June Displacements

June Displacements

Accessing The Hub
AFA Local Numbers

Dear US Airways PHL Flight Attendant,

Displacements

The company issued the following CBS message at 1733 this afternoon. More information to follow as received.

Thank you,

MEC Officers
AFA US Airways

---------------

June Displacements

In order to realign our base headcount to better meet summer block hours and staffing needs in the BOS, CLT, DCA, LGA, PHL and PIT crew domiciles, InFlight Administration posted and awarded June transfers. Unfortunately, the transfer didn't result in the needed headcount numbers and our next step in the process is to displace flight attendants from CLT and PIT. Additionally, flight attendants in BOS, DCA, LGA and PHL, as well an additional CLT based flight attendants will get notices that they could possibly be displaced depending on the base selections of those flight attendants being displaced from CLT and PIT.

The numbers are as follows:

CLT - 143 total displacements (90 active and 43 loa)
PIT - 70 total displacements (40 active and 30 loa)

Possible displacements (dependent on the base choices of the above group of flight attendants)

BOS - 43 total possible displacements (30 active and 13 loa)
CLT - 53 total possible additional displacements (40 active and 13 loa)
DCA - 58 total possible displacements (30 active and 28 loa)
LGA - 44 total possible displacements (30 active and 14 loa)
PHL - 115 total possible displacements (100 active and 15 loa)

Displacement notices will be mailed today. Bidding will close at Noon ET on April 4, 2007.

If you have questions about the displacement, please contact Thelma Summers @ 480-693-5009 or Mark Stelzer @ 480-693-5827.

Members can check their displacement status on the hub at the following link:

http://thehub.usairways.com/divisions/oper...thyear=June2007

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AFA US Airways Website

http://www.afausairways.org/

Accessing The Hub:

http://thehub.usairways.com
Questions about the Hub? Please contact the EDS Help Desk at 336-744-6000 for assistance. More information can also be found HERE.

AFA Local Numbers

Council 40 PIT 412-245-1214
Council 41 DCA 703-212-8090
Council 69 BOS 781-289-8454
Council 70 PHL 215-492-0840
Council 82 LGA 315-736-3483
Council 89 CLT 704-527-0325

New Hotline Number Toll Free: 866-USA-AFA2
US AIRWAYS Benefits Information 800-872-4780

Reply to Inflight: [email protected]

What would this mean for a US Airways Philly Based Reserve.... A Westie would like to know... What happens when we merge... Will poss. PHX/LAS fa's be made to move... :blink: :shock:

bulls#it!!!. send them all to phx. not phl. we don't need anymore people in phl!!

bah! Seems like a lot of trouble for summer flying.
Am I reading this correctly? The f/a's being displaced from PIT and CLT get to choose any base they want? Why wouldn't they have to go where there is a need? and Fill in those spaces.
Someone explain: If they are short in Boston, why would any BOS f/a get a displacement letter?

The numbers are as follows:

CLT - 143 total displacements (90 active and 43 loa)
PIT - 70 total displacements (40 active and 30 loa)

They need to learn to add 90+43=133 :eek:

Displacement notices will be mailed today. Bidding will close at Noon ET on April 4, 2007.

Oh that's good.....displace f/a's out of where you need them.....and what happens at then end of summer and seasonal flying? Are you gonna let people out of PHL so they can earn a living? It's once again an OVERREACTION to the numbers again.....they never get this right and it's always at the expense of f/a's personal lives.

This is absolutely insane. As you see, it's not the company ALONE that makes things difficult! Though I understand and agree with the seniority method this is so over the top. Screw everyone. Nice.... :rolleyes:

This is absolutely insane. As you see, it's not the company ALONE that makes things difficult! Though I understand and agree with the seniority method this is so over the top. Screw everyone. Nice.... :rolleyes:

I guess there were 3 options - (1) Do nothing, (2) Recall from Invol. Furlough List, (3) Displacements.

Displacing, in my opinion, creates the most angst and disruption in the F/A's lives. Could be why that's the direction Tempe choose to go with this.

Recalling 100 or so, IMO, would have been relatively painless for everyone and the Recalled F/As would be sent directly to the bases that needed them. Worries about overstaffing in the late fall could have been dealt with through attrition and VPLOA. But, what do I know?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't DP state 14 months ago that he "did not want anyone on furlough a year from now."

I guess the worst part about being displaced for all these F/A's is knowing that once you leave your base there is NO going back. With the possible exception of LGA, which is continually short. Knowing that you are going to be commuting from this point on really is terrible! :down:

I guess the worst part about being displaced for all these F/A's is knowing that once you leave your base there is NO going back. With the possible exception of LGA, which is continually short. Knowing that you are going to be commuting from this point on really is terrible! :down:
Once we are on a combined contract is this what I have to look foward to? :shock: Being moved around the country back and forward... YUCK :shock: I never knew that's what you guys/gals dealt with. WOW... Now I am seeing a clear picture of staffing and other issues. WOW.. :blink:

What do you expect for the idiot in Inflight Admin known as P.K. This guy has never been able to staff the bases correctly. So what does senior management do? The promote him from manager to director. Reward someone that has no clue to what he is doing but giving him WAY more money.

PK has never cared one bit about the f/a's. It is very eviden by his blunders and how they effect the lives of f/a's. He could care what this will mean to people's personal lives.

One more thing, PK could have made everyone happy and recalled 50 people and send them to DCA, LGA and BOS. The true places where they need people. Leave the other based overstaffed a bit and have them help out the other based. IF you recalled people, I bet it would be cheaper in the long run since you don't have to pay moving expenses, settling days etc. But of course PK could never see this, he would rahter disrupt people's lives and displace.

Once we are on a combined contract is this what I have to look foward to? :shock: Being moved around the country back and forward... YUCK :shock: I never knew that's what you guys/gals dealt with. WOW... Now I am seeing a clear picture of staffing and other issues. WOW.. :blink:
This is one of the reasons why the commuter/non-rev DOH was so important. Commuting is not always a choice.
Once we merge, PHX will be in the mix too! There's no Bump&Flush, but there will be displacements as needed.

Possible displacements (dependent on the base choices of the above group of flight attendants)

BOS - 43 total possible displacements (30 active and 13 loa)
CLT - 53 total possible additional displacements (40 active and 13 loa)
DCA - 58 total possible displacements (30 active and 28 loa)
LGA - 44 total possible displacements (30 active and 14 loa)

I guess I better pack my bags for Boston, which is probably where they will send me once I am displaced from PHL after all the CLT and PIT people transfer. BTW, can someone please explain how they came up with these exact numbers?

What do you expect for the idiot in Inflight Admin known as P.K. This guy has never been able to staff the bases correctly. So what does senior management do? The promote him from manager to director. Reward someone that has no clue to what he is doing but giving him WAY more money.

PK has never cared one bit about the f/a's. It is very eviden by his blunders and how they effect the lives of f/a's. He could care what this will mean to people's personal lives.

One more thing, PK could have made everyone happy and recalled 50 people and send them to DCA, LGA and BOS. The true places where they need people. Leave the other based overstaffed a bit and have them help out the other based. IF you recalled people, I bet it would be cheaper in the long run since you don't have to pay moving expenses, settling days etc. But of course PK could never see this, he would rahter disrupt people's lives and displace.

I'd be assigning equal, if not more, blame toward Al H. and Sherri S. I would think that they signed off on this.