Disater In Phl

hack73

Advanced
Jan 17, 2003
www.usaviation.com
In PHL this morning,they don't have any bag carts to unload the planes,all carts are full due to the misconnect bags from yesdterday.Management is trying to get utolity and mechanics to unload planes,they are refusing!A flight to RDU this morning was cancelled due crew shortage,the flight was overbooked.If this isn't the end,I don't know what is.Just realize at 8 A.M. there is not enough equipment or personnel to work the flights.I wonder if the genuises from CCY even showed up today to see the problems,probably off until next week.
One thing is for sure,they can't count on PIT to bail them out,maybe they can truck all the bags to CLT.
Happy Holidays to all U employees,and good luck to us all,we are going to need it.

How does Al Crellin survive with fiasco after fiasco?

Good union members don't do another contracts work, good for the Mechanics and Utility not taking Fleet Service work!

On the local news in PHL yesterday we watched a "Usairways spokesman" ( no one had ever seen this guy before) stand in front of the ticket counter and announce that the staffing levels were fine and that everything was running smooth. At the time, we were eight cews (24 people) short on the ramp.

Yesterday (12/23) was a day like I have not seen in a long time. After I take the buyout I think it would be worth it to ride out to the airport and watch the new hires (7.00 hr) and the kiosks handle the next "big one"

Please say it was the Iraqi Information Minister :up:

Happy Happy! Merry Merry!

crushed said:
On the local news in PHL yesterday we watched a "Usairways spokesman" ( no one had ever seen this guy before) stand in front of the ticket counter and announce that the staffing levels were fine and that everything was running smooth. At the time, we were eight cews (24 people) short on the ramp.
[post="231150"][/post]​

Where is the, ugh, ugh, oh what is he called " Vice President of Employee Relations". Maybe he can fix this inconvience.

Our noon news in CLT just said "USAIRWAYS hub in PHL taking extensive delays. One plane had to set on the tarmac 3 hours." This is reaching the local news here. How can uncle Al still be here ?
Anyone from fleet service in PHL please keep this updated. Thanks in advance....

During the last PHL bag fiasco, I was trying to commute home. I went to the wrong gate to inquire about the next flight home. I saw a Captain sitting there and went to ask him if I could jumpseat home. He replied yes and we chatted a few minutes. He was not flying the flight I was trying to get on. He was ferrying a 767 to CLT from PHL with BAGS that needed to go to CLT.

And management wants to reduce costs?????

Boomer

IAM is making a stand. Hope they like that.They refuse to be lied and
cheated out of 20 25 30 35 yrs of work while the fat boys get richer.

You guys aren't kidding. I am working a trip and I had to go to PHL last night to pick up the slack... and still never did what I was origionally supposed to. Unfortunatly for me I have to go back through there today. I really feel badly for all the customers who have to experience this... But hey.. Guess they don't read the papers or realize that everybody wants to have some kind of holiday... employees too. Hope everyones holiday is well. Today is not going to be pretty.

28yrsnojob said:
IAM is making a stand. Hope they like that.They refuse to be lied and
cheated out of 20 25 30 35 yrs of work while the fat boys get richer.
[post="231192"][/post]​

The fat boys are going to get richer anyway. All the Philly debacle will do is further alienate whatever customers we might have and hasten the demise of U.

For all the immature, vindictive and irresponsible workers that are the root of the PHL problems, may Santa bring you an extra large lump of coal this year. For you truly deserve it.

For those workers that have reported on schedule in the face of all that's before you, God Bless YOU and Merry Christmas.