Disater In Phl

"Good union members don't do another contracts work, good for the Mechanics and Utility not taking Fleet Service work! " This crap is exactly what SW is waiting for----I never had a union stamp on my paycheck yet----What Gangsters !

coachrowsey said:
You must be management, untill you have worked under the conditions we have &been treated the way we have you can't iminage. I think what goes around must come back around.
[post="231202"][/post]​

Oh, it's coming back around. And with any luck it will smack the IAM right between the eyes.

N924PS said:
For all the immature, vindictive and irresponsible workers that are the root of the PHL problems, may Santa bring you an extra large lump of coal this year. For you truly deserve it.
[post="231197"][/post]​

For every action there's a reaction ... could it be the very workers you chastise are merely reacting to management's actions?

Rather than place the blame where it belongs you find it easier to blame the employees. Here's a novel idea why not blame management after all arent they the ones that are in control of the situation?

If these employees were treated like human beings and not like dogs maybe things in Philly wouldnt be as bad as they are.

Back in 90 or 91 in KPHL on XAS eve--whatever the date was---back when the other set of gangsters and thugs -- aka -- Teamsters were on the property-- the mechanics were great enough to load our -300 up and off we went home for XAS---These are paying customers we are $crewing over here folks not the bosses in DCA. Shame on us. my .02$

tug_slug said:
For every action there's a reaction ... could it be the very workers you chastise are merely reacting to management's actions?

Rather than place the blame where it belongs you find it easier to blame the employees. Here's a novel idea why not blame management after all arent they the ones that are in control of the situation?

If these employees were treated like human beings and not like dogs maybe things in Philly wouldnt be as bad as they are.
[post="231207"][/post]​

The blame belongs on both sides. And as far as I know, employees in other stations/hubs are still doing the job. Not in Philly, why? Because it's Philly and for some reason management has been afraid to take those responsible to task for their actions. Both labor and management share complicity for the state of the PHL station. And of course, Al Crellin, because it always has and continues to happen on his watch.

Why don't you stop playing the blame game, strap on your kneepads and move some bags today. Get the customers and their luggage to Grandma's house on time having had a pleasant Holiday travel experience on USAirways.

Precisely why many of us have told everyone for months not to even THINK of ever booking USAirways or any codeshare again.

Book away, and we avoid the future hassles and frantic phone calls from abused passengers!

Advise them to look at the line of frantic ,frustrated, stranded passengers at the USAIR counter on their way to their ticketed carrier's almost on-time flight, and remember that scenario.

They do.

N924PS said:
The blame belongs on both sides. And as far as I know, employees in other stations/hubs are still doing the job. Not in Philly, why? Because it's Philly and for some reason management has been afraid to take those responsible to task for their actions. Both labor and management share complicity for the state of the PHL station. And of course, Al Crellin, because it always has and continues to happen on his watch.

Why don't you stop playing the blame game, strap on your kneepads and move some bags today. Get the customers and their luggage to Grandma's house on time having had a pleasant Holiday travel experience on USAirways.
[post="231211"][/post]​

Am off today & they coudnt pay me any amount of money to go in...

N924PS said:

[post="231211"][/post]​
Hey 924,, Is your back broke ? Why don't YOU strap on some kneepads and toss a few bags.......Merry Christmas..

Good union members don't do another contracts work, good for the Mechanics and Utility not taking Fleet Service work!
And you wonder why they want to rid themselves of a separate classification for utility work...

When at Southwest other work classifications help one another (yes I have seen piltos throw bags and clean cabins), while at US Airways you instead applaude the not "taking someones work"...

Seems to me like your excuses 700UW for keeping things the way they are, no longer hold even the supposed high ground.

Time for an overhaul in organization and thinking

Hey Rico,

Since we are running short on crews, why don't you let Jerry Glass call up Johnny O and have his crews fly any mainline or express planes since there seems to be a shortage of mainline crews.

Go get in the lav truck and go dump a few planes in between flights.

WN has a Aircraft Apperance Techs at their "hubs", as does UAL and NW.

Keep trying.

insp89 said:
Hey 924,, Is your back broke ? Why don't YOU strap on some kneepads and toss a few bags.......Merry Christmas..
[post="231220"][/post]​

I've already done my part for 2004. Cleaned some cabins, pushed a few wheelchairs, brought up a few strollers, checked on some live animals for concerned customers.

Whatever it takes. Merry Christmas to you as well.

link

ATCSCC ADVZY 053 PHL/ZNY 12/24/04 PHL GROUND STOP (USAIRWAYS ONLY)
DESTINATION AIRPORT: PHL
FACILITIES INCLUDED: ZNY/ZDC/ZOB/ZJX/ZTL/ZID/ZAU/ZMP/ZBW/CZY
EXPECT UPDATE: 0030Z
REASON: LACK OF GATE SPACE
PROBABILITY OF EXTENSION: HIGH
REMARKS: USAIRWAYS ONLY
242329-250059
04/12/24 23:31

I've seen IAM start to work on the overnighters at my airport. I've driven by approximately 45 minutes after a flight has arrived to find a couple of bags in the vehicle lane. I asked the mechanic in the area how long they have been there, and why couldn't someone take them into the claim area for the passengers who are probably waiting for them. He replied that he didn't do another's job and that he didn't want the ramp personnel to file a greivance. Tha's why you will go out of business. :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

N924PS said:
The fat boys are going to get richer anyway. All the Philly debacle will do is further alienate whatever customers we might have and hasten the demise of U.

For all the immature, vindictive and irresponsible workers that are the root of the PHL problems, may Santa bring you an extra large lump of coal this year. For you truly deserve it.

For those workers that have reported on schedule in the face of all that's before you, God Bless YOU and Merry Christmas.
[post="231197"][/post]​
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh Miss PSA, UR soo pathetic.. You'll do anything to stay a stewardess wont u!! How degrading to the others who know the truth!! U have a happy holiday!!!

I know for about the past week we've (MDA) been getting carts and carts of misconnect bags from mainline. If we don't have a flight on our gate we've been having to help out in the bag room to get things sorted out. They could probably find tons of extra carts down in F-con since they've been dropping them off for the past week.