Did US Airways order the 787?

EyeInTheSky

Veteran
Dec 2, 2003
Pittsburgh
http://www.atwonline.com/news/story.html?storyID=8656

Intrigue over 787 customer, potential US interest
Friday April 20, 2007
The mystery surrounding the identity of the purchaser of the 30 787s placed on Boeing's website last week has deepened.

The Seattle Post-Intelligencer reported this week that a Boeing source indicated the order was from a non-US customer. However, other sources at Boeing told ATWOnline that may not be the case (ATWOnline, April 16).

This website also has learned that the 30 aircraft are the smaller 787-8s and that US Airways, assumed to be an eventual A350 customer, still may be in the market for the 787.

Meanwhile, the industry is expecting GECAS to come aboard the 787 program, and Lufthansa and British Airways are understood to be more interested in the higher capacity of the 787-9 or A350-800. Sales of the 787 now sit at 567, with industry observers suggesting orders will approach the 700 mark by rollout on July 8.

by Geoffrey Thomas

If management actually ordered the 787 (which is the RIGHT decision) I will never #### about having to sit HOT/OPR again! But since management only seems to make bad decisions I am sure I can continue to be the most negative person in that room....

one thing is clear, DoUgIe (such a disgusting, opportunistic fool!) is intent on merging once the marketplace "better" accomodates that sort of transaction. wouldn't usair be a more attractive merger partner if it had (or had orders) for the 787? particularly since the legacies are seemingly all (rightfully) poised for the dreamliner? in this single instance, i could see DoUgIe overlooking the cheap on the front end. he is outwardly compulsive (compulsive behavior, incidentally, is a cognitive trait of most alcoholics and addicts) about being a part of any future m&a activity...
thoughts?

one thing is clear, DoUgIe (such a disgusting, opportunistic fool!) is intent on merging once the marketplace "better" accomodates that sort of transaction. wouldn't usair be a more attractive merger partner if it had (or had orders) for the 787? particularly since the legacies are seemingly all (rightfully) poised for the dreamliner? in this single instance, i could see DoUgIe overlooking the cheap on the front end. he is outwardly compulsive (compulsive behavior, incidentally, is a cognitive trait of most alcoholics and addicts) about being a part of any future m&a activity...
thoughts?
You know if DoUgIe ordered the 787, he would transfer the Engines that are on the A321 over to it, so what the fuss!

The B-787 makes the most sense compared to the AB-350.
So that being the case , lcc management will go with the AB-350.