Displacements At Midatlantic

obviously someone has the iside scoop..why hasnt this been announced to those who are in the Jan. class? How do you know this?

USA320Pilot said:
The least expensive hotels are the Americana, 800-548-6261, @ $45 per night + tax and this includes a continental breakfast.

The day before arrival the Marriott Courtyard offers a rate through priceline.com of $35 per night + tax.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="230275"][/post]​

My heart be still!

BRAVO. Bring out the band! Mark today on the calendar! Let's have a yearly celebration to mark the event!!!!!

320 has finally posted something that is genuinely useful!

noluv said:
today 13 reserves in pittsburgh and 70 some in philly got phone calls from midatlantic telling them that they were getting displaced in feb. to dc. anyone have any info. on crashpads or cheap hotels in dc. my friend was displaced and we were thinking of just moving there.
[post="230270"][/post]​

Also I ment to say I talked to a few buddies of mine that are in PHL and they are in the bottom 30 of the list and they didn't get no phone call as of this morning, they didn't even know anything. When are these displacements going to happen, if they are going to happen?

GroundedBoricua said:
Also I ment to say I talked to a few buddies of mine that are in PHL and they are in the bottom 30 of the list and they didn't get no phone call as of this morning, they didn't even know anything. When are these displacements going to happen, if they are going to happen?
[post="230605"][/post]​

Then I would venture to say that the displacements at this point are nothing more than a rumor. Certainly, your "bottom 30" friends would have been displaced first. Transfer bid awards have not been posted on the Hub, as of this morning.

I have been told by a friend in CCY that the company is building up, in a very big way. MAA flying out of DCA (beginning with the February schedule) and is anticipating deliver of the 170s that are in Brazil (apparently the deal is done), as well as 12 additional 170s by the end of next year.

Ok, folks, here's the deal. Go to Inflight Services for MidAtlantic on theHub, then to transfers. They have it divided as follows:

*PIT F/As displaced to PHL or DCA (thier choice) 13
*PHL F/As who WILL be displaced too DCA (no choice) 36
*PHL F/As who MAY be displaced to DCA (if PIT F/As select PHL) 13
*Voluntary Transfer Awards- DCA 41

The company is anticipating a few people quitting, so they have "reinforcements" on hold to accept a recall class if needed.

There is in fact displacement pay up to $1000, HOWEVER, you have to produce reciepts for $1000 in expenses, which a) no one has because thats a month's pay and B) the company can contest so pretty much forget it.

There are supposedly people in PHL (who are on the 13 may be displaced list) who want to go to DC, but were waiting to see if they got displaced and would get any money out of it. I know a couple people who are going to call and ask if they can be considered a voluntary transfer, so a junior person who wants to be in PHL will not be displaced.

By seniority, the PIT people can bump those mid-seniority 13 out of PHL, although previously when senior people came back online, they could not go to PIT and bump juniors out because it was a "closed base."

I'll post this is both threads.

anyone have any info. on base rights? if philly and pit would reopen....wishful thinking....but if it would happen, would these displaced folks have first rights to bid back to base?? or will they open it up systemwide?

noluv said:
anyone have any info. on base rights? if philly and pit would reopen....wishful thinking....but if it would happen, would these displaced folks have first rights to bid back to base?? or will they open it up systemwide?
[post="230830"][/post]​

MidAtlantic does not have "priority return" like mainline. If either base ever opens back up again, it is strictly by seniority. :(

Just wanted to say thay my buddies did get the displacement phone call yesterday (tuesday) about being diplaced to DCA. So I retrieve my privious post

Back