East side Non Rev ?

UPNAWAY

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
DALLAS
fall into the seniority list?
I.E. Your 1st no non revs get on the next fkight has 5 seats are you still first (no matter who is listed for that flight) or do you re sort for the new flight?

fall into the seniority list?
I.E. Your 1st no non revs get on the next fkight has 5 seats are you still first (no matter who is listed for that flight) or do you re sort for the new flight?

The list goes by seniority regardless of rollover.

Which really helps if the flight you intended to take suddenly has a delay or fills up due some cancellation of a prior flight.
But really sucks for someone that may have been waiting for 1 or more flights during the day, only to get bumped by someone that has been with the company a week longer and only tried to get on the last flight.

But really sucks for someone that may have been waiting for 1 or more flights during the day, only to get bumped by someone that has been with the company a week longer and only tried to get on the last flight.

Should some one gain seniority by sitting in an airport for a couple of hours?

Should some one gain seniority by sitting in an airport for a couple of hours?
Did I say that? I was simply pointing out one of the reasons why I personally believe time of check-in is more fair. Unlike many people on the other side of the argument, however, I recognize my preference is NOT the "only fair way".

At first I thought time of check in should be the way to go with this, but over the months, my mind has changed. DOH is the only fair way. Leaves less room for "cheating".

As for the "I've been waiting all day and some one 2 days senior to me only waited for 30 minutes and got on while I didn't" crap, is something that you'll adjust to. And if it's becomes too much of a problem, stay home or drive...or the unthinkable....BUY A TICKET!

Hula , How can DOH be the best way ? If you have been waiting for an hour to get on a flight and have a boarding pass in your hand and a employee walks up that has been hired a week before you and they let him on...... Sounds like a gate cluster to me and potential delays while the gate trys to change names etc.

[If you have a boarding pass, you will get on. There is a 30 minute cut off for non rev check in. The agents would NEVER take away your boarding pass to accomodate somebody who checked in under the 30 minute mark. Having said that, it is extremely rare to get a seat assignment on a full or close to full flight, more than 30 minutes in advance.

I also believe that no flight should ever take a delay for a non rev, or customer service processing non rev's

So on a roll over situation if you are number 3 on the previous flight in senority and you walk over to the new gate and its one hour prior to scheduled departure and a senior employee walks up he would take your place and a new boarding pass issued for the junior person ?

You would roll over to the next flight at your seniority. A new boarding pass would need to be issued for the new flight, because boarding passes are flight specific. And yes, if a sr. employee shows up outside the 30 minute cut off, your place on the list would be adjusted accordingly.

You would roll over to the next flight at your seniority. A new boarding pass would need to be issued for the new flight, because boarding passes are flight specific. And yes, if a sr. employee shows up outside the 30 minute cut off, your place on the list would be adjusted accordingly.
There is also something else people should know. Lets say you are going to FLL from PHL. Flt 123 is PHL/CLT/FLL, (thru flt). You board in PHL, when you get to CLT you cannot be bumped by another non revenue passenger regardless of their seniority because you boarded at the originating station of the flt. On the East side of this operation we have a lot of thru flts. Just keep in mind when you board at the originating station you stay on.

Sounds like an ever changing boarding list. Hopefully we will know how we will be doing by 2007.
Not really. You list yourself for the flts you are trying to travel on, when you are listed you are automatically placed in seniority order. If you do not get on the flt you are trying for you are automatically rolled over in seniority order on the next flt. Another beautiful factor about the East coast operation is the flt schedules. If you dont get on the PHL/FLL, you don't have to wait for the next FLL flt, you can go jump on a flt to PIT to connect to FLL, or CLT or DCA there are alot of options when non reving. You need not sit for hrs to wait for the next available flt. You learn very quickly to check all available options when planning your trip. Most all of the agents are very helpful in looking for options for you if you were to get bumped.

Back