Employee Buttons

NAPAUS said:
:p BECause, U DONT WORK there....what does it take for U to understand...We have to be IN the nasty, dirty, flithy environment day in and day out. We are the ones keeping IT alive.... Enough out of your mouth...enjoy ur upgrades and have another drink....Its OUR airline not urz...try walking a mile in our shoes THEn U can comment.. Im so tired of listening to ur rantings..
[post="249795"][/post]​
:angry: Action, substance, real tangible things improves morale..NOT FRIGGIN TACKY BUTTONS!!!!

I hope the company does not decide to update the uniforms, at least for pilots. I believe the pilots are the only group that has to purchase all uniform items (other than the first set of wings and cap emblem) out of their own pockets.

Ever wonder why USAirways pilots look so incredibly shabby sometimes? Aside from the geriatric nature of the group as a whole, none of them want to go out and spend their own money on over-priced uniform items for a job at a company that the Chairman predicts (every other month) will liquidate in short order.

The USAirways uniform that most pilots are wearing now will be the LAST Usairways uniform that they will buy, even if it is in tatters and they have years left before retirement.

usairA330boy says:
"Now I get to wear some tacky plastic button on my 20 year old uniform?"

WHAT you still have a 20 year old uniform????? my brother pilot says you need to buy new ones around 3 years . read what he says is your FOM.
perhaps a few days off unpaid is needed for you.
:up:

PineyBob said:
Yepper they worked just about as well as the "It's About Me" (IAM) negotiating team did. All style and no substance.
[post="249779"][/post]​
Glad to see you can stick to the topic at hand, and like another poster wrote, you DON'T work here and YOU DON'T know what it is like.

WHAT you still have a 20 year old uniform????? my brother pilot says you need to buy new ones around 3 years . read what he says is your FOM.
perhaps a few days off unpaid is needed for you.
:up:
[post="249812"][/post]​
[/quote]

I was talking about the design of the uniform. Please...no thanks to this company I keep myself looking VERY professional and crisp. If I get a new shirt then I buy it myself. We are supposed to get 5 a year free as replacements but In-flight says we can't anymore. Only if we PAY FOR IT by payroll deduction. It's the same jacket, shirts, pants and tie as it was in 1985. IN 1995 they they a few bottons on it but that's it. We look like a bunch of outdated ragga-muffins. Most girls look like they were shot out of a cannon from the Lagoon Hotel right into the terminal. If a pilot wears his hat these days it's smushed and looks like it was run over by a steam roller. Heck, the supervisors don't even do uniform checks anymore....they know it's just beyond help. The moral is just crushed. I for one care what I look like and have a little personal pride....others have just been beaten down and you can tell by thier uniforms.

A cheap 10 cent button and a PR campaign does not substitute for LEADERSHIP, genuine caring, and COMPETENCE.

Reminds me of Gerald Ford's stupid "WIN" buttons back in the 70s . . . ."Whip Inflation Now." Instead of really doing something about it, he decided to hand out buttons.

Apparently, the 'gurus' in CCY don't read this publication:

Potentials Magazine
http://www.potentialsmag.com/potentials/index.jsp

POTENTIALS magazine is your #1 source for cool ideas and hot products to motivate employees, sales/dealer teams and consumers to make your business more profitable. Each and every issue has hundreds of ideas for premiums, incentives, awards, promotional products, business and executive gifts, plus proven techniques for using them effectively in your motivation programs.

I don't think they have "buttons" anywhere in this publication as an "incentive."

You know, I've looked over the official "guidelines" for wearing these buttons....

If you choose to wear it, nowhere is it said that it has to be right side up.

Jim

Schatzee said:
Bruce Lakefield takes a pay cut like everyone else......so what if it's a pimple.....It would sure speak volumes to the employees.......
[post="249728"][/post]​
A pimple that is just ripe for the picking! :p

PineyBob said:
I thought those were from the Carter Administration. Not that it matters. But I didn't buy the used Ford from Nixon either.
[post="249934"][/post]​

No, actually it was Gerald Ford's administration. That's what happens when the government spends zillions of dollars in foreign wars, oil prices spike, and just prints money to pay for it.

700UW said:
If I remember correctly they gave out stupid buttons right after the first bankruptcy, wow they really worked!
[post="249776"][/post]​
Did they give out "STUPID" buttons after the first concessions and a small "Still" sticker to place in front of it for every yes vote thereafter?

I heard Lakefield hit the roof when these came out: "When I said 'Let's stick it to the employees', I didn't mean buttons!!!"

“Clear Skies Ahead" Alright... No Pension on the Horizon. No increase in pay for a few years, and lots of jobs gone to outsourcing too! I'm sure you know what they can do with their button. I'm certain a few Knuckleheads will be wearing them, most likely the ones who won't be losing their jobs sometime this year.
320 will order a case to show his support, as he has apparently not be Screwed enough yet.

PineyBob said:
I love guys like you! Always negative!

I love that US Airways refuses to die! Every day they continue in business just proves you wrong and I'm loving it.

So they try to improve morale and do a little PR with the PHL folks and you just blast away.
[post="249711"][/post]​

I don't drink the Kool Aide.

So you have someone wearing a button, which presumably costs money to produce, while your product is falling apart.

Decisions like this are exactly why US is in bankruptcy. But keep cheering on the stellar team and decisionmaking that got them there.

PineyBob said:
I thought those were from the Carter Administration. Not that it matters. But I didn't buy the used Ford from Nixon either.

I think what some may be overlooking is who the button is aimed at. Perhaps the intended audience isn't employees so much as it is customers. I haven't seen them yet. I also haven't been in the PHL airport much lately either due to the health issue. But the good nes is I'm back in the air on Sunday. I ave a total of 13 segments booked for March. Hope to see you all.
[post="249934"][/post]​

I traded in a Chrysler with a shitty transmission. The thing shined like a diamond though. Point being, even if the button is aimed at customers, it's nothing more than "flair" and does nothing for the problems under the skin of this airline.

KCFlyer said:
Point being, even if the button is aimed at customers, it's nothing more than "flair" and does nothing for the problems under the skin of this airline.
[post="249960"][/post]​

This is the kind of Top Notch thinking coming out of CCY. Sell the sizzle, not the steak. Wonder who thought of this brilliant idea?

Latest posts