Dirty Aircraft

usjacket

Senior
Aug 30, 2002
I flew recently for the 1st time in months, I could not believe how dirty the 737 was. Carpet dirty and tray tables looked like they have not been wiped down in weeks. Maybe the ffocus or whatever group of the month will check this out...

Was told last night by somoene working for the vendor in CLT who does the cleaning that they only clean 12 planes that overnight, anything more just gets a thru flight cleaning. And CLT averages 15 to 25 RONs per night.

So the plane does not get a proper cleaning, wonder how many places this is happening?

people don't care about cleanliness, the ticket prices is all that matters, when's the last time you had a close up view of southwest? some of the filthest a/c ive ever seen yet they seem to pack'em like sardines!

local 12 proud said:
people don't care about cleanliness, the ticket prices is all that matters, when's the last time you had a close up view of southwest? some of the filthest a/c ive ever seen yet they seem to pack'em like sardines!
[post="280848"][/post]​
Bullsh*t. Give an example instead of just bashing WN for the hell of it. EVERY plane is cleaned everynight. Some stations have APPEARANCE TECHS clean the aircraft some stations have contract cleaners clean, and some have rampers do it. In any station those planes leave cleaned and ready to go.

You are right I have flown them there pig pens, its all in the price

luvthe9 said:

You are right I have flown them there pig pens, its all in the price
[post="280854"][/post]​

Yea, judging from your posts your a credible source. After all "We are the cancer of the Industry". <_<

Maybe our new vendors just can't get to all the aircraft.......PHL "vendors" are wearing ankle bracelets......Last time I checked, most people with one of those had a curfew. Maybe we should call Martha and ask her if that's a good thing??

local 12 proud said:
[post="280848"][/post]​

You really should take a look at an early morning originating Southwest 737. Not a museum piece but very clean and tidy. By the time the airplane has flown it's 10th leg of the day with no more than 25 minutes on the ground between hops (and less than 3 minutes between passengers deplaning and the next group coming aboard) you can understand how efficient use of assets and spit-shine appearance are competing goals. Apparently SWA's found a balance that is acceptable to the majority of travelers.

(With no First Class attitudes and egos to suck up to customer complaints are virtually nil!)

you know,
you blame it on contractors, cuts and about everything else,

but i tell you even before all this...the planes were not all that clean...

1st hand i can tell ya..this was 3rd shift....(no particular order)

1. get those snacks and first class meals...

2. many mornins, whole shift found sleeping either on planes in terminal. or the jetways..

3. how much can we pilfor tonite....garbage bags full being loaded into vehicles in parking lot...i new some utes who never had to buy soda, tp, or anything else that US could provide free of charge...

and to think, full pension, 40k plus ot...

:up:

:p
wnbubbleboy said:
Bullsh*t. Give an example instead of just bashing WN for the hell of it. EVERY plane is cleaned everynight. Some stations have APPEARANCE TECHS clean the aircraft some stations have contract cleaners clean, and some have rampers do it. In any station those planes leave cleaned and ready to go.
[post="280853"][/post]​
:p Ok I dont believe that I am going to stick up for WN, But they are ahead of most LLC and US planes. Now am I not saying that all WM equipment is the cleanest, no, but they have one thing that US dosnt have --- PRIDE---- poor attitudes have let all of you down. Dirty planes poor customer service rude employees lets turn this crap around and fly with HP pride

OH I forgot fat drunk and stupid worked for all of the U management

local 12 proud said:
[post="280848"][/post]​

That's most ridiculous comment I've seen on these boards for a while. WN exterior paint is in good shape (can't be said for US) and the interiors are in way better shape and kept much cleaner than US, from my sample set (not huge for either, admittedly -- a few times a year on each).

As for "pack'em in like sardines" -- I'd much rather fly WN with decent leg room and only 70%is load factors, rather than any of the US legacy carriers cramming them in in coach at near 90% load factors. I'd probably even choose having the mpty seat next to me over the extra leg room in United's Eplus, but every seat taken.

SVQLBA said:
As for "pack'em in like sardines" -- I'd much rather fly WN with decent leg room and only 70%is load factors, rather than any of the US legacy carriers cramming them in in coach at near 90% load factors.
[post="281144"][/post]​

WN does not have decent leg room. WN has the worst seat and knee space of any carrier in the U.S.

Go compare a US A319 seat to one of the WN seats. It's a huge difference between the two, with the A319 giving more leg space and far less discomfort for tall people especially.

The only good seat on the WN 737's is the exit or bulkhead rows.

SVQLBA said:
That's most ridiculous comment I've seen on these boards for a while. WN exterior paint is in good shape (can't be said for US) and the interiors are in way better shape and kept much cleaner than US, from my sample set (not huge for either, admittedly -- a few times a year on each).

As for "pack'em in like sardines" -- I'd much rather fly WN with decent leg room and only 70%is load factors, rather than any of the US legacy carriers cramming them in in coach at near 90% load factors. I'd probably even choose having the mpty seat next to me over the extra leg room in United's Eplus, but every seat taken.
[post="281144"][/post]​
oh really? do you work the line? a few times a year and you draw your conclusion? well for all those experts like piney bob, corl737, and of course lets not leave out wnbubbleboy i see those planes daily up close they are filthy to say the least, its also a known fact among mechanics and pilots of the notorious napkin write ups which seek to prevent logbook delays. people are willing to wallow in crap as long as they get a bargain, its proven day after day! :eek:

RowUnderDCA said:
El Gato... I disagree regarding pitch on WN.
[post="281237"][/post]​

RowUnderDCA, I was on WN just last week. Knee area was cramped to begin with, but when johnny hayseed in the seat in front of me decided to lean back it became even worse. I pushed his seat back up for him and told him not to do it again.

WN's seats are kneecap crushers, plain and simple. At least on the A319 you get about two more inches of room, which goes miles towards comfort.

Latest posts