DFW changes in the works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetmechjer

Advanced
Aug 8, 2004
So why is the moral so low for Eh Eh mechanics? After the raping of 2003 we continue to do our jobs professionally and even more efficiently! Waiting patiently to win together after pulling together for all these years. Eh Eh refuses to negotiate in good faith at the table while they hand out ridiculous Bone Us es to inept management that got us where we are today! Our pay lags behind inflation every year without a raise. And we take a pay cut every year with benefit cost increases to us along with higher and higher copays!!

We at DFW were recently rewarded for a miraculous summer of performance numbers. How you ask? By taking away many weekend slots and sending many more mechanics to midnights. This includes making a 5 day narrow body B check with weekends off now a 7 day B check. Right after we send the other 5 day B check to our friends in NY.

We are now getting personal electrical appliances taken away while blaming it all on OSHA rules. Only God knows if everything taken will be replaced as promised. Also home made tool boxes and file cabinets are being questioned despite the fact that we do not have enough lockers.

All this after being told that things would not change here at DFW because it is a line station and not overhaul like AFW.

So what is next? Well if we go with our warning from our friends at AFW it should be the elimination of C/S's and doubles. They are wanting to black out summer vacation for local management could we be next?? This is happening in spite of our performance getting better and better.

Well we keep hearing at the Blair Witch Project is coming to an end at DFW, and he is coming back to AFW. I've also heard that he is going to be put in charge of Stores. Sorry that you guys got stuck with him...we are just glad he is gone.

So why is the moral so low for Eh Eh mechanics? After the raping of 2003 we continue to do our jobs professionally and even more efficiently! Waiting patiently to win together after pulling together for all these years. Eh Eh refuses to negotiate in good faith at the table while they hand out ridiculous Bone Us es to inept management that got us where we are today! Our pay lags behind inflation every year without a raise. And we take a pay cut every year with benefit cost increases to us along with higher and higher copays!!

We at DFW were recently rewarded for a miraculous summer of performance numbers. How you ask? By taking away many weekend slots and sending many more mechanics to midnights. This includes making a 5 day narrow body B check with weekends off now a 7 day B check. Right after we send the other 5 day B check to our friends in NY.

We are now getting personal electrical appliances taken away while blaming it all on OSHA rules. Only God knows if everything taken will be replaced as promised. Also home made tool boxes and file cabinets are being questioned despite the fact that we do not have enough lockers.

All this after being told that things would not change here at DFW because it is a line station and not overhaul like AFW.

So what is next? Well if we go with our warning from our friends at AFW it should be the elimination of C/S's and doubles. They are wanting to black out summer vacation for local management could we be next?? It is sad that it has come to this in spite of our performance getting better and better.

The 5-dayer was made a 7 day at JFK as well.

I'm sure they will pin the elimination of doubles on some outside agency if they eliminate them.

As far as being rewarded you should have known what to expect by how they rewarded St Loius. They had the best performance in the system and look what happened to them. No good deed goes unpunished.

The question is why hasnt DFW called back or hired more workers? Instead they will try and squeeze more out of less. By the way the IBT released their Economic proposal at Continental, this should be a real morale booster.

SWA CAL (proposed) AA (Proposed)
2008= $34.97 2008=$28.24 2008=$27.20
2009= $36.02 2009=$33.87 2009=$27.20
2010= $37.10 2010=$35.92 2010=$28.02
2011= $38.21 2011=$38.08 2011=$28.86

Our 2011 proposal is $5/hr less than twice BK Continental's 2009 proposal!!!!!!!

The 5-dayer was made a 7 day at JFK as well.

I'm sure they will pin the elimination of doubles on some outside agency if they eliminate them.

As far as being rewarded you should have known what to expect by how they rewarded St Loius. They had the best performance in the system and look what happened to them. No good deed goes unpunished.

The question is why hasnt DFW called back or hired more workers? Instead they will try and squeeze more out of less. By the way the IBT released their Economic proposal at Continental, this should be a real morale booster.

SWA CAL (proposed) AA (Proposed)
2008= $34.97 2008=$28.24 2008=$27.20
2009= $36.02 2009=$33.87 2009=$27.20
2010= $37.10 2010=$35.92 2010=$28.02
2011= $38.21 2011=$38.08 2011=$28.86

Our 2011 proposal is $5/hr less than twice BK Continental's 2009 proposal!!!!!!!

DFW has recalled everyone on the street...Just about everyone of them took the recall because I wanted to get a transfer. They also have brought in a lot of transfer until the freeze. I know because I am so close to getting off the rock.

So Continental proposed that to the Teamsters, or is this just the Teamsters dream sheet?

DFW has recalled everyone on the street...Just about everyone of them took the recall because I wanted to get a transfer. They also have brought in a lot of transfer until the freeze. I know because I am so close to getting off the rock.

I've seen the transfer list.

So Continental proposed that to the Teamsters, or is this just the Teamsters dream sheet?

Well the IBT tends to look at things from a different perspective. Instead of looking for reasons why they shouldnt be the best paid they look at the reasons they should. The IBT represents UPS mechanics and they are up around the $45/ hr mark, they used to represent SWA and brought them over the $40/hr mark, they have CAL and they are looking to bring them up to industry standard, look for them to do the same with UAL. The rest of their proposal was put out months ago, they are asking for Industry leading Vacation accrual, Holidays etc as well. Thats probably the dream stuff that they barter away.They knock on the door and demand "Give me the money", we knock on the door and ask "Is there anything left for us?".

Who needs the Teamsters when we have the TWU with its mighty AFL-CIO clout! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Since the company is using OSHA for its current campaign, we can do the same.
Look at our vehicles. How many have seat belts?
Company issue kindergarten chairs must surely be bad for our backs. Company issued flourescant safety vests need to be replaced after 24 washes according to the lable on the vests.
I could go on and on.

Who needs the Teamsters when we have the TWU with its mighty AFL-CIO clout! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Since the company is using OSHA for its current campaign, we can do the same.
Look at our vehicles. How many have seat belts?
Company issue kindergarten chairs must surely be bad for our backs. Company issued flourescant safety vests need to be replaced after 24 washes according to the lable on the vests.
I could go on and on.
:rolleyes: -----Ed, I think your on to something! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back