employee travel website

In terms of how US manages non rev travel, I would like a return to transparency. Pre-merger it was a pretty honest system, seniority ruled, end of story. Post merger we have all kinds of shenanigans going on. F/As that commute through/ from PHX tell horror stories about how the agents go around them, put junior people on and not them, don't give them jumpseat, tell them they can't have jumpseat due to weight restriction etc. East pilots commuting on West metal are apparently being thrown off West metal for being EAST. Why is that allowed?

Every time I even contemplate taking a vacation that uses West metal I pause. Why is this the case five years later?

The other legacies put standby passenger lists on a monitor with their ranking so everyone can see it and know it's honest. We need that and the company needs to crack down on anyone messing with the system. Geez people, this is one of the only positives of working at US, why is it so dirty?

Then don't get me started about how they took our family seniority away and put it under a new hire''s.

REALLY? You just had to go there, and turn it into an East vs. West thing? You are seriously afraid to non-rev out west because there is a big conspiracy against East employees? Get a grip.

How do the FA's know that junior people are being put on before them? You can't tell seniority by looking at a person. Weight restrictions are a decision made by the pilot I believe and if you think pilots "know" if a FA is east or west, you again, need to get a grip. The pilot denying jumpseats to other pilots was an issue when the Nic and then USAPA first came out but give us a recent example.

I agree it would be nice to have the list posted or on monitors but (as was just in the company newsletter), they don't want to pay for the extra monitors.

REALLY? You just had to go there, and turn it into an East vs. West thing? You are seriously afraid to non-rev out west because there is a big conspiracy against East employees? Get a grip.

How do the FA's know that junior people are being put on before them? You can't tell seniority by looking at a person. Weight restrictions are a decision made by the pilot I believe and if you think pilots "know" if a FA is east or west, you again, need to get a grip. The pilot denying jumpseats to other pilots was an issue when the Nic and then USAPA first came out but give us a recent example.

I agree it would be nice to have the list posted or on monitors but (as was just in the company newsletter), they don't want to pay for the extra monitors.

While I understand why you would jump immediately to an East vs. West accusation, my point was basically about transparency. You'll forgive me if I give more credence to F/As I have flown with for years and their obvious distress at the state of their commutes rather than an internet accusation of paranoia.

US pre merger and in the East haven't varied that much in how we process non revs, so when you come East, yeah, it should be uneventful. Unfortunately East F/As and pilots are not experiencing an easy time of it commuting on West metal, and it would be easy to fix. I don't care if it was a screen via the travel site, I can use wireless, but some objective arbiter/ thing to discourage/ debunk my "paranoia" would go a long way to eliminating one of the East vs West problems.

Just because something isn't a problem for YOU, doesn't make it untrue.

As for the weight restriction issue, perhaps you're not aware but F/A jumpseats are outside of it, it would be nice if agents could stop trying to mess with it.

While I understand why you would jump immediately to an East vs. West accusation, my point was basically about transparency. You'll forgive me if I give more credence to F/As I have flown with for years and their obvious distress at the state of their commutes rather than an internet accusation of paranoia.

US pre merger and in the East haven't varied that much in how we process non revs, so when you come East, yeah, it should be uneventful. Unfortunately East F/As and pilots are not experiencing an easy time of it commuting on West metal, and it would be easy to fix. I don't care if it was a screen via the travel site, I can use wireless, but some objective arbiter/ thing to discourage/ debunk my "paranoia" would go a long way to eliminating one of the East vs West problems.

Just because something isn't a problem for YOU, doesn't make it untrue.

As for the weight restriction issue, perhaps you're not aware but F/A jumpseats are outside of it, it would be nice if agents could stop trying to mess with it.

You can tell on the ETC how many people are ahead of you. Not sure what more the company could do?
I was not aware that the jumpseat was outside of weight restrictions, but the issue is the same, the pilot wouldn't know if the FA or pilots was east or west without asking the gate agent for the file number (which would be a giveaway for misbehavior right there) and then he would have to know which file numbers are east and west.

WHY cant we do what Delta and Continental did years ago BEFORE monitors? They PRINTED and POSTED the Standby List at the gate 30 Minutes Prior to departure for all Standbys to see. That way things are right there for all to see in Black and White.

And to be Honest, I have flown thru CLT , PHL & PHX recently and have NEVER had any issues with wrong doing.

I have never had any problems traveling either. I thought that issuing everyone a new badge # was in part to eliminate anyone from being able to tell who is East or West due to their employee number. To this day you can still tell who was former PI,PS,US, or HP by their employee numbers. Once this is eliminated I would expect this type of nonsense to go away.

I have never had any problems traveling either. I thought that issuing everyone a new badge # was in part to eliminate anyone from being able to tell who is East or West due to their employee number. To this day you can still tell who was former PI,PS,US, or HP by their employee numbers. Once this is eliminated I would expect this type of nonsense to go away.

It does still happen. I had a PHX gate agent tell me the flight was weight restricted just 2 weeks ago. I don't know whether they just still haven't gotten the word but savvy F/As carry the no weight restriction policy with them to deal with it when it happens.

It doesn't help that the jumpseat procedure is different dependent on the Metal. All West F/As get jumpseats first on their flights using First Come First Served and then East F/As after in seniority order. All East F/As go first on East flights using Seniority then West F/As after.

It must be a royal pain to the Gate Agents to have to use two different methods.

Latest posts

Back