Does APFA want a NO vote? Maybe so....

twaokc

Senior
Aug 19, 2002
OKC
AAStew,

That is what the company is wanting so they can do at will with all the employees concerning there wages and benefits...

A decision cannot be made without the t/a in hand or on-screen per se! Surely they have some of the language worked out, if so where is it? It is kind of like going to vote for President for just a name, then finding out their platforms and party affiliation afterwards! I agree bankruptcy id probablu worse but I will not vote blindly. I cannot go to the meeting tomorrow, so I will watch the webcast, but I would like a copy of the T/A to reference to!

----------------
On 4/8/2003 11:51:48 AM AAStew wrote:

I have called our info line various times, listened and read John Ward''s messages. The more I see and hear, or rather the lack of seeing and hearing, makes me think our union wants a NO vote. I am not hearing anything from our union that would make me support this contract.

----------------​
Is it his job to "sell" this tentative agreement or is it his job to impartially deliver information to you (and the rest of the membership) so that you can make your own decision?

Of course the board thinks the TAs are better than the alternative - an immediate Chapter 11 filing.

The April 5 letter makes it very clear that the TA is not desirable.

But it also makes very clear that Ward believes that bankruptcy is even more undesirable.

Your choice is between two evils.

Which evil is more evil is hard to quantify - but most outside observers agree that Chapter 11 is the worse evil.

Best of luck to you in your decision.

I have called our info line various times, listened and read John Ward''s messages. The more I see and hear, or rather the lack of seeing and hearing, makes me think our union wants a NO vote. I am not hearing anything from our union that would make me support this contract.

Well, you do know the basic gist of what you are voting. The specific language, the and, buts and OR''s is what''s missing. We will have it all before the April 15 deadline. If you are off you can get some more info from the web cast. There is a place set up at each base for getting info from the negotiating team themselves.

NOBODY IS GOING TO WANT TO SELL THIS GARBAGE!! Ward has a responsibility to bring an agreement back for a vote and he probably wants a YES vote, but he''s not going to want to be associated with it.