Eo Package Vs Furlough

chele5

Dec 15, 2003
Visit site
The EO package was available today. However the furlough package is not.
We need to make a decision by March is we are electing the EO package.
The furlough package will be out in 60 days (I have heard....) ...after the EO info has to be turned in.

The question is this - if one elects to stay, not to transfer to INT and accepts the furlough - takes the unemployment/starts training - if US calls the furloughed employee back - do you have to go if you are in training for a new career? I have heard that you have to return to work (ie transfer to INT) or lose your unemployment/training. IS this correct?

Thanks for your feedback.....

chele5 said:
The EO package was available today. However the furlough package is not.
We need to make a decision by March is we are electing the EO package.
The furlough package will be out in 60 days (I have heard....) ...after the EO info has to be turned in.

The question is this - if one elects to stay, not to transfer to INT and accepts the furlough - takes the unemployment/starts training - if US calls the furloughed employee back - do you have to go if you are in training for a new career? I have heard that you have to return to work (ie transfer to INT) or lose your unemployment/training. IS this correct?

Thanks for your feedback.....
[post="242960"][/post]​
I know that when they offered Vol. Furloughs in res and then did recall, if you chose not to return, you lost unemployment. I don't know how it would work if it involved relocating.

noname said:
I know that when they offered Vol. Furloughs in res and then did recall, if you chose not to return, you lost unemployment. I don't know how it would work if it involved relocating.
[post="242969"][/post]​
You would list PIT as your recall city if you are from there, if your from Winston then who knows.

noname said:
[post="242969"][/post]​

Don't know for sure about your part of the world, but the unemployment laws tend be similar from one state to the next because they are all based on underlying Federal law. In Texas, unemployment can not be denied if the offer of work/company transfer/etc. requires a move of over 50 miles from current city of residence.

There isn't going to be a recall- if you want to work in INt you can transfer. So you put PIT as your recall city, you will never be called and you won't lose your unemployment. Ask some of the ex SYR or MCO or IND agents in your office how it works. They know. Some are getting to be experts at this.

Can anyone explain that on the page listed as "Early Out Program on page (1), the last paragraph says there is $5000.00 bonus for Reservation and Baggage Call Center employees and then you get the "General and Separation Agreement it does not mention the bonus at all. On page 3 of release it asks that employees release USAirways of any claims "known or unknown wheather specifcally mentioned herein or not. Could it be that for some reason" known or unkown whether specifically mentioned herein or not" this was left off the release.

I think anyone this must have been a rough draft and not the finished product. It would be helpful to have an open forum to addess questions. Do I think this will happen, is there a word in your language for "Fat Chance".

Thanks for the input.....
There seems to be much confusion on the topic in PIT RES.
We have been told that the company would contest the application for Unemployment benefits if you took the EO.
However the state decides who is qualified for the benefit.... so who knows....

thanks again..
chele5

chele5 said:
Thanks for the input.....
There seems to be much confusion on the topic in PIT RES.
We have been told that the company would contest the application for Unemployment benefits if you took the EO.

The human resources people in the lunchroom told agents that they doubted that the company would contest the unemployment on the EO. But all you can go on is what is in writing and that is that the company would contest it.
Another interesting topic came up today. Only the EO agents can be replaced by outsourced agents. The company thinks 50 percent of the res agents are going to apply for the early out.
What is going to happen if only 5 percent of the agents take it? Is there room in INT res for all the news hires they are going to need to replace all of PIT? The contract says they will consolidate to one site- but could that one site hold as many agents in the USA as they will need?
I don't know of one person who has definately made up their mind on what to do.
I don't think the percentage of agents taking the EO will be close to 50 though.

chele5 said:
[post="243344"][/post]​
Persistance is the key.......it may be that through appeals process, maybe you might be able to get a reduced amount of unemployment.......