Doug Parker mgmt style

When you consider the number of media types that LCC has obviously hired to push this merger proposal over and over and over, it is no surprise at all that boards like this are infiltrated by people who want to tell us how great this merger will be.

Problem is the creditors aren't convinced and there really is no evidence that AA labor is other than in the increased leverage it gives them against AA, who is trying to fight off the possibility of labor and other creditors realistically bolting for greener pastures.
It isn't the first time that a company in BK has had to fight for its life.... and it also goes to show that AA does have some flexility in its restructuring process to make some changes that might SOMEWHAT lessen the pain for labor...
but the notion that US will provide a significantly better alternative to a standalone, reorganized AA is nothing more than a pipedream....
and yes, many people can see it and have said it in many different ways.
The LCC media machine just isn't ready to give up given that the future for US absent a merger with AA looks very uncertain.

WT,

Can you C&P that quote and put it here:

http://www.airlineforums.com/topic/53708-us-long-term-standalone-prospects/

Even if only the last sentence!

Sooooo...you're saying he did try for ATA, because I never heard either???
I seem to recall that HP showed some interest in ATA and/or it's assets prior to their merger with US. I don't know that it was a full run at a merger though.

I seem to recall that HP showed some interest in ATA and/or it's assets prior to their merger with US. I don't know that it was a full run at a merger though.

Just a thought, maybe in his career, Parker hinted ;) to a possible Eatern Shuttle merger with whatever airline he was with, and the, e-hem, biased media didn't blow it out of proportion?

When you consider the number of media types that LCC has obviously hired to push this merger proposal over and over and over, it is no surprise at all that boards like this are infiltrated by people who want to tell us how great this merger will be.

Problem is the creditors aren't convinced and there really is no evidence that AA labor is other than in the increased leverage it gives them against AA, who is trying to fight off the possibility of labor and other creditors realistically bolting for greener pastures.
It isn't the first time that a company in BK has had to fight for its life.... and it also goes to show that AA does have some flexility in its restructuring process to make some changes that might SOMEWHAT lessen the pain for labor...
but the notion that US will provide a significantly better alternative to a standalone, reorganized AA is nothing more than a pipedream....
and yes, many people can see it and have said it in many different ways.
The LCC media machine just isn't ready to give up given that the future for US absent a merger with AA looks very uncertain.

And please tell us that you are not the biggest "Media Machine" that Delta ever had working for them for FREE...
It has been exposed that you did indeed once work for Delta, and your nonstop chanting thier name, has many wondering if you are indeed doing some PR work for them. If you are doing all of this Delta Hype on your own accord, I feel sorry for your lonesome ###.
You have also disclosed that your brother works for AA, so that expains your AAnti US/AA merger propaganda.
Lets get real here WT, you have multiple interests at stake in what happens at Delta & AA...
If you have little or no interest in being involved with an airline, why do you monitor and post on this site 24/7?

Reactions: 1 person
Yes, continue to avoid the bullit, wingy. Why is an anti-US/AA merger only within your industry? My credibility has been proven, yet you say the same to me as you say to anyone that is against this merger. Unlike US, I don't report hurt feelings like your peers.

I knew that you woukd jump in to rescue WT....
Did you fellas get together yet, or did you get your Signals crossed?
Now you think that you have credibility because you find and post some articles that you find online, that's outright funny........

Wow.

You think it is me that is out of touch with reality??? :rolleyes: Sure thing, Sunshine! :lol:

You accused me of monitoring these posts 24/7. You can't figure out what my beef is with US, so you come up with your own conclusions that have been proven wrong...again...again...again...and infinity! I think your confusing me with Roger Ramjet, or US320Pilot, because I only post articles when it counts!

You're fighting a losing battle, wingy. Your airline is exposed by both ameteurs and experts, yet some are heading towards a siren song. I continue to say that I speak for myself and speak for no one nor defend no one. I merely answered to the fact that you repeat yourself in a Kumba-US fashion.

Now give us the Kool Ade PR... :huh:

Wings,
you apparently believe that what I have done in my life is supposed to make some difference in the outcome of AA-US, but it clearly doesn't.

I'm beyond thrilled that you are so fixated on what I have to say - but am perplexed why you discount other people who have made the same arguments I have and have said it long ago....

You and I have differed in opinions for nearly a decade on this site... you were convinced that US would acquire DL and ranted on and on about it then.
What you can't seem to accept is that the business fundamentals that made DL mgmt and its creditors decide a US merger was not in their interest then are the same as they are with AA today. The only difference between US' attempts at AA and DL is that there is far less overlap between US and AA than there was between DL and US.
Parker told the DL people they would bear the brunt of the cuts and they rose up.... now it is the AA people who are being promised the crown jewels while the US people know full well that if Parker has to give the store away to AA people in order to get AA's revenue, then the US people will pay the price.
What is unchanged between the AA and DL is that both had far better revenue generating capabilities BEFORE US' merger proposals, AA will continue to build on its historic network strengths just as DL did, US' financials are simply not strong enough to think that AMR's creditors will choose US as a merger partner when the option is a much stronger reorganized AA, and AA like DL sees greater opportunities in leveling the strategic playing field by merging with carriers other than US.

You can continue to paint me and others as jilted and biased but it doesn't and won't change the fact that there are very few reasons why AA is really interested in US and that the only reason this whole thing has gone on as long as it has is because AA labor is playing Parker for their own benefit while Parker is doing everything he can to keep from being marginalized in the industry with an airline that will end up between 4rd and 5th place in all of its key market regions if the AA merger is not consummated with US.

Maybe after AA emerges and chooses its own merger partner other than US will it become clear to you that US doesn't have what the big 3 network carriers want or need in a merger partner...even though you haven't managed to get that point in at least the 6 years since US went after DL.

Sig,
he'll crash and burn some day... we're just enjoying watching the puffs of smoke right now knowing full well what comes next....

Reactions: 1 person
I won't crash and burn, but I will most likely be retired before any of this does or doesn't happen. I will be collecting my pension with or without any mergers thru the PBGC, thanks to your and Siggys tax dollars....
I'm impressed that you can now predict the future as well. Given that you can see the future, I must ask do you see yourself back at Delta? Will you hire Siggy?

Hey wingy, you miss the fact that your tax dollars are making sure my retirement is still there so :p :p :p

Don't lower me to your level. You couldn't pay me enough to work for your uncertain industry :huh:

Now it's the kool ade spin's turn... B)

Either way mine are coming back to me In some form.
Back when I started the industry was far from uncertain, and nobody that has made this a career can help where things have gone the last few years. I find it amusing that you actually THINK that you are on a different level than me or anyone else in this world. I guess that explains a lot about your character, and why you have shacked up with WT.
Those cute little smiley faces go a long way in your favor as well.
While you are having dinner with WT, ask him why he eludes to the fact that he once was a mgr. for Delta...

WT,

It is like watching a rerun of a movie over 100 times. Please make it stop!

Are you guys gonna share some popcorn on the couch while you watch the movie? I'm glad that you fellas found each other, because you were both very lonely prior to meeting.

Yet you continue to watch.....

Either way mine are coming back to me In some form.
Back when I started the industry was far from uncertain, and nobody that has made this a career can help where things have gone the last few years. I find it amusing that you actually THINK that you are on a different level than me or anyone else in this world. I guess that explains a lot about your character, and why you have shacked up with WT.
Those cute little smiley faces go a long way in your favor as well.
While you are having dinner with WT, ask him why he eludes to the fact that he once was a mgr. for Delta...

You don't see it, do you? The only difference between me and you is that I see it from a different angle. So you feel that destroying my character will benefit the fact that no matter what the outcome, US is doomed??? You know who else had a problem with the emoticons? Move2CLT, that's who :lol: :p

As far as WT, you have a hand ask him yourself :lol: :p

Are you guys gonna share some popcorn on the couch while you watch the movie? I'm glad that you fellas found each other, because you were both very lonely prior to meeting.

Yet you continue to watch.....

And who would not want to rubber neck at an accident? Or watch the best Airplane movie :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts