Disater In Phl

markkus757 said:
I've seen IAM start to work on the overnighters at my airport. I've driven by approximately 45 minutes after a flight has arrived to find a couple of bags in the vehicle lane. I asked the mechanic in the area how long they have been there, and why couldn't someone take them into the claim area for the passengers who are probably waiting for them. He replied that he didn't do another's job and that he didn't want the ramp personnel to file a greivance. Tha's why you will go out of business. :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:
[post="231314"][/post]​

Where is the manager that is supposed to "manage" such things????

Show me a company with labor problems and I'll show you a company with a bunch of losers as managers.

A 0545 look at First Flights out of PHL for December 25th:

PBI: CNX
FLL: CNX
BOS: CNX
SJU: CNX
JAX: CNX
DFW: CNX

SFO: On Time
CLT: On Time
LAX: On Time
ROC: On Time (express)
MIA: On Time
DCA: On TIme ( express)
IAH: On TIme (MAA)
MCI: On TIme (MAA)
DEN: On Time
SEA: On Time
SAN: On Time
PIT: On Time (one minute late)
LGA: On Time (express)
TPA: 90 minutes late

At least the WX is going to be good----->KPHL 251054Z 36009KT 10SM CLR M05/M13 A3026 RMK AO2 SLP245 T10501128

KPHL 251120Z 251212 34006KT P6SM SCT200
FM1900 01005KT P6SM SCT200
FM0500 03003KT P6SM BKN200
FM0900 03006KT P6SM BKN080

Anyone attempting to Non-Rev today unless ABSOLUTELY necessary for whatever reason...ought to be committed and have their head examined. My sanity is far more valuable to me than my desire to twirl about the system. It's not gonna be pretty out there kids! Just stay home..and have a few cocktails....Ho Ho Ho.

Winglet said:
Where is the manager that is supposed to "manage" such things????

Show me a company with labor problems and I'll show you a company with a bunch of losers as managers.
[post="231349"][/post]​

So these folks need some level of supervision to tell them that a bag sitting on the ground 45 minutes after a flight just might have a paying passenger waiting for it, and it just might be the right thing to do to spend the 60 seconds it takes to actually move that bag forward towards the paying passenger.

I've had pilots, FA's, and mechanics here in PIT step up and do what was needed to get paying customers where they needed to be and happy.

Feds are going to investigate US Airways about yesterday.

Feds to Talk to US Airways

“We are obviously concerned about the situation, and we will be interested in learing more from the airline about how the passengers and their luggage came to be stranded,â€￾ Transportation Department spokesman Robert Johnson said Saturday. He said Transportation Secretary Norman Y. Mineta had directed the officials to talk to the airline.

And to all your union bashers:

Broadcast reports, citing anonymous sources, said large numbers of US Airways baggage handlers called in sick Friday, but Kudwa said she was not aware of a larger-than-normal rate of absenteeism. A spokesman for the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, which represents US Airways baggage handlers, said late Friday that the union had not organized a job action at the airport and that he was not aware of anything unusual there.

Kudos to the company for that statement.

“We are obviously concerned about the situation, and we will be interested in learing more from the airline about how the passengers and their luggage came to be stranded,â€￾ Transportation Department spokesman Robert Johnson said Saturday. He said Transportation Secretary Norman Y. Mineta had directed the officials to talk to the airline.

Is that you, PineyBob? :D

My take on the PHL situation. Bottom line this was a long time coming. It is ashame that it has happened and so many paxs have gone through this situation. This is something that they will remember. Just have to wonder is this the final nail in the coffin. Someone will be held accountable for this, but more than likely it will be not the one who should. Anyone wanna bet that we will see that same attitude from management....if we ignore it, it will go away.

CPRich said:
So these folks need some level of supervision to tell them that a bag sitting on the ground 45 minutes after a flight just might have a paying passenger waiting for it, and it just might be the right thing to do to spend the 60 seconds it takes to actually move that bag forward towards the paying passenger.

I've had pilots, FA's, and mechanics here in PIT step up and do what was needed to get paying customers where they needed to be and happy.
[post="231417"][/post]​
God forbid a supervisor or manager should get his hands dirty! Jeez, it's more their fault than anyone's for not getting in there and making it right.

This is just the problem with airline management. What a bunch of primadonnas. Same thing at UAL.

N924PS said:
The fat boys are going to get richer anyway. All the Philly debacle will do is further alienate whatever customers we might have and hasten the demise of U.

For all the immature, vindictive and irresponsible workers that are the root of the PHL problems, may Santa bring you an extra large lump of coal this year. For you truly deserve it.

For those workers that have reported on schedule in the face of all that's before you, God Bless YOU and Merry Christmas.
[post="231197"][/post]​

Ba Hum Bug! Nothing like a posting that promotes unity among the employees and employee groups.

The stupid bastards calling the shots at Uair have finally reaped what they have sown!!

You kick don't your employees in the teeth to make up for your own lack of vision, planning, and mgmt know-how. The asshats running (I use the term running loosely) Uair learned a valuable lesson this holiday.. They don't actually hold all the cards. Maybe if you gave out cookies this year it all could have been different.

FUCCY

For all the immature, vindictive and irresponsible workers that are the root of the PHL problems, may Santa bring you an extra large lump of coal this year. For you truly deserve it.

For those workers that have reported on schedule in the face of all that's before you, God Bless YOU and Merry Christmas.

could not agree more. those "sick" should be FIRED!!

spacewaitress said:
God forbid a supervisor or manager should get his hands dirty

I spent an our on the phone today with a supervisor fixing a screw-up. She did get her hands dirty, unlike the slugs in this posting I referred to.