Dol Count

FA Mikey said:
Thank god for that, because there is not a brain in his head.
[post="168060"][/post]​

Mike, You are funny, I would love to fly with you. I am still laughing!!!!

FA Mikey said:
How touching. How about you both fly FOR me?
[post="168107"][/post]​
Lo siento estoy enferma. My dog would miss me. Against the rules. Give me time I'll think of more. Biut the offer for Paris still stands.

RogerRoger said:
Hey. This is important enough to have it posted in many places!

Now let's see if Ward steps down or another lawsuit gets levied against the APFA. I hope he has changed his legal advisor. He seems to be getting really poor advice!
[post="167977"][/post]​

Actually I think they just ignore any legal advice.

AAStew said:
Lo siento estoy enferma. My dog would miss me. Against the rules. Give me time I'll think of more. Biut the offer for Paris still stands.
[post="168116"][/post]​

Easy now..this is not match.com :lol:

AAStew said:
This is APFA National Communications Coordinator Liz Geiss with a special APFA hotline update for Thursday, August 12, 2004.

As was previously reported on this hotline, the Department of Labor determined that, as part of its ongoing investigation into election complaints filed in connection with the recent national officer runoff election, it would count an additional 16 ballots that were previously cast but not counted in the election for APFA president. That count took place this afternoon and the results are as follows:

Of the 16 additional ballots counted, Tommie Hutto-Blake received 14 votes and John Ward received 2 votes. When combined with the previous totals, Ms. Hutto-Blake has received a total of 7,407 votes and Mr. Ward has received a total of 7,400 votes.

The Department of Labor has confirmed that this additional ballot count does not trigger an immediate change in office holder. It is anticipated that the APFA will, in the near future, be receiving additional information from the DOL with respect to its findings with regard to all the pending election complaints. Following that, the APFA Board of Directors will formulate an appropriate specific response to the DOL that will outline its intended course of action . APFA will continue to fully cooperate with the DOL in its conduct of the ongoing investigation into the pending election complaints.

Thank you for calling. This hotline
So what do you think they are going to do? Not much it seems to me. I tell you what Ward has big cojones.
[post="168050"][/post]​

=============================================
(Among other reasons), This is a GREAT VICTORY for the "majority" of APFA members

Too bad THB did'nt win by a (legitimate) "5" votes , to coincide with the 5 votes that the company A$$ HOLE(JW), "Thought" he won by !!

WOW, if the "majority" of you guys/gals at APFA keep "this kind of action" up, I'm going to have to consider comparing you to the STRONGEST Union, in the USA("BAR NONE"), the West Coast Dockworkers(Longshoremen) Union.

From the bottom of my heart,

"WELCOME BACK(the REAL) APFA", You have been sorely missed.

NH/BB's

Congrats to all who voted in favor of new leadership. However, I have a gut feeling that your union board is just going to sit on this for a few months while they "gather their thoughts"

In my estimation, it's going to take the DOL jumping in and ordering Mr. Ward to stand down. I believe the worst they can do is impose fines until he does. In any event, I don't see your new leader taking office much before the end of the year.

I find it shameful that of a membership of nearly 25K that only roughly 15K felt the need to vote. It's not like they weren't given large windows of voting time. I can't understand someone paying their hard earned money every month for representation, then not participating when asked to vote on something as important as this obviously was to so many.

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but am I to understand that this new leader is not the type to be lining up to kiss AA's fanny unlike Mr. Ward? Personally, I believe a union that does not stand on the side of labor is worthless. From what I've seen and read from each of you, Mr. Ward appeared to stand for management rather than labor on more than a few occasions.

However it all turns out - good luck to all Flight Attendants. I believe 2005 is going to be a battle year between each of you and AA.

How popular do you think Sherry Cooper is with John Ward right now....talking about cajones, she sure has em...She is our own Erin Brockovich...The blond pitbull! Tawanda!

WingNaPrayer said:
Congrats to all who voted in favor of new leadership. However, I have a gut feeling that your union board is just going to sit on this for a few months while they "gather their thoughts"

In my estimation, it's going to take the DOL jumping in and ordering Mr. Ward to stand down. I believe the worst they can do is impose fines until he does. In any event, I don't see your new leader taking office much before the end of the year.
[post="168265"][/post]​

Actually, I think the BOD is coming to the realization that thwarting the DOL is not a good move on their part. Particularly, since they have been informed that they can each be held personally responsible financially through fines and even through possible jail time if the DOL determines that a fraud was perpetrated in the election.

It's not nice to fool Mother DOL!

Jim,(or anyone with the answer)
What time is the EC meeting today and will you or anyone be attending?

jimntx said:
Actually, I think the BOD is coming to the realization that thwarting the DOL is not a good move on their part. Particularly, since they have been informed that they can each be held personally responsible financially through fines and even through possible jail time if the DOL determines that a fraud was perpetrated in the election.

It's not nice to fool Mother DOL!
[post="168292"][/post]​

Let us all hope that the BOD understands the implications of their actions. Certainly the members don't want their dues money going to fight individual legal expenses!

Latest posts