Dog Stowed in Overhead Dies

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
www.youtube.com
That sucks

A dog died Monday night after a United Airlines flight attendant insisted a passenger place the pet in an overhead bin.

Maggie Gremminger, a passenger on the flight, tweeted about the incident and told aviation website One Mile At a Time that a dog's owner argued with a United flight attendant who demanded that the dog go in the overhead bin.

“The passenger adamantly pushed back, sharing verbally that her dog was in the bag. The flight attendant continued to ask the passenger to do it, and she eventually complied. By the end of the flight, the dog was dead. The woman was crying in the airplane aisle on the floor,” Gremminger said.

United expressed regret and accepted full responsibility for the incident.

"This was a tragic accident that should never have occurred, as pets should never be placed in the overhead bin," the airline told NBC Chicago. "We assume full responsibility for this tragedy and express our deepest condolences to the family and are committed to supporting them."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...es-passenger-to-place-carrier-in-overhead-bin

Yep, this looks like a case where immediate termination for the FA who instructed this and others who knew about it may be justified...

Reactions: JFK Fleet Service
My experience with regional carriers FA's is they are "Sky Nazis".
Some of the nastiest totalitarians i have ever had to deal with.
Most are nice, just doing their job, but the few makes me hate flying even more than the zoo we have now.
GOD help you if they know you are NRSA.
Just my 2 cents