New delivery of Embraer 190 (Coming soon)

Diamondbacks2004

Advanced
Mar 29, 2004
Recently, US Airways has been ordered new 57 Embraer 190 aircrafts powered by GE CF34-10E aircraft engines. New delivery will be coming next month.

I'm curious which one of Advanced Range (IGW - Increased Gross Weight) or Long Range since US Airways ordered new Embraer 190 jets?

AR 4,074km (2,200 nautical miles)
LR 4,259km (2,300 nautical miles)

About US Newsletter at page 2 (new picture of US Airways E190)
http://www.justplanenews.com/PDF/aboutUS_101906a.pdf

I was in PHX last week while doing my fleet service training, and we were told that the EMB 190 was going to replace the 737-300's. Don't know any more than that or even del. dates.

I was in PHX last week while doing my fleet service training, and we were told that the EMB 190 was going to replace the 737-300's. Don't know any more than that or even del. dates.

Well that is mostly wrong, there is no plan to replace 737's w/ E190s. The E190s are coming in and some 737's are going away since the leases are up but there is no wholesale plan that I have heard that these are 737 replacements. In fact mosy 737's are being extended. Sooner or later the company does need to decide if they are going to have a new 737 NG order or a new A319/A320 to replace the older AC over the next 5-7 years but nothing has been even rumored yet!

Which one is cheaper and cheaper to operate? And which one generates the most revenue?
My guess E-190

Which one is cheaper and cheaper to operate? And which one generates the most revenue?
My guess E-190

Yea, replacemants...It does not make sense to operate the B737 when they can be replaced by the E190's, and do a much better job at that.

Will take some time though, to get that many E190's on the property...

Don't let the fact that we're painting some B737 fool you...especially the furloughed pilots thinking about returning...

SoftLanding

As I understand it, the sandcastle does see these 190s as replacement aircraft, not expansion. This does not mean that all 737s will be replaced by E190s - but if new Boeing or Airbus narrowbodies are ordered, it's likely they will be on the larger end of the scale (i.e. - 738s, 739s, A320s, A321s). I wouldn't expect to see any 73Gs or any more A319s.

The recent amendment to the Airbus narrowbody order is an example of this thinking.

Addressing the original question, I have heard that these are the E190LR model, but don't read too much into the range advertised by Embraer. Their planes have consistently underperformed on range when placed into actual service. Not bashing the E-jets - just saying that the listed range is somewhat inflated.

How is a 190, which has less capacity, cheaper? Will not LCC be paying lease rates that were negotiated while it was solvent? Has anyone seen the CASM for the airplane as LCC is to fly it? The East 737s are flown by pilots on a bankruptcy pay rate and leased at rates forced down leasors throats in bankruptcy. The 737-400 carries 144 and the -300 carries 126, each is more than the respective airbi. What are the CASMs for the 737s? Who knows?

Recently, US Airways has been ordered new 57 Embraer 190 aircrafts powered by GE CF34-10E aircraft engines. New delivery will be coming next month.

I'm curious which one of Advanced Range (IGW - Increased Gross Weight) or Long Range since US Airways ordered new Embraer 190 jets?

AR 4,074km (2,200 nautical miles)
LR 4,259km (2,300 nautical miles)

About US Newsletter at page 2 (new picture of US Airways E190)
http://www.justplanenews.com/PDF/aboutUS_101906a.pdf

The EMBREAR 190's that USAirways ordered will have a range of 2300nm, Engines are GE cf34-10e and will have 18,500 lbs thrust each. The aircraft will have a service ceiling of 41,000ft.

linemech

How is a 190, which has less capacity, cheaper? Will not LCC be paying lease rates that were negotiated while it was solvent? Has anyone seen the CASM for the airplane as LCC is to fly it? The East 737s are flown by pilots on a bankruptcy pay rate and leased at rates forced down leasors throats in bankruptcy. The 737-400 carries 144 and the -300 carries 126, each is more than the respective airbi. What are the CASMs for the 737s? Who knows?
We just gave 767’s back to the leasers because of unfavorable leases

We were told just last week by a company officer that the company is in negotiations with Boeing and Airbus for replacement aircraft for the 737s.

A320 Driver B)
Get ready for the carrot ALPA is so fond of
LCC could be on the jetBlue A/C order/sell/giveback/cancel plan

Latest posts