Now or Never Recalls for East Pilots

The spouse was the Company you worked for...

That error of logic is exactly why pilots can't get ahead. A pilot is married to his seniority number and whatever system is in place to exercise that seniority. The company does not decide the seniority system. ALPA dictates how seniority works in the industry.

The fact is that pilots are promoted based on a performance of mediocrity. I don’t deny that pilots are highly skilled and professional, but a seniority system only allows them to be promoted based on a relative mediocrity among their peers, as their peers retire and get out of the way. There are no promotions for extraordinary skill or performance. No pilot controls his pace of progression by being better or worse than others.

That of course is not true for Beebe, and Butkovic who have discovered a way to outshine their peers.

And make no mistake about it… that is exactly the strumpet that the ALPA pilot is married to.

There are no promotions for extraordinary skill or performance.
Nor are there demotions for pilots who refuse to do what pilot-pushing managers demand. The current seniority system is harsh but it was enacted for very good reasons that still remain.

Nor are there demotions for pilots who refuse to do what pilot-pushing managers demand. The current seniority system is harsh but it was enacted for very good reasons that still remain.

Seniority isn’t the strumpet. Look to the ones who have not only figured a way around seniority, but actually have figured out how to use the imperfections of the current seniority sytem to their own advantage.

Seniority isn’t the strumpet. Look to the ones who have not only figured a way around seniority, but actually have figured out how to use the imperfections of the current seniority sytem to their own advantage.
YEA! is call management

YEA! is call management

Yeah, when I paid 2% of my paycheck every month I also found it easy to believe that mngmnt was the only group that screwed with pilots. :rolleyes: By the way, its mngmnts job to find people who aren't satisfied with progressing according to their seniority. :shock:

Most have moved on from flying and would consider it a hoot to frame any letter the company might send to them saying they are fired for failure to show. (Along with the copy of their resignation letter that they mailed in the day class started.) I wonder if this trend will increase.

PRIA only lasts for 5 years on pilot background checks. We've all been furloughed longer than 5 years.

Have fun.

I saw a similar situation at a previous employer years ago, and a quote from an old salt sticks in my mind. "You may not think this place is much, but that kinda #### follows you around."

I'm not so sure that I'd just assume that it won't show up just because of this or that, but hey, whatever floats a guys boat.

I saw a similar situation at a previous employer years ago, and a quote from an old salt sticks in my mind. "You may not think this place is much, but that kinda #### follows you around."

I'm not so sure that I'd just assume that it won't show up just because of this or that, but hey, whatever floats a guys boat.

Yeah, quiting a job is a pretty scarry thing to have to explain to a future white collar interviewer... that used to be chairman preffered at USAir, but switched to American. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts