E190

With fleet utilization coming together, we might also see these used across the country. Planes don't just have to go "out and back" to the hubs anymore - they can go on to the Western or Eastern hub from the mid-con city.

Your pilot trip might be CLT-DFW-PHX-PDX or BNA-LAS-DEN-CLT.

With fleet utilization coming together, we might also see these used across the country. Planes don't just have to go "out and back" to the hubs anymore - they can go on to the Western or Eastern hub from the mid-con city.

Your pilot trip might be CLT-DFW-PHX-PDX or BNA-LAS-DEN-CLT.

Which would be better use of the plane. Best use would be to throw in some new markets not currently served as well :):):):):):)

Special MEC Hotline Alert - February 9, 2006
To: All AWA Pilots

According to news reports, US Airway's management tonight announced the
purchase of 57 firm EMBRAER 190 aircraft, with options for 50 additional
170/190 type aircraft. In the press release, the US Airways Chairman and CEO
Doug Parker stated: "We are excited to bring the superior comfort and
advanced efficiency of the EMBRAER 190 into our fleet, and we are
particularly pleased that these airplanes will be flown with US Airways
mainline pilots and flight attendants."

The AWA MEC is planning to discuss the allocation of new flying for both the
additional B757 and EMBRAER 190 aircraft that are considered additional
aircraft (i.e. not covered by the fleet plans in the attachments of the
Transition Agreement) with the AAA MEC and ALPA Legal early next week. We
should have additional details once we get a handle on all these issues with
all the parties involved. You can find pay rates for the E190 aircraft in
Attachment D of the Transition Agreement.

The JNC was in negotiations in PHX this week dealing mostly with Sections 10
and 11. The AWA JNC members will brief the entire MEC on the progress made
tomorrow.

Be careful out there,

JR

This plane will go very jr. to the pilots due to the pay scales. :shock: Most senior FO's will make more than EMB Capt's. Anyone want to guess how low on the senority list!! :p

Not for FAs. Same pay for every aircraft. If the 170 had not been fenced, the junior FAs would never have seen it. Two FAs, each with thier own galley, only 72 or 99 people? Buddy bidding seniors would love it, alot of them loved the F100.

I wasn't talking about the pilots when speaking of it going senior. It will more than likely be senior for the f/a group.

These planes are supposed to also fly out west. Friend in CCY told me that the planes will be based in CLT and could fly to LAS at night.. mentioned a few cities specifically... STL, BNA, MSY, ATL, GSO, CVG, etc.... so if it does a 7PM CLT-BNA flight, gets in at 830ish, will depart at 9pm for LAS to hit the HP 11PM bank. Mentioned something about 17 to 20 hour utilizations on *each* airframe, ever day.

Also said that HP-West will get a few on their end as well to make an easier transition to same-cert operation as well as offer West some growth out of PHX.

Also said that HP-West will get a few on their end as well to make an easier transition to same-cert operation as well as offer West some growth out of PHX.

That doesn't make too much sense if you think about it. Why would HP take the time and money to get the EMB190 on their certificate when you basically can just "place" it on the US certificate due to the fact the US already has the EMB170? Have you ever been part of a certification process? It is very very very timely and takes alot of man hours. Which we all know equates to alot of dollars.

To comment on what SegmentKing was told by a friend in CCY re 190 routings and utilization that sounds great and I think it is a great plan as long as they start out the first month or two with a more conservative operating plan. I think the 190 order was smart and proactive and I think it will be a great addition to the fleet (as long as Mainline flying it does not change) however based on Mid Atlantic's early days with the 170 and the early days for the 190 at B6 and AC we can expect less than perfect performance in the early days. If the first two deliveries start out right off the bat doing 17-20 hours days where looking at a lot of unneccasary delays and cancelletions with unhappy customers !
Just my two cents, Tempe, lets keep simple for the first 2-3 months !

Respectfully

LGA777

I think that our experience with the E-jets will be better than B6 because our engineering and maintenance department is second to none (and I don't think B6 has one). We have experience with the 170 and can look at the records at B6 to see where they had problems. Embraer should clear up the intial design problems soon.

I think, with these aircraft, we will kick WN and B6 a$$.
A LCC with global reach!
I've always said given good management and the right tools there isn't anybody we can't beat.

Good move (again) Doug!

I think that our experience with the E-jets will be better than B6 because our engineering and maintenance department is second to none (and I don't think B6 has one). We have experience with the 170 and can look at the records at B6 to see where they had problems. Embraer should clear up the intial design problems soon.

I think, with these aircraft, we will kick WN and B6 a$$.
A LCC with global reach!
I've always said given good management and the right tools there isn't anybody we can't beat.

Good move (again) Doug!

Here's a article about the E190 and there problems's at JB.JetBlue wrestles with E-190 snags

I wouldn't worry too much about the problems B6 is having with the 190. They just haven't learned how to operate them yet, although they do have a great benefit of having former MDA guys with them. MDA, as you remember, had the same problems, but things smoothed out. The 170/190 is a very delicate plane, and needs to be treated a certain way. If you do everything correctly, then the problems are minimal.

To comment on what SegmentKing was told by a friend in CCY re 190 routings and utilization that sounds great and I think it is a great plan as long as they start out the first month or two with a more conservative operating plan. I think the 190 order was smart and proactive and I think it will be a great addition to the fleet (as long as Mainline flying it does not change) however based on Mid Atlantic's early days with the 170 and the early days for the 190 at B6 and AC we can expect less than perfect performance in the early days. If the first two deliveries start out right off the bat doing 17-20 hours days where looking at a lot of unneccasary delays and cancelletions with unhappy customers !
Just my two cents, Tempe, lets keep simple for the first 2-3 months !

Respectfully

LGA777

Delivery info:

"we expect to see the first two aircraft arrive in November of this year, with one additional aircraft arriving approximately every month until the order is complete."