Contracting Out Seven 757 Heavy Checks

If not for the greedy/compliant mechanics outside of 1D working double shifts this past weekend, your last outbound would not have made 63 of 63. Another missed opportunity to show our discontent.
True, but I believe it was 64?, and a maintenance issue at the gate.

True, but I believe it was 64?, and a maintenance issue at the gate.

Management controls the workload, so let them do whatever it takes to even find some MRO that can do those checks TODAY.....I'll bet they can't and even if they do, I'll bet those planes come back to TUL or Line and be dead from all the EICAS messages that won't clear. Just ask United mechanics the condition of their heavy checks when they come stateside from China. And, when they do come back the new slogan for AA will be "WE FLY AT DAWN....the day after tomorrow"

The bottom line in this whole outsource issue is where will they go, how long will it take, and how much will it cost? I'd be willing to bet we never find out the details.

The bottom line in this whole outsource issue is where will they go, how long will it take, and how much will it cost? I'd be willing to bet we never find out the details.

Arpey's secrets not to be revealed as it would just help the union position in contract negotiations. But there could always be a leak of info.

We had this at US Airways, and we took them to court won a TRO, work had to be stopped, no more planes sent, company got it lifted under appeal, was remanded to arbitration and we won.

Reactions: 1 person
We had this at US Airways, and we took them to court won a TRO, work had to be stopped, no more planes sent, company got it lifted under appeal, was remanded to arbitration and we won.

Language makes all the difference. But isn't US still farming out the 330's and 767s? Did TPA reopen?

The CBA was abrogated court, that is why they can now outsource , it use to be they could farm out all the widebodies, 757s, scribe work and the A330s. With the last CBA that was negotiated after the merger was a 50/50 split on outsourcing and the numbers are gone over every 4 months.

US tried to say they didnt have the facilities do do the A320s in hours, and we proved we did so we won the case.

Maybe we AA should do what every other airlines does. Outsource ALL it heavy maintance checks.
Just keep the line mechanics. AA then would have no excuse not to pay fed ex or ups rates.
Would that satisfy most mechanics? Just asking.
It doesn't matter what we ask for if the company is not willing to negotiate. We get 3 cents for midnight shift differential and pay the first day of sick time out of our pocket. These are just two examples of easy contract fixes that company chooses to ignore. I take it your a FA, and from what I've read and who I know, even though you took consessions, you guys are still close to the top in pay and benefits among your peers, same can be said about the pilots. The mechanics, however, are almost at the bottom of the pay scale among the legacy carriers. We need to seperate from the twu, just like you guys did in 77, and negotiate in our best interests as mechanics.

Reactions: 1 person