Hush Hush Order

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
Boeing sells 30 more 787s
Monday April 16, 2007

Boeing enjoyed another bumper week for 787 orders last week with 30 more booked, taking the number sold this year to 96.

Of those, 67 are for unidentified customers, including the 30 recorded last week. Firm orders now stand at 544, with a further 23 pending for a total of 567. ATWOnline understands that the 30 are for one customer, as are the 15 ordered mid-March (ATWOnline, March 19). Companies linked to the latest order are American Airlines and leasing giants GECAS and ILFC.

Boeing has sold another five 777s, also to unidentified customers, taking sales of that type to 45 for the year. All told the manufacturer has sold, net of cancellations, 220 aircraft this year.

Separately ATWOnline understands that US Airways has opted to stay with the A350 rather than swapping to the 787 and will buy more A330s to plug the capacity gap.

by Geoffrey Thomas

My guess is AA will announce it on the 18th. Divert attention away from the management bonuses.

My guess is AA will announce it on the 18th. Divert attention away from the management bonuses.

There is no need for them to divert attention away from their jackpot payouts!
Just ask any of them! THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH TAKING BONUSES BECAUSE THEIR PEERS AT OTHER CORPORATIONS ARE GETTING MORE.

Did I mention to you that I am getting a $.43 an hour raise in May?

Well this just put the final exclamation point on the next TWU contract. My bet is as soon as the company settles with the pilots the orders will be announced. That leaves nothing for the TWU and it's members. Glad to see AA buying more aircraft. We need them. The TWU is always there to help out.

I doubt that any of these orders are for AA. DL has been buying new Boeing widebodies and is getting ready to exit Ch 11; these orders might be for DL.

CO recently increased its 787 orders - these could be further orders for CO.

NW bought a few 787s and is now preparing to exit Ch 11 - maybe NW is increasing its orders.

I doubt that any of these orders are for AA. DL has been buying new Boeing widebodies and is getting ready to exit Ch 11; these orders might be for DL.

NW bought a few 787s and is now preparing to exit Ch 11 - maybe NW is increasing its orders.
<_< ---- Yea! And the moon maybe made of blue cheese too!----- ;)

Or, it may not be CO or DL or NW or any US-based legacy carrier. It could be SW or Ryanair ordering their new trans-Atlantic fleet.

I believe you might be onto something.

When you go BK the first order of business is to get a new paint job, then buy new planes when it’s time to exit BK.

AA will be flying the same old junk with no new paint job and no parts to fix them until they screw the work force one more time using the BK airline against us.

<_< ---- Yea! And the moon maybe made of blue cheese too!----- ;)

I've met some people who think the astronauts didn't actually go to the moon - to them, the moon is in fact made of cheese. :p

FrugalFlyerv2.0 makes a good point - they could belong to anyone. BA, perhaps?

In all seriousness, there's no rush for AA to announce orders. A few weeks ago, when Arpey announced a speed-up in the 738 deliveries, he reminded everyone that AA's purchase rights permit it to get even new models without significant delay. The 787 line may be sold out for some, but not for AA. Since that tidbit, lotsa rumours about an impending 787 order from AA.

eolesen has previously posted that the purchase rights enable AA to get new widebodies with as little as 18 months notice to Boeing.

Arpey previously said that AA is interested in the longer-range 787-9, not the 787-8. Since the 787-9 isn't expected to enter service until late 2010, there's no need for AA to announce orders until about 18 months prior to the start of delivery. Accordingly, look for an announcement by AA in mid-2008 or so. B)

Did I mention to you that I am getting a $.43 an hour raise in May?
Oh NO! That's it, they are selling away the farm, unbelievable. There goes everybody's pension. Time to Cash out our stocks and Bonds! There goes up the Air Fare! :lol:

Seriously now, Congrats! :up:

From my understanding of bankruptcy law, NW and DL cannot place orders for new aircraft until their exit from bankruptcy protection. They can modify existing orders, i.e. DL changing from delivery of 777-200ER's to 777-200LR's. Unless there are un-exercised options on the books, these birds are very unlikely getting Red Tails or Widgets.

Oh NO! That's it, they are selling away the farm, unbelievable. There goes everybody's pension. Time to Cash out our stocks and Bonds! There goes up the Air Fare! :lol:

Seriously now, Congrats! :up:

Seriously, Congrats to the greedy bastards at the top and the greedy moronic TWU union leadership for padding their own pockets.

Seriously, Congrats to the greedy bastards at the top and the greedy moronic TWU union leadership for padding their own pockets.

Biggest mistke the greedy bastard management did with respect to the PUP/PSP plan was in not simply issuing an additional 10 million options to the 864 select few back in April, 2003 with the same $5 strike price. Doing that back in 2003 wouldn't have made the news. You guys thought the company would file Ch 11 anyway - so you wouldn't have cared if the execs had granted themselves options for a billion shares.

Had they done so, the value of those 10 million options would be the same $260 million that the PUP/PSP payouts total for 2006-07. And you guys would be none the wiser. The unionized workers would still have a total of $930 million in option gain and the greedy bastard management would have the same $260 million they've gotten last year plus this year.

Biggest mistke the greedy bastard management did with respect to the PUP/PSP plan was in not simply issuing an additional 10 million options to the 864 select few back in April, 2003 with the same $5 strike price. Doing that back in 2003 wouldn't have made the news. You guys thought the company would file Ch 11 anyway - so you wouldn't have cared if the execs had granted themselves options for a billion shares.

Had they done so, the value of those 10 million options would be the same $260 million that the PUP/PSP payouts total for 2006-07. And you guys would be none the wiser. The unionized workers would still have a total of $930 million in option gain and the greedy bastard management would have the same $260 million they've gotten last year plus this year.

Try not to compare $260 million for the Fortunate 824 execs with $930 million for the remaining 80,000 employees.

Like I said, before the concessions, I rarely ever heard anyone complain as much as is going on now. We all sacrificed as we still are doing, but the executives have gotten back all they lost and then some. HAVE YOU?

Since AA and Boeing made the cozy deal for all future planes in 1996 don't you think AA got decent slots reserved for it in the line of 787. As sure as the Archbishop of Canterbury is head of the Church of England. AA will get its 787-9 as early as the check wants to clear, 500 sold or not. The only exception may be the Japanesse airline ANA which is the launch customer.

Latest posts