Done with PDT, Back to the Mothership

robbedagain

Veteran
Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
Well, yesterday was my official last day working at ABE for Piedmont Airlines. After a rough 3 yrs with a ramp mgr who loves to favor select folks and screw the rest my time came yesterday to end my time with EN. Tomorrow I officially start at BWI with Mainline. Or as we in ABE clal it, the Mothership. I for one will be very happy to be back in the union. I have seen both sides of the coin and I for one rather be in the union no matter how bad or how good. The best part is the medical beneifts and how the employees are treated. At PDT a part timer agent that I know very well has their pt benefits got hit with a $19000 bill for surgery to take a non cancerous tumor out of his upper arm. The insurance only paid $750 whopping bucks--and thats just to walk in the door!!!! SAD. Very Sad. I wish all of my fellow coworkers in ABE all the luck in the world because they are going to need it given what they have to work with--only 2 or 3 agents per day to work 1 mainline jet 2 CRJS and 5 Dash 8s.

Help me out here: are EN's PT benefits the same at FT? And is the health insurance carrier of today any different than the one we would have had in 08/07 through 10/07?

Not trying to build a trap or anything. It's just that I had a very different experience with my EN insurance (back when I still had it) and was pleasantly surprised at what it paid.

No, today day in age, PI has CoreSource for F/T and Reliance Standard for P/T. Neither one is really good but the Core Source is actually better than the Reliance Standard. Today, it runs from Jan 1st, to Dec 31st for F/T and from Feb 15th to Jan 31st for P/T

OK. I was FT and had Core Source. It covered a LOT of a specific procedure I thought it shouldn't have. I didn't complain, that's for sure. I'm sorry for the $19k versus $750 person. That stinks. At least the person can deduct it from his or her taxes.

Core Source's prescription benefits are fantastic, too...or at least they were last year before I left EN. I'll tell you, stuff that used to cost me $10 at EN now cost $100 through my wife's insurer.