Do You Want To Re- Elect Bush For Presendent!

Thats great dell, Do you have any pictures of Bush in Alabama? Can't find em? Maybe they are with the WMDs......

sentrido said:
Thats great dell, Do you have any pictures of Bush in Alabama? Can't find em? Maybe they are with the WMDs......
this is your reason...a one issue voter?
at least he served... :lol:
have a nice republican nite.

Nice empty republican reply.I already educated you about the unemployment numbers. Is there another issue you would like to discuss?

sentrido said:
Nice empty republican reply.I already educated you about the unemployment numbers. Is there another issue you would like to discuss?
better check...its picking up as we go toward re-election.
5.55...whats wrong with that? was glorious under billy boy.
have a nice liberal day my friend.
we're still americans...or do you argue that? :lol:

Well, here is the truth, again. You didnt have a reply last time, maybe this time you can come up with something good.

Posted on: Mar 7 2004, 03:09 AM

Replies: 22
Views: 735 Also, while your statement "...but the reality is and still is there is a rate of 5.6% unemployed now and when clinton was president" Is accurate. It doesnt tell the whole story.
Clinton Inherited an unemployment rate of 7.5%! from Bush Sr.

1993 = 6.9
1994 = 6.1
1995 = 5.6
1996 = 5.4
1997 = 4.9
1998 = 4.5
1999 = 4.2
2000 = 4.0

We can see that in Bush jr. Inherited a rate of %4.0!
now bushes numbers:

2001 4.8%
2002 5.8
2003 5.9 (may not be correct)
2004 5.6

To be Fair to GW:
Bush was dealt a ressesion at the beginning of his term, and 911 had a huge impact also.
The employment number do appear to have at least stabilized, and begun to turn around, but this is happening at an historically slow pace.

It seems the theme of this election will be:
"Its the jobs stupid" vs. Terror

Anyway, it seems employment is picking up. but not necessarily in those important swing states. If it keeps going though it can only help your boy (and I hope it does keep going, despite that). Of course if we didnt go after saddam, this would have begun a year ago...

Whats an american? :p

A10Pilot said:
President Bush won the first recount. He won the second recount. He won the third recount. He won the Florida vote. He won the election as well.
Ahh, but here's the rub. When a careful recount of all Florida ballots in all counties was performed, guess who had more votes? I'll give you a hint...he's a Democrat.

And, of course, that doesn't even take into account the certification of unsigned ballots from overseas...by Bush's campaign manager, not by any county at all. Funny how those ballots, which were certified in violation of law, leaned heavily toward Bush.

Sorry you discount the map of the United States, with results by county, showing President Bush’s overwhelming support merely because of where it was generated.
Actually, you may not have realized this but the election isn't chosen based on square miles. What those maps prove is that urban areas voted for Gore, and rural areas voted for Bush. And, by design, the Electoral College system is biased toward rural areas. And there's nothing inherently wrong with this; it is similar to the balance between rural and urban established in the two legislative bodies. I'm just pointing out that the fact that the map is overwhelmingly red does not mean that Bush had overwhelming support. There was less than a 1% difference in the number of votes cast for each candidate. There was a single vote difference between the two candidates in terms of electoral votes. To conclude that either candidate had support within light-years of "overwhelming" is beyond laugable. What is "overwhelming" is the evidence that the country was, and remains, deeply divided, in a manner unseen in a century.

delldude said:
like it or not....we do not sit idly by and do nothing when attacked here or abroad anymore.
We sure don't. Instead, we go and beat up on whoever we want, whether they attacked us or not.

delldude said:
5.55...whats wrong with that?
One thing that's wrong with it is that I am not included in that number, despite being unemployed. Neither are many, many people that I know. That's because we exhausted our unemployment insurance...so we don't count anymore as far as the unemployment figures go.

But, guess what? I was employed in the 90s, and I'm unemployed now.

Incidentally, when one wishes to jumpstart the economy with a tax cut, one doesn't cut taxes to those whose income is substantially higher than their expenditures, for such a tax cut is likely to have, at best, minimal impact on economic activity. It's far less expensive for the government to directly employ the unemployed.

mweiss said:
Ahh, but here's the rub. When a careful recount of all Florida ballots in all counties was performed, guess who had more votes? I'll give you a hint...he's a Democrat.

And, of course, that doesn't even take into account the certification of unsigned ballots from overseas...by Bush's campaign manager, not by any county at all. Funny how those ballots, which were certified in violation of law, leaned heavily toward Bush.

Actually, you may not have realized this but the election isn't chosen based on square miles. What those maps prove is that urban areas voted for Gore, and rural areas voted for Bush. And, by design, the Electoral College system is biased toward rural areas. And there's nothing inherently wrong with this; it is similar to the balance between rural and urban established in the two legislative bodies. I'm just pointing out that the fact that the map is overwhelmingly red does not mean that Bush had overwhelming support. There was less than a 1% difference in the number of votes cast for each candidate. There was a single vote difference between the two candidates in terms of electoral votes. To conclude that either candidate had support within light-years of "overwhelming" is beyond laugable. What is "overwhelming" is the evidence that the country was, and remains, deeply divided, in a manner unseen in a century.
if what you say is true...what happened to all the recounts by ap,upi,cbs,etc,etc...when it didn't come out the way you wish they quietly dropped the issue. :lol:

TWAnr said:
One set of numbers is conspicuously missing:

Gore: 50,999,897 48.38%
Bush: 50,456,002 47.87%
Nader: 2,882,955 2.74%

In addition, there was never a complete manual recount of the Florida vote. Every attempt was stopped by legal wrangling; the last one was stopped by the United States Supreme Court. The court then installed Bush as the winner by holding that there was not enough time, by the deadline to submit the Electoral College vote, to complete the recount that would have been completed had the court not halted the process for three days.

The news media "recount" was not official and its accuracy is in question.

To add insult to injury, President Bush, the legitimacy of whose election is in question, is acting as if he won a mandate in a landslide.
missing or not we don't tally that way my friend.......get over it.... :up:

delldude said:
if what you say is true...what happened to all the recounts by ap,upi,cbs,etc,etc...when it didn't come out the way you wish they quietly dropped the issue. :lol:
It's not a question of what I wish happened. They didn't make a stink out of it because Gore didn't want to push the issue, as I recall. Besides, it wouldn't have changed the ultimate outcome; Bush had already been installed by that point.

In any case, Mickey Kaus discussed an Orlando Sentinel article (an update to another Sentinel article, if you wish to keep track) that discusses how, in fact, there were two counts that would have shown a Gore win, one of which was stopped by the Supremes, the other which was foolishly stopped by Gore. But don't take my word for it. Read for yourself.

Back