what are you talking about?
Its an airframe contract. So yes, I am not talking about random stuff like you love to do. For whatever reason this is a thread about airframe work and you come in here talking about engines.

Start a thread about engines if you want.

just like AA and US maintenance you LOVE to split hairs in order to argue when it is clear that we are on the same page for the big picture.

We get the idea.

This is an airframe contract. There aren't many of them.

I'm happy for you and for Delta.

WorldTraveler said:
just like AA and US maintenance you LOVE to split hairs in order to argue when it is clear that we are on the same page for the big picture.
yes, staying on the topic clearly is silting hairs. I think you mean to say I don't just toss random  ?  into the conversation to make Delta look better.

WorldTraveler said:
This is an airframe contract. There aren't many of them.
really? why don't you tell us the magic number then?

WorldTraveler said:
I'm happy for you and for Delta.
don't have to "be happy for me"
no extra work on my end.

Reactions: 1 person
topDawg said:
yes, staying on the topic clearly is silting hairs. I think you mean to say I don't just toss random ?  into the conversation to make Delta look better.
Nor do you say random ?  just to try and appear informed and relevant to the conversation, unlike, well, never mind...

Reactions: 2 people
nor do rational people comment on stuff about which they are clearly wrong unless they want the world to know but some people have a track record of getting it wrong so many times that they would be far better off if they just rolled the dice.

meanwhile, DL got an airframe contract which isn't the norm so far... but maybe it is a sign that DL wants to broaden its reach into that market.

and dawg, lest Kev get upset, can you give us any update on the Mexico AM-DL facility and JV? I know it is a sore spot for you and if DL isn't doing any work there, perhaps it indicates your point that they have bailed on it.

did you get drug tested with your new SIDA badge, Kev?

You've clearly never been to see the Decatur docs.