Doug Parker mgmt style

Just a thought, maybe in his career, Parker hinted ;) to a possible Eatern Shuttle merger with whatever airline he was with, and the, e-hem, biased media didn't blow it out of proportion?
I doubt it, as that was in the early 90's, and was not in any position to do anything of the sort. US got the shuttle when it had already become Trump, and at that time AA tried to get a shot at it, but wasn't able to. As I said, Parker wasn't in a position to make a decision of that type.

Reactions: 1 person
As I said, my career is coming to a close within a short time, and my retirement is taken care of in several ways.
I do want the best for my fellow coworkers, and their futures. Unlike you, I care for the well being of others instead of wishing doom and gloom upon then such as you do.
As for the smiley faces, they just make you look childish, and if you wish to portray that, have at it.

Sooooo...you're saying he did try for ATA, because I never heard either???

America West Holdings

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

America West Airlines headquarters, now the US Airways headquarters
America West Holdings Corporation was an Arizona-based company whose primary holding was America West Airlines. During its acquisition of US Airways, America West's parent company adopted the name of US Airways's parent company, which at the time had the name "US Air Group" and which subsequently became US Airways Group after the merger.
America West's corporate offices in Tempe, Arizona were housed in one of the first commercial high-rise buildings constructed in the downtown area, featuring an "airfoil" motif in the shape of its roof.
On May 19, 2005, America West Holdings Corporation announced it would acquire the Arlington, Virginia-based US Airways Group. The new entity is named US Airways Group and is based in America West's former corporate offices in Tempe. US Airways Group corporate offices in Arlington were closed, and most US Airways management were laid off. America West CEO Doug Parker became CEO of the merged companies, and his management team remains in control. The merger was completed on September 27, 2005, and America West now operates under the US Airways brand, which was felt to be more appropriate to the combined airline's nationwide route network. A merger of the two airlines' FAA operating certificates occurred on September 25, 2007 (the US Airways certificate survived), ending the 24-year history of the America West Airlines name.

Contents
History

The company was founded September 4, 1981 by a group of investors led by Edward R. Beauvais. The first flight for America West Airlines took place on August 1, 1983 using a leased Boeing 737.[sup][1][/sup][sup][2][/sup] Beauvais ran the company until he resigned in 1992.[sup][3][/sup]
In December, 2004, America West Holdings Corporation announced interest in buying part of ATA Airlines, but did not submit a bid

Doug Parker may go to Herb Kelleher for advice, but there is little if any evidence that he heeds such advice....
Yes we know that but AA employees find Horton so distasteful that they are ripe to see similarities between Herb and Doug... Ha!

What do you wanna bet that Horton is being paid to be bad enough to do just that?

I doubt it, as that was in the early 90's, and was not in any position to do anything of the sort. US got the shuttle when it had already become Trump, and at that time AA tried to get a shot at it, but wasn't able to. As I said, Parker wasn't in a position to make a decision of that type.

Correct about Parker's position but HP, like AA, was interested in the Shuttle but US' first right of refusal resulted in US buying it from the banks. HP was also interested in ATA but WN got them while ATA was in bankruptcy and Midway hasn't been the same since.

Jim

Correct about Parker's position but HP, like AA, was interested in the Shuttle but US' first right of refusal resulted in US buying it from the banks. HP was also interested in ATA but WN got them while ATA was in bankruptcy and Midway hasn't been the same since.

Jim

I think the shuttle is quickly becoming a thing of the past. DL is completely out of BOS-DCA, and running all E70/E75 aircraft to LGA, they recently pulled the 319s. They can't seem to get it right, in only a few years DL has used MD-88s (all Y), MD-88s (F/Y), 738s and now E75s. US has also cut back, but it is the most convenient option to DCA.

Josh

American Airlines, US Airways Merger Speculation

June 22, 2012

Doug Parker, CEO of US Airways, has made a career out of attempting to merge airlines. The former America West Airlines CEO has not been successful to date. Eastern Shuttle, ATA, United, Delta.

So, I have to ask, why is he mentioned in the Eastern Shuttle? Where is the inaccurate information? Did Mr. P have something to do with it or was it a media inaccuracy???

American Airlines, US Airways Merger Speculation

June 22, 2012

Doug Parker, CEO of US Airways, has made a career out of attempting to merge airlines. The former America West Airlines CEO has not been successful to date. Eastern Shuttle, ATA, United, Delta. Bzzzzzt. What about the US Airways-America West merger you say, Bzzzzt.

US Airways Pilots and America West pilots are not allowed to fly each others routes due to a seniority dispute. Is this dispute a problem? Mr. Parker does not mind it at all, he uses it as an excuse not to bargain in good faith with the pilots and is saving more money than the synergies of a completed merger could bring.

American Airlines is Mr. Parkers latest attempt. He is setting up three pilot groups that will fight each other, synergies be damed. Paint all the airplanes the same color and use the politically motivated NMB to stall contracts indefinitely.

But tune in, the pilots are getting wise to his playbook. This may not be a good strategy this time around. Invest in gold, not greed.

Bingo.....

Cheers,
777 / 767 / 757

Yes bingo, Love.
Did you take the time to realize that the baffoon who wrote this doesn't have his facts straight?
Never had anything to do with the Eastern Shuttle, never made an actual attempt with ATA.
Just about anyone is capable of writing an article along these lines. Given that there is no link or source mentioned makes it even more worthless...
When does summer camp start?

No worries, olderguyAMT. :)

The merger is probably going to happen, but I don't think anyone will be happy with Doug Parker. Ideally, the money behind the merger would bring some new management to replace Parker & Co. Crandall isn't going to come out of retirement. Maybe someone like Gordon Bethune, but 10-15 years younger?

The union workforce seems to have an automatic hatred of the incumbent. They might pine for Parker now, but once he's in they'll turn on him. It's not unlike how Bob Crandall is lionized by the union workforce now. There's an "anybody but the guy we've got" mentality.