F/A Recalls

you are obviously from pittsburgh. you have that wine and cheese attitude. I hope I never fly with your whinny #ss. Go away
First of all fool I don't live in Pittsburgh. Second I LOVE cheese and wine thank you very much. You won't have to worry about flying with me as I'm sure you won't be recalled to PHL. :lol: And if you DO come to PHL you WILL fly with me and you WILL love me. As for going away there is this REALLY awesome feature we have here where you can put me on IGNORE. Give it a try. ;) Enjoy your evening.

Here's another question that kind of has me puzzled.....With Beijing supposedly starting about 1 year from now, how are we gonna get language qualified (LODO's) to staff those flights if we (East) are not hiring or training new F/A's? Are they going through the entire list of Invol/Vol Furloughs trying to exhaust it so they can start New-Hire F/A training on the East to hire qualified Chinese/Mandarin speakers? :huh:
Well if they get desparate they could always mosey on over to the Panda Express, tell a couple of the workers to grab a tooth pick and march on down to A-West (or the way things are going around here lately---march on down to the F terminal)

So I guess the big question now is: how soon before they post this info?
Also, is it still true that if you are employed in a job which involves fulfilling a contract that you are safe from being "resigned" from the company?
I remember something about that. anyone remember?

So I guess the big question now is: how soon before they post this info?
Also, is it still true that if you are employed in a job which involves fulfilling a contract that you are safe from being "resigned" from the company?
I remember something about that. anyone remember?

As long as you have a copy on file with US Airways.

19-2

J. Interim Employment

1. Interim Employment Outside the Company

a. A flight attendant who accepts employment while on furlough
which requires a contractual commitment for a period of up to three (3)
years, shall be allowed to fulfill such obligation and shall be considered to
be on personal leave of absence commencing with the date of recall until
fulfillment of such employment obligation, provided such flight attendant
has notified the Company prior to such contractual commitment. A flight
attendant who has entered into a full time educational program while on
furlough and who receives notice of recall before said program is
completed, shall be placed on a leave of absence (personal) commencing
with the date of recall for up to ninety (90) days or until the end of the
current semester, whichever is first.

Well if they get desparate they could always mosey on over to the Panda Express, tell a couple of the workers to grab a tooth pick and march on down to A-West (or the way things are going around here lately---march on down to the F terminal)

LOL....well at least those girls at Panda Express will be first in line to interview for the LODO positions! Let's hope they (Tempe) have the hindsight to be thinking about this before it's too late! :huh:

USstew Thanks for the laugh! You know your little suggestion might be what Tempe is looking for. :unsure: :unsure:

First of all fool I don't live in Pittsburgh. Second I LOVE cheese and wine thank you very much. You won't have to worry about flying with me as I'm sure you won't be recalled to PHL. :lol: And if you DO come to PHL you WILL fly with me and you WILL love me. As for going away there is this REALLY awesome feature we have here where you can put me on IGNORE. Give it a try. ;) Enjoy your evening.
Maybe we should have of wine with this new us. Have fun with it

Is there a fight going on without me? No wonder it's not that entertaining.

How they handle the need for Mandarin speakers will be interesting. It's not something you can ask a few folks to go ahead and start the Rosetta Stone for- it's one of the most difficult languages to learn. There are four different 'tones' of it with different meanings. It's not like picking up Spanish, French, or Italian on the quick.

There should be some former SFO FAs who would qualify-who knew that something not from the 'burgh might be of some importance?

"Chinese! We don't need no Chinese speakers here-what for?" might be one reply.

Just because we have Asian F/As doesn't necessarily mean they speak Mandarin... I haven't met any, with the exception of one who previously worked for Air China who was furloughed long ago and doubt will ever come back.

I'd be very surprised if they found even one or two, and even then, no guarantee they would want to be in the language program or even based in PHL. One has to wonder if the company has even given any thought to this. For some reason, I just don't picture Sherri Shamblin having Mandarin speakers on her mind.

Latest posts