East Pilot Recalls

The end of the list WAS officially reached today for this recall. They are now going back up the list with a "take it or leave it" offer. Since there are still Group II positions avaiable, there will not be an opportunity to by-pass. According to Charmane, when she reached the bottom of the list, there were still 73 open positions.

Can you tell me if group 2 is B737/A320 or EMB 190?
Thx

Group 2 is 737/A320.

The "Group" pay structure was instituted prior to the A330's, so the original structure was:

Group 1 - 757/767
Group 2 - 727/737/A320/MD80/DC9
Group 3 - F100/maybe Bae146 (don't remember if it was still here)
Group 4 - F28

When the A330's came on line, I guess you could call them Group 0....

Jim

Well going up the list to fill those 73 positions is an entirely different ball of wax.

What do you suppose are the classdates for those positions? July? August? September?

Personally, when faced with a take it or leave it offer, i'll have to say "Take it"... and then when the classdate arrives if all is well with my current employer, i'll no-show.

If we're talking about a classdate 2 or 3 months from now -- well, heck a lot can change in 2 or 3 months. My personal opinion is that USAir will see better than 50% no-show rates in recall classes as they work their way up the list.

So if I understand this thread correctly, the furlough list is going to start to shrink as they try to fill these recall classes. Does anybody have any intelligent guesses as to how many will refuse recall and be removed from the list? If that number is significant, how will it affect the arbitration dispute?

So if I understand this thread correctly, the furlough list is going to start to shrink as they try to fill these recall classes. Does anybody have any intelligent guesses as to how many will refuse recall and be removed from the list? If that number is significant, how will it affect the arbitration dispute?

Tough question. As was mentioned above, passing going down the list is one thing, but going up is an entirely differnt ball game...

Latest posts