E190

IMO most of the F/O's for the E-190 will be the same people who were Captains and F/O's on the E-170 for mainline. A large number of the current pilots flying the remaining E-170's are just planning to stay till the last plane leaves, collect furlough pay and unemployment, and then take the first avail recall late this year or yearly 07. Many will move into the right seat of an Airbus or 737, but many will come back into the Embraer.

The very same thing applies to the Flight Attendants currently flying the E-170.

And the people who know how to fix the E-170 are still here, and will be working on the E-190 as well as the remainder of the mainline fleet.

Do you think US Air will paint "Express" on the sides of the new EMBs? I know that really pissed off a lot of people when they put "Express" on the 170s.

I've always wondered why they even bother painting "express" on an aircraft. In fact, I've always thought the whole idea of "express" was stupid--it's been years since flying "express" was any faster on the ground (since we know it was never faster in the air)....

I think they put "Express" on the side because they knew what they were gonna do when they first got these a/c. They knew they were gonna get rid of them to express. If they thought even for a moment that they would keep them..they would not have put the express on the side. Now they are at an express carrier(Republic) and they do not have to paint them for awhile(new colors).

Latest posts