Employee Travel Center

nostradamus

Veteran
Dec 7, 2004
ETC Maintenance

March 28, 2007 3:00 p.m. PT
The Employee Travel Center is currently experiencing some instability issues and is undergoing maintenance.

If the ETC is unavailable, please try back later.

whatever.

its been down all day... I've been trying for 8 hours to get listed for some flights tomorrow -- yes, I could call res, but I tend to do some wierd routings to get where I need to get...

Errors are varied so far.

"System is unable to get the Screen ID from SHARES"
"Failed to connect to SHARES. Please try later. "

what the heck is going on?
Its been more down then up the past 3 weeks!

Lets get it together people!

We've WAITED LONG ENUF!

It is frustrating when you need to list on a new flight due to cancellations, last minute change of plans, etc. If you do not have a computer or in the extreme (tongue in cheek) rare chance that the etc is down, it will take the pressure off the agents and travelers to have the phone listing feature returned. It would be disappointing if the ability to list by phone did not return. The 30 minute wait for a res agent is not acceptable for a paying customer or non rev.

ETC Maintenance

March 28, 2007 3:00 p.m. PT
The Employee Travel Center is currently experiencing some instability issues and is undergoing maintenance.

If the ETC is unavailable, please try back later.

ETC Maintenance

March 28, 2007 4:30 p.m. PT

The 1 800 number took 30 minutes on a few occacions for a travel request. All times they made it clear that they were doing a complete favor to me, even allowing me to talk to them as a non rev.

Bring back the phone listing capability please.

ETC web site answer for PR consumption.

Many of you have written to tell us of the problems you’re experiencing when accessing the Employee Travel Center (ETC). IT is working to identify the problem, but in the meantime, your patience is appreciated. If you receive an error message, please try again. If you need to make a listing, please contact the Non-Rev Travel Line at 800-325-9999 and select prompt 2.

Please bring back the automated listing feature and please allow CHECK IN BY PHONE!
What would be the difference from using a computer connected to an automated system versus a phone connected to an automated system?
It would only allow check in 12 hrs prior just like the computer.
When irregular ops occur the computers in PHL are next to useless. Why bother an agent who does not want to be doing this in the first place when ALL features could be handled by both internet and phone? What is the big deal? Both automated only different forms of technology.

March 29, 2007 8:15 a.m. PT

I have been trying to list and check in today for an hour so far. I finally got listed just now. Now I have to get checked in. It won't let me. Here's the message:

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: ""
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

Who has time for all this?

PLEASE BRING BACK PHONE LISTINGS! (Yes I am screaming)

The ETC is horrible. More than 2 days to list a buddy pass. And when it works, it's slower than s---. The 800 number was fast and painless.

I wouldn't DARE consider a buddy pass for anyone I know. Well, I do have a FEW that I'd like to have lost in the sytem. Hm Hm Hm Hm Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. If this continues to be a problem just wait and see how bad moral becomes. Think it can't get any worse? Think again. Hopefully they fix this mess. It CAN be done. For management reading this "1-800-325-9999". Let us list on the phone. Leave the agents to deal with our fare paying passengers. what a concept.

I wouldn't DARE consider a buddy pass for anyone I know. Well, I do have a FEW that I'd like to have lost in the sytem. Hm Hm Hm Hm Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. If this continues to be a problem just wait and see how bad moral becomes. Think it can't get any worse? Think again. Hopefully they fix this mess. It CAN be done. For management reading this "1-800-325-9999". Let us list on the phone. Leave the agents to deal with our fare paying passengers. what a concept.
I had some problems listing last week and called the 800-325 number listened to some idiotic recording about "in order for the agents to better use their resources please use the ETC" well McFly THE ETC DOESN'T WORK!!!!!!!! I went through the stuff to check the loads (entered the flight number, date, etc..) and the response I got was "the flight cannot be found" or something retarded like that.
After doing it 3 times the system hung up on me. I called back again went through all the poopoo to talk to an agent, well when I finally got through I got someone who did not speak english, blah, blah, ok so now I'm listed. I call a friend to check me in online and the response "record locator not found". Call 800-325 back go through the poopoo get an agent on the horn and ask to pull up the record and they told me "yes it right here", so then I ask what reservation office am I speaking to? "You speak US Airway" mhhmm I think so then I ask is it e-ticketed? "uh yes e-ticket", is it in sync? (or whatever that is). "Everything fine you list". Ok I think well let's try this again, so I go on my way call my friend to check me in and again the same response. I called back 800-325 again and ask what office is this? "Phillipine" they say, so I ask can you transfer me to PHX or INT or RNO? "No transfer, me help". MMMhhhMM you've helped enough I said and released them from the line so that they could "help someone else". So I looked up the old AWA number and called it and THANK GOD, I finally got someone in PHX who told me that I was listed as a revenue passenger who didn't pay yet. We laughed and she fixed it for me and everyone was happy. Sorry for being so long winded but the point is, I was very clear about the fact that I was a Non-Rev and asked if I could list for a certain flight. It's not very hard to do and if employees have these problems what must our fare paying passengers think?

Is it too much to give everyone a sign in for Shares and we can use the computer in the crewroom to list ourselves and check-in in the actual res system? Everyone had a sign-in for Sabre and it was wonderful, you could pull up who was booked on the flight, what non-revs were listed and their seniority (to see what your chances were). It was beautiful and the thing was, you could use any empty gate computer to do it if you couldn't make it to the crewroom.

I don't understand why the 800# was disconnected either. An example:

Friday night with wingtip scheduled flights. My bad luck lists me on one with an indefinite maintenance delay. This would be no problem under the old system. Punch in the flight #, date, and listen for your name to list. Walk over to the gate and wait for the standby's to be called.

Under the new system, I must monopolize an agents time to rebook. When there is some type of event happening weather, maintenance, or some other third thing, agents are rightfully busy with cu$tomers.

Now you are hostage to the ETC, general reservations or a special services counter. Only one of which does not affect time with cu$tomers, if and when it works.

Turn on the 800 number. Today.