Dol Count

RogerRoger said:
16 ballots opened and counted.

Tommie Hutto-Blake - 14

John Ward - 2
[post="167967"][/post]​

RogerRoger - Sorry - I didn't know you started the post just prior to me.

Hey. This is important enough to have it posted in many places!

Now let's see if Ward steps down or another lawsuit gets levied against the APFA. I hope he has changed his legal advisor. He seems to be getting really poor advice!

RogerRoger said:
Hey. This is important enough to have it posted in many places!

Now let's see if Ward steps down or another lawsuit gets levied against the APFA. I hope he has changed his legal advisor. He seems to be getting really poor advice!
[post="167977"][/post]​
John Ward is his own lawyer. Now what was that saying a. A person who represents themselves has a fool for a client. Hmm How fitting is that.

Three cheers for TOMMIE!!

I read where Ward is missing again. Did he ever work at apfa headquarters?

(Mikey - I told them to look under his desk)

Yes, indeed he is a fool!

It's time to install Tommie and begin the healing process! ;)

How do you guys get your news so fast? And has anyone said if the king will abdicate?
BTW I left a nice message for Ward with his secretary about showing up for the meeting tmo. Personally I think we should all jam the APFA's phonelines and e-mailboxes. :p

From the Star-Telegram online -

Discarded ballots would tip flight attendants' vote

By Trebor Banstetter
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

FORT WORTH _ John Ward, who was re-elected president of the American Airlines' flight attendants' union earlier this year by a wafer-thin margin, would not have won the post if 16 discarded ballots had been counted, federal investigators found Thursday.

Officials with the Department of Labor, who have been investigating the election, told union leaders that 14 of the 16 ballots in question had been cast for challenger Tommie Hutto-Blake. Those ballots would have given Blake a seven-vote victory in the race for president of the Association of Professional Flight Attendants.

The finding, however, will not immediately impact the union's leadership, union officials said. Federal officials told union leaders that the investigation is continuing, and no actions would be taken until it concludes next month.

The labor department began reviewing the election after complaints were filed by Hutto-Blake supporters. The uncounted ballots were originally discarded because of questions over the validity of the voters' membership in the union.

Ward was a key figure in crafting last year's concessions deal, which cut American's labor costs and kept the airline out of bankruptcy.

Trebor Banstetter, (817) 390-7064
[email protected]

This is APFA National Communications Coordinator Liz Geiss with a special APFA hotline update for Thursday, August 12, 2004.

As was previously reported on this hotline, the Department of Labor determined that, as part of its ongoing investigation into election complaints filed in connection with the recent national officer runoff election, it would count an additional 16 ballots that were previously cast but not counted in the election for APFA president. That count took place this afternoon and the results are as follows:

Of the 16 additional ballots counted, Tommie Hutto-Blake received 14 votes and John Ward received 2 votes. When combined with the previous totals, Ms. Hutto-Blake has received a total of 7,407 votes and Mr. Ward has received a total of 7,400 votes.

The Department of Labor has confirmed that this additional ballot count does not trigger an immediate change in office holder. It is anticipated that the APFA will, in the near future, be receiving additional information from the DOL with respect to its findings with regard to all the pending election complaints. Following that, the APFA Board of Directors will formulate an appropriate specific response to the DOL that will outline its intended course of action . APFA will continue to fully cooperate with the DOL in its conduct of the ongoing investigation into the pending election complaints.

Thank you for calling. This hotline

So what do you think they are going to do? Not much it seems to me. I tell you what Ward has big cojones.

Latest posts