Envoy suite progress

At the rate this company is going the a330-300 will be set to retire before the fleet is "updated". WHY does it take this airline soooooo long to update their fleet while others move at lightning speed while navigating the same waters as US? I just can't wrap my mind around how US operates. It truly can boggle the mind of the most sane person. :rolleyes:

For those interested, the progress report has been updated to show that 6 of 7 A332s now have the Envoy Suite. That leaves just one unlucky plane flying around in the old Envoy, though it should be complete within the next 2 weeks.

Hopefully it isn't still flying around because last time I checked it was already down for the seat mod.

We're doing well on the business end so I wish they'd spend a little to extend the suite to other a/c. If there is ONE THING that Tempe has done right it's the Envoy Suite. It's definitely a strong product that can hold it's own against other carriers. I feel that improvements like that should really shine and be implemented on all of the widebody aircraft and hell, even the 757 if they'd fit. Make our transatlantic operation as uniform as possible and market the hell out of the Envoy Suite. Why it takes this company so long to do anything is beyond me. Wait, we're talking about the same lot that took a year to pick a freakin trash bag and plastic cup....nevermind. :rolleyes:

I feel that improvements like that should really shine and be implemented on all of the widebody aircraft and hell, even the 757 if they'd fit. Make our transatlantic operation as uniform as possible and market the hell out of the Envoy Suite.
The other carriers don't have a uniform widebody fleet either. DL is the epitome of a mixed bag of premium seating in their combined NW-DL widebody fleet. Even before the merger they had a mish-mosh.

CO is the only one coming close to being uniform, with even their 757's getting lie flat seating.

AA has angled lie flat in the 757(intl), 763 and 777, along with fully flat suites in 777 First. There are rumors that AA will move to a 180 degree lie flat product in both the 763 and 777 fleet, completely dumping the First suites in the 777.

What US needs to do is move to the 757 fleet after the 330-300's are done. CO has 4 rows of 180 degree lie flat in the 757 with 58" pitch. US has 3 rows at 60" of pitch and they are the old recliner style, with the remaining space ahead of doors 2L/2R given to coach. Not outside the realm of possibility, especially if the 752s are going to be in the fleet for international flights for a while.

We're doing well on the business end so I wish they'd spend a little to extend the suite to other a/c. If there is ONE THING that Tempe has done right it's the Envoy Suite. It's definitely a strong product that can hold it's own against other carriers. I feel that improvements like that should really shine and be implemented on all of the widebody aircraft and hell, even the 757 if they'd fit. Make our transatlantic operation as uniform as possible and market the hell out of the Envoy Suite. Why it takes this company so long to do anything is beyond me. Wait, we're talking about the same lot that took a year to pick a freakin trash bag and plastic cup....nevermind. :rolleyes:

I agree 100% with everything you said.

DL moved like gangbusters to paint the entire fleet, both the ex-NW planes and the pre-merger DL planes. Out of 661 planes, only 51 are left to be re-painted. Meanwhile, I'm convinced US will never finish painting ... the planes will be returned to lessors before US gets around to it.

Now DL only has 38 left to re-paint, as of January 8, 2011 (per Wikipedia).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_Air_Lines#Fleet

Is there an accurate count of where the US re-painting stands?

Now DL only has 38 left to re-paint, as of January 8, 2011 (per Wikipedia).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_Air_Lines#Fleet

Is there an accurate count of where the US re-painting stands?

32 or less if I remember correctly, they've really picked up the pace again. I think there's a 319 in ROW at the moment.

Latest posts

Back