DFW pelted with hail

Just so I understand, how Is coming to work and fixing an airplane, bailing AA out? I understand your frustrations, but coming to work and getting paid (althought less then others), bailing out them out?

Are you bailing the company out when you change an engine?

Help me understand.

Reactions: 3 people
Were they told to go, or did they volunteer? Did they earn extra pay or was it part of normal wages?

Reactions: 1 person
Doesn't sound like it hit the airport. Were any aircraft actually damaged?

Doesn't sound like it hit the airport. Were any aircraft actually damaged?
On Flyertalk this morning, someone claiming to be a daily commuter DFW-IAH-DFW was stuck in Houston overnight because the DFW-IAH flight that was to turn around and become his IAH-DFW flight home was delayed, first by MX and then was damaged by hail, causing the DFW-IAH flight to cancel. He's mad that AA wouldn't refund today's DFW-IAH flight (that he missed since he was still in Houston) but AA would only issue a voucher instead. So sounds like at least one plane may have been damaged.

Ok Ragallo, I was trying to get some information before I shot from the hip, but it seems I have to lower myself to your level to make this statement. Nobody bailed AA out. There was field trip pay involved and everyone did it to put much needed extra cash in their pockets. Nobody did it to bail AA out.

There was field trip pay involved and everyone did it to put much needed extra cash in their pockets. Nobody did it to bail AA out.

Someone was going to do it. Might as well be a senior guy so that it cost AA more money, right?...

Someone was going to do it. Might as well be a senior guy so that it cost AA more money, right?...

My point was more along the lines that someone did it for the money. Senior or junior not really the issue. The OP made it sound like they were doing AA a favor by coming to work.

My point was more along the lines that someone did it for the money. Senior or junior not really the issue. The OP made it sound like they were doing AA a favor by coming to work.
As you know, the unspoken implication is that AA would suddenly offer raises and retro pay to the M&R workforce if everyone held strong and refused overtime or field trips (to the extent they're able to refuse those). Nonsense like that was spouted a few weeks ago as well by a majority of the posters.

Not fixing hail-damaged planes just means they'll be out of service longer, further harming AA's revenue. AA isn't going to crack open its magic pot of gold to raise everyone's pay in bankruptcy no matter what kind of job action the mechanics undertake.

Those who don't want to fix planes in exchange for the paycheck have had six months now to get their resume in order and find alternate work (that probably pays better).

I don't think this last storm hit the airport and damaged any planes. Right after the storm passed, the airport opened and AA's planes took to the air.

Eric

When the NEO hits in about 30 minutes then, yes then, the company will come crawling.

http://events.slooh.com/

Latest posts