Now or Never Recalls for East Pilots

.. I'm probably going to resign from LCC and stay at Eagle.

When is the last time I saw so much conveyed in so few words? :unsure:

I remember years ago after 911 when mngmnt was running roughshod over the pilots, PineyBob said that we had seen nothing yet.

I bet Piney didn't have a clue about how prophetic he was being. :huh:

Boy, you're not kidding. Who would have ever guessed that we would read the words, "I'm probably going to resign from LCC and stay at Eagle."

Well you guys are certainly not alone. I don't think anyone I fly with can comprehend that either. Perhaps I need counseling.... I think I'm just done, don't wanna deal with this industry anymore really and I have worked hard to realign my priorities (or they've been realigned for me more likely) and I really think the best decision for my family both short and even long term is to avoid the commute. I also am trying to realize that wanting what I've got is better than getting what I (think I) want.

In short: I've had enough. I have enough.

I guess we'll see for sure when the letter arrives if I can avoid the greed.

Well you guys are certainly not alone. I don't think anyone I fly with can comprehend that either. Perhaps I need counseling.... I think I'm just done, don't wanna deal with this industry anymore really and I have worked hard to realign my priorities (or they've been realigned for me more likely) and I really think the best decision for my family both short and even long term is to avoid the commute. I also am trying to realize that wanting what I've got is better than getting what I (think I) want.

It wasn't your thought process that was a shock, it is the reality that USAir is now about as desireable as Mesa. Who would leave Eagle for Mesa? :lol:

And as far as greed... we are all subject to temptation, but ALPA and USAir ain't offering anything that rises to the level of a temptation. :lol:

I really don’t know why anyone would come back.

Along with all the usual shenanigans, you would also have to worry how Doug’s next Stupid Merger Trick™ is going to affect you.

Why are you still hanging around?

Divorce ain't all its cracked up to be? The lousy spouse is better than starting with a new one? But once you get tossed out of a bad marriage who would go back?:lol:

Sometimes the "lousy spouse" was in retrospect the unfair target of your anger. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder."

As you guys/gals get ready to make some BRUTAL decisions, I'm guessing that the last thing any of you need, is MORE confusion !!

Confusion(or something to STRONGLY consider) come via a very serious topic, started by..."donttouchthebeauty", over on the United board. The topic suggesting that UAL (might very well) be sold off in pieces.

As *UCKED UP as LCC is(thanks to Parker) LCC still makes $$ in spite of itself(and PHL).

Now consider UAL.

Fresh out of BK(and all the advantages that the COMPANY gets, that goes with it), UAL is STILL losing $$$ :shock:

With the 2nd qtr., a mere 19 days from closing,UAL will be under a MEGA-MICROSCOPE in terms of if they CONTINUE to lose $$$, while everyone else makes $$$.

(Remember, Tilton knows NOTHING about running an airline, on a day-to-day basis, AND (I submit) I don't think he wants to !!!

If UAL were to(sadly) go this route,it would benefit ALL the remaining carriers.

Something to PONDER(or be MORE confused about).

Good luck EVERYONE who is faced with the TOUGH decisions !

NH/BB's

Well you guys are certainly not alone.... Perhaps I need counseling.... I think I'm just done... I have worked hard to realign my priorities.... I really think the best decision for my family both short and even long term is to avoid the commute. I also am trying to realize that wanting what I've got is better than getting what I (think I) want.

Counseling?

Sounds like you've got your sh*t together to me....

Is an E-175 a RJ?
Here's the easiest way to distinguish an RJ from a Mainline Jet (MJ). Mainline airlines fly MJs no matter how small they are and regional/commuter/small jet airlines fly RJs no matter how big they are.

Now, was Independence Air (formerly ACA) a Mainline or a Regional carrier? Talk amongst yourselves...

Latest posts