F/A Recalls

Girl you got that right. I guess everyone has to make their own decisions but I sure hope these poor people have someone to guide them in their decision to come back here.

There are some coming back that have absolutely NO idea what they are about to get into. They are out there somewhere in left field. What a rude awakening they will experience when they get their first call from scheduling. Oh my word. Many of these folks flew very little before even being let go. Many of can barely stand the change we have all endured gradually. Talk about WHAAAAM...right in the kisser.
You really need to consider another career and quit. There are better airlnes hiring and better jobs out there. You really have nothing ever good to say on here.

In case you're interested here is a list of f/as who are involuntarily furloughed. No names are mentioned, just employee number and order.

Recall Order

Thanks for the list but that was posted 2 recalls ago.
If SS said there will be approx 6?? some f/a's left on invol after this latest recall then I'm assuming there were 800 some invols left before this latest recall.

Some voluntary's may come back but the VFLRs, don't think so. At all.

I don't know about a recall limit in our merged contract negotiations but a 1 year cap on travel privileges after furlough is in there.

I don't know about a recall limit in our merged contract negotiations but a 1 year cap on travel privileges after furlough is in there.
Yeah but I think "our friend Dave" changed that and it was for the life of the furlough. Knowing these "revenue enhancers" that are in charge of this trailer park they'll want that gone right away. IIRC when they combined the travel stuff and started charging parents (which I'm against) the reason they stated was because "these are people who would otherwise pay for tickets on our airline". Well I'm not sure what planet they live on but my parents (or anyone else I know for that matter) would never buy a ticket on US. But that's for another thread!!

i see a potential nightmare in the making:

suppose they exhaust the invol. list and get returns from the vol. list. the people on the vol. list are logically more senior than the people on the invol. list and would have base preference. wouldn't that result in a displacement of some f/as from the invol. list before they are even back on property?

one additional concern: if they get to the vol. list, will i still have an opportunity to order a skort? :eek:

LOL!

Do they really think any of our parents would pay for a ticket on US Airways!

i see a potential nightmare in the making:

suppose they exhaust the invol. list and get returns from the vol. list. the people on the vol. list are logically more senior than the people on the invol. list and would have base preference. wouldn't that result in a displacement of some f/as from the invol. list before they are even back on property?

one additional concern: if they get to the vol. list, will i still have an opportunity to order a skort? :eek:
That was the question I asked earlier. But the answer seemed to be that once a f/a was offered a recall and took a base, that slot was taken. If they place the involuntary (on paper) before going to the voluntary list, wouldn't the voluntary only be offered the existing open positions at that time? They can continue to pass until the bottom of the list is reached and the company comes back up the voluntary list with a return or resign??? Does anybody have a definitive answer???

How many do they need again?

I think next they start assign-or-resign from the bottom of the invol list, clear that, then go into VFs, then finally VFLRs (no chance there), then they have to hire.

That is correct!!!

A few interesting tidbits from the contract......

VFLRs will be recalled after ALL voluntary and involuntary recalls are exhausted......

VFLRs only get ONE chance to come back. They have NO passing rights.

Involuntary furloughed flight attendants are recalled in SENIORITY order and can pass until nobody junior is left, which indicates they are in INVERSE order assigning recall or resignation.

NOW........

VOLUNTARY furloughed flight attendants are recalled in INVERSE order to start with an only have ONE chance. If you are a voluntary furlough being recalled and don't want to return you must resign from the company. ( 1-5 (B) of the contract)

Here's another question that kind of has me puzzled.....With Beijing supposedly starting about 1 year from now, how are we gonna get language qualified (LODO's) to staff those flights if we (East) are not hiring or training new F/A's? Are they going through the entire list of Invol/Vol Furloughs trying to exhaust it so they can start New-Hire F/A training on the East to hire qualified Chinese/Mandarin speakers? :huh:

Here's another question that kind of has me puzzled.....With Beijing supposedly starting about 1 year from now, how are we gonna get language qualified (LODO's) to staff those flights if we (East) are not hiring or training new F/A's? Are they going through the entire list of Invol/Vol Furloughs trying to exhaust it so they can start New-Hire F/A training on the East to hire qualified Chinese/Mandarin speakers? :huh:

They may just be the case.

The union will not allow them to hire ANY flight attendants (LODO) until ALL Invols are recalled. I am not sure if they will allow them to hire having VFs out. I wouldn't see that as a problem......

Something that people may want to consider before they come back is:

If there is a merger in the near future, would there be downsizing as a result of the merger?

Would there be base closures and would you be able or want to relocate?

Something to think about looking down the road.

If a merger happens it may be a bumpy road to travel.

Something that people may want to consider before they come back is:

If there is a merger in the near future, would there be downsizing as a result of the merger?

Would there be base closures and would you be able or want to relocate?

Something to think about looking down the road.

If a merger happens it may be a bumpy road to travel.

If a merger happens they are better off in active status, on the property, as a 7 or 8 year seniority F/A than as a furloughee or new hire at another carrier... anyone hired in the last few years at other carriers are the ones to be concerned about downsizing. The seniority number is pretty much whats keeping the junior reserves around, it's not worth anything here, but would be in a merged seniority list.
If US Airways stays as it is, you'll see a lot of them leave, the pay sure isn't worth it, it's minimum wage...more senior people should be ready to go on reserve if US isn't in the reindeer games.

You really need to consider another career and quit. There are better airlnes hiring and better jobs out there. You really have nothing ever good to say on here.
Listen here jokester....I don't need the likes of YOU telling me WHAT I need to do or WHERE I need to go. You don't like what I have to say? Well read this newsflash sister.....%#%@(!@*#%^T@(!@*#^#*(@ understand that? Just use your imagination...have a nice day and remember food stamps are ALWAYS an option if your reconsidering coming back. TRUTH. ;)

Listen here jokester....I don't need the likes of YOU telling me WHAT I need to do or WHERE I need to go. You don't like what I have to say? Well read this newsflash sister.....%#%@(!@*#%^T@(!@*#^#*(@ understand that? Just use your imagination...have a nice day and remember food stamps are ALWAYS an option if your reconsidering coming back. TRUTH. ;)
you are obviously from pittsburgh. you have that wine and cheese attitude. I hope I never fly with your whinny #ss. Go away