Hush Hush Order

ATWOnline understands that the 30 are for one customer, as are the 15 ordered mid-March (ATWOnline, March 19). Companies linked to the latest order are American Airlines and leasing giants GECAS and ILFC.

It was clarified yesterday that these 30 aircraft are for a non-US customer, so that pretty much kills off all the speculation above...

It was clarified yesterday that these 30 aircraft are for a non-US customer, so that pretty much kills off all the speculation above...

You are forgetting one thing. American Airlines has applied to be the 787 GOLD CARE PROVIDER for that aircraft. It would be to their advantage that they fly the aircraft that they would ultimately be providing Maintenance and Engineering services to world wide operators,

<_< ---- Did you pick up in todays paper? Boeing announced the sale of 30 787's to a buyer that requested to be anonymous!---- Humm! ;) Do you think?

So if true.... they have money for new planes but not to bring laid off people back to work. How sad.

Yep, it's an old story, and Air Transport World reported last week that sources within Boeing confirmed that the mystery buyer is a non-US airline.

Yep, it's an old story, and Air Transport World reported last week that sources within Boeing confirmed that the mystery buyer is a non-US airline.
They posted a "clarification" on Friday:
The Seattle Post-Intelligencer reported this week that a Boeing source indicated the order was from a non-US customer. However, other sources at Boeing told ATWOnline that may not be the case...

ATW Daily News - Intrigue over 787 customer, potential US interest

AMR won't place an order without a pilot contract. Everyone learned that lesson well from DL, who ordered the B777 before they had book rates with ALPA. Essentially, the aircraft were grounded on delivery because ALPA was refusing to fly it without a side letter. DL eventually caved, and signed yet another check that would eventually bounce.

AMR might be dumb when it comes to the perception of executive compensation, but they ain't stupid...

AMR won't place an order without a pilot contract. Everyone learned that lesson well from DL, who ordered the B777 before they had book rates with ALPA. Essentially, the aircraft were grounded on delivery because ALPA was refusing to fly it without a side letter. DL eventually caved, and signed yet another check that would eventually bounce.

AMR might be dumb when it comes to the perception of executive compensation, but they ain't stupid...

That may also be why the buyer is "Undisclosed".

A good explanation for NOT being dislcosed, is to get orders in the production line, but at the same time keep that info from bargaining groups.

Of course we all know that the "working together" process has "opened the books" to the Union's and thus surely AMR is not involved in this order...... B)

That may also be why the buyer is "Undisclosed".

A good explanation for NOT being dislcosed, is to get orders in the production line, but at the same time keep that info from bargaining groups.

Of course we all know that the "working together" process has "opened the books" to the Union's and thus surely AMR is not involved in this order...... B)

In late 1996, AA announced its biggest fleet improvement/expansion order ever, contingent on APA member approval of the TA. Of course, it failed to pass and AA had to cool its heels for several months before finally making the premature order official.

I really doubt that AA would place orders for the 787 and tell Boeing to keep them hush hush until it works out a pilot TA. But stranger things have happened.

In late 1996, AA announced its biggest fleet improvement/expansion order ever, contingent on APA member approval of the TA. Of course, it failed to pass and AA had to cool its heels for several months before finally making the premature order official.

I really doubt that AA would place orders for the 787 and tell Boeing to keep them hush hush until it works out a pilot TA. But stranger things have happened.

Why does it always appear to me that FWAAA and eolesen are the same person? It must be something gone haywire in my brain. But there are many signs that point to the possibility!

Why does it always appear to me that FWAAA and eolesen are the same person? It must be something gone haywire in my brain. But there are many signs that point to the possibility!

My wife has long accused me of having split personalities...

Latest posts