Eleven New Routes...

MAH4546

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
There are a lot of tentative route cuts (including 22 Florida RJ routes, which includes the will-not start CHO/CHA/FWA flights), but there are eleven new route additions this December that have been loaded into CRS, starting 01Dec05 unless noted...

SLC-LGA (Saturday-only; 03Dec05))
SLC-BDL
SLC-MIA
SLC-BNA
SLC-CLE (01Nov05)
SLC-MEM (01Nov05)
SLC-LGB (<New DL destination)

ATL-BTV (replaces BOS-BTV)
ATL-MSN
ATL-GRB
ATL-SGF (replaces SLC-SGF)

MAH4546 said:
There are a lot of tentative route cuts (including 22 Florida RJ routes, which includes the will-not start CHO/CHA/FWA flights), but there are eleven new route additions this December that have been loaded into CRS, starting 01Dec05 unless noted...

SLC-LGA (Saturday-only; 03Dec05))
SLC-BDL
SLC-MIA
SLC-BNA
SLC-CLE (01Nov05)
SLC-MEM (01Nov05)
SLC-LGB (<New DL destination)

ATL-BTV (replaces BOS-BTV)
ATL-MSN
ATL-GRB
ATL-SGF (replaces SLC-SGF)
[post="302169"][/post]​

Are some/all of these ATL routes mainline? I'm specifically curious about ATL-MSN....

Kev3188 said:
Are some/all of these ATL routes mainline? I'm specifically curious about ATL-MSN....
[post="302196"][/post]​

Nope...they're all RJ routes.

The SLC routes are a mix:

BDL/MIA/LGA 738
CLE/MEM/BNA E170
LGB CRJ

Kev3188 said:
Thanks for the info, guys.

Here's my follow up: Is ATL-MSN going to replace the CVG flying (by Comair), or be in addition to it?
[post="302220"][/post]​

In addition to, although frequency on CVG-MSN will decline.

Current schedule: 4xCRJ MSN-CVG
Projected new schedule: 3xCRJ MSN-CVG, 2xCRJ MSN-ATL

Clearly part of what is happening is that DL is diversifying its network over the three hubs. it's alot easier to develop local traffic when you have a couple frequencies to several cities than to have a bunch of frequencies just to one hub.

It also appears from delta.com that as of the winter DL is operating far fewer widebodies from ATL to Florida than they have in the past; some of the big markets like ATL-MCO and ATL-FLL are only half 767s when they have been almost entirely widebodies before.

Bear-

You must have misread WT's post. MCO & FLL have previously been all widebody (including many 764's) and are now moving to about half widebodies (on 767's) and the rest will be narrow bodies.

As a side note from me, this is a big change. Most of it is a result of a new head of network planning. Delta culture has long held the view that ATL needs those widebodies because of ATL's location in relation to Florida which in turn created traffic on NE & Midwest flights. They are now moving more toward forcing markets to perform on the local level with flow to FL being more of a margin provider.

Back