Earnings coming Jan 30th

Let's keep this topic on the first page, until the earnings report are released.
Thanks.

I am in Customer Service, After 22 years with the Company and working in the same Station 9 1/2 years, I was furloughed to replace the position with a Management Position, which now have been advised they are not going to fill, even though since I transfered here 9 1/2 years ago the flight schedule for this station has increased 70 percent.

I was glad to see that someone else saw the Statement from Mr. Paker. I was advised of my furlough the last couple of hours before the end of my shift, last day before I was going out sick, with over 26 weeks of sick time accured over the years for Cancer Surgery and Treatment. I was only able to use 2 weeks of sick time and then put on furlough the first of October.

I think there were cargo ops folks in PHX that were .... I know they lost their jobs at some point even though parker says no jobs were lost in this merger .... just more lies spewing from the sand castle.....

No cargo furloughs in PHX. Where did you get that from? They are hiring and are always offering overtime. If there were cuts in cargo, they would be transferred to the ramp, if they were physically capable of doing the work. Most of them are so fat and lazy, they may not be able to fit in a bin without greasing them up.

Just to add some fodder to base speculation on, AA released their 4Q06 results today. After warning of a loss, they eked out a $17 million net profit and a decent $185 million operating profit.

So much for US being the only legacy carrier to post a profit - assuming we do post a profit.

Jim

ps - WN also announced today - $57 million net/$174 million operating, and 34th straight profitable year.

Just to add some fodder to base speculation on, AA released their 4Q06 results today. After warning of a loss, they eked out a $17 million net profit and a decent $185 million operating profit.

So much for US being the only legacy carrier to post a profit - assuming we do post a profit.

Jim

ps - WN also announced today - $57 million net/$174 million operating, and 34th straight profitable year.
I know it might hurt you to have to break your barrage of negative US posts, but we will post a profit, and I think you know that.... B) Don't worry, then you can always say that it should have been better, right? :lol:

I heard that their fuel hedge gains were over $110 million. I would love to see what WN would look like today if it weren't for their ingenious fuel hedging a few years back.

I know it might hurt you to have to break your barrage of negative US posts, but we will post a profit, and I think you know that....

Oh, I think we'll post an operating profit and most likely a net profit if you ignore one thing - hedging. It's that hedging that I don't know about, as I said early in this thread.

Remember the 3rd quarter - we would have had an operating profit of $104 million and net profit of $10 million without the hedging. Unfortunately, an $88 million loss on hedging resulted in only a $16 million operating profit and a net loss of $78 million.

Jim

I heard that their fuel hedge gains were over $110 million. I would love to see what WN would look like today if it weren't for their ingenious fuel hedging a few years back.

They would more than likely look like what they are. A very well run company with an eye towards keeping costs in check and high employee productivity.

Note that in there last quarter that fuel costs increased 41% yet profit year over year reduced only 19%.

About an $80 million profit in the fourth quarter and US Airways will be the only profitable legacy airline. The annual profit will be about $500 million.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

"Only profitable legacy airline?"

Or did you mean to say "the only profitable legacy airline based in Tempe, Arizona?"

Thanks for playing. Next! :D